Did someone turn the fan on?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pete, Dec 14, 2008.

1. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/14/us/politics/14emanuel.html?hp

He isn't clean ...

Why decline for 5 days ... oh wait time to get the stories straight and choose a fall guy.

Yea, once the feds and the rest decide what will be released.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  2. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    If I were to say to you guys last week at this time, Rahm Emanuel, Obama's pick for chief of staff has been communicating to the Illinois gov. about who is best suited for Obama's senate seat, none of you would care, raise any objections or question it. But because the gov. communicated to his own people that he wanted to sell the senate seat.

The governer kept cursing because Emanuel wouldn't play ball. Remember? Obama's a motherbleeper?

3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,312
    No, they will not remember. In fact, they will purposely lie about the fact that Obama would not play ball with the crook.

4. pete

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Well at least not this time if indeed he didnt! That would have been a campaign killer so he had to distance himself.

5. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    IMO, Obama and his staff did not get into any pay to play crap. However, I feel that they knew about it and failed to publicly step forward and expose it. Nevertheless, Obama has more important issues on his plate than this and we have bigger worries with Obama than this. I wish this were the worse he could do.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    First off, Obama hasn't been PROVEN clean. Only that he wouldn't play ball. How pray tell did the Governor know this if he did not communicate with Obama nor anyone on his staff, as Obama stated?

Do try to note through your select-a-vision that I am NOT stating Obama has done anything. The point here would be no one but Obama and/or one or more of his staff and the Gov know at this point whether he did or did not communicate with the Gov.

7. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    I bet Obama is so grateful right now that Blago said that.

I actually think that one, people knew Obama was dirty when they voted for him, and two, no one really cares, except that Blago goes down an amusing way.

Obama has played Chicago Politics for most of his adult life. And we are supposed to think he had no part in this? None of us are that stupid. The electorate knew what they were buying, this is no surprise, and they really didn't care before, and they care less now.

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    What an incomprehesible gibberish you people have to make of the news to attack Obama on this issue.

He said that he did not personally talk to Blago, and that his staff is not involved in any move to pay for putting somebody into his Senate seat.

From that, the radical nitwits on the right attempt to insinuate there is a huge scandal waiting in the wings.

We're waiting, but we're waiting knowing that Fitzpatrick knows perfectly well who Blago met, and what was said, too.

Apparently the right wing nutters on this board can't think this issue through very clearly.

Did Blago suggest that he expected consideration for appointing an Obama selectee?

I do not doubt it.

Was his offer rebuffed?

It was if you believe Blago's own words AND the statements from Fitgerald.

STILL, the idiots on this board are trying to make poltical gold from straw.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. pete

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Obama's Senate list a big miss :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Mary Mitchell

As mentioned previously we will never know. BullShit!!

10. bigdaddygtr

bigdaddygtr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    We have so many problems right now, the man hasn't even become President, and those of you that don't like him are already attacking him on this. Unbelievable

I don't know what happened here, and if Obama played a role in it then he should get blasted for it, but you'd think that some of you people(even if you HATE him) would really be rooting for him in the time we're in instead of already attacking him on something like this before he's even President.

What's next, blow jobs?

Reporter - "Excuse me Pres - elect Obama, can you comment on the Governor of Illinois and his recent actions?"

Obama - "I want to re-iterate, I did not have sexual relations with that Governor!"