CDZ Did Santa Ever Come To Your House?

Did You Ever Do The Santa Claus Tradition?

• Total voters
But that isn't a lie though. The only lie would be is if you told her Santa was real, not just telling her a story and letting her choose to believe in the story herself.
but santa is real. He shows up all around the globe. I hear of his good will yearly. If someone choses to dress him in a red suit with a beard so be it. He is magical, how else can he get down a chimney? The Salvation Army is visited yearly by Santa.

but santa is real. He shows up all around the globe. I hear of his good will yearly. If someone choses to dress him in a red suit with a beard so be it. He is magical, how else can he get down a chimney? The Salvation Army is visited yearly by Santa.

You mean the spirit of Santa Claus I assume?

You mean the spirit of Santa Claus I assume?
that's all Santa Claus has ever been. There was once a real St. Nicholaus/ Kris Kringle.

The legend of Santa Claus begins with a Christian monk named Nicholas who was born around 280 A.D. in what is now Turkey. Nicholas was from a rich family but gave away all he had to help the poor and sick. He once saved three sisters who were going to be sold as slaves by providing them with a dowry so they could be married.

1638554581852.jpg

As a kid, we talked about "Santa Claus," but I'm the youngest of four. By the time it got down to me, it was pretty clear that he was a metaphor.

As a kid, we talked about "Santa Claus," but I'm the youngest of four. By the time it got down to me, it was pretty clear that he was a metaphor.

Oh so you mean that your siblings ruined it for you?

Christmas has always been special to me, it brings out the joy in seeing the smiles on other people’s faces. I don’t recall how old I was when it put the pieces of the puzzle together concerning distance traveled, time, and feasibility, however, it never dampened my spirit, especially now watching my grandchildren. Knowing that I have the freedom to celebrate the birth of Christ, who forgave my sins, is a present that can never be topped!

Christmas has always been special to me, it brings out the joy in seeing the smiles on other people’s faces. I don’t recall how old I was when it put the pieces of the puzzle together concerning distance traveled, time, and feasibility, however, it never dampened my spirit, especially now watching my grandchildren. Knowing that I have the freedom to celebrate the birth of Christ, who forgave my sins, is a present that can never be topped!
Christmas was tough on me and my two sisters! The season inflicted financial issues for mom and dad.
increased tension, it wasn’t always fun.

To me, anybody can be Santa Claus as all he's about is love, joy, and warmth. That's the reason why that even though I grew older, the bell still rings for me as it does for anybody else who truly believes. :)

I hate the idea of Santa. I am an atheist. But I love the ideal of Jesus. I love the ideal of wonderment that kids have come holiday times. But the kids are just wondering about what loot they'll get.

We love it as parents, because we love our kids, and we love seeing the excitement they get on Christmas morning. And we can't deny them of that. I perpetuated that until they became old enough to understand the reality of religion on their own.

They're just unpacking their loot! :)

Now, that they're adults, they understand. But we still give each other presents on Christmas, because we love each other.

It's a primal thing, unpacking your loot.

It comes from sacking other villages and bringing home prizes to your children and king.

The other villages didn't see it that way...

I hate the idea of Santa. I am an atheist. But I love the ideal of Jesus. I love the ideal of wonderment that kids have come holiday times. But the kids are just wondering about what loot they'll get.

We love it as parents, because we love our kids, and we love seeing the excitement they get on Christmas morning. And we can't deny them of that. I perpetuated that until they became old enough to understand the reality of religion on their own.

They're just unpacking their loot! :)

Now, that they're adults, they understand. But we still give each other presents on Christmas, because we love each other.

I'm not going to deny that everyone loves getting presents, especially kids who don't really have any way of getting what they want except for someone else to provide it. However, it's completely possible to raise your kids to ALSO love and appreciate the giving part of the holiday. My mom set an example of such pleasure in planning and choosing the right gift for people that, to this day, I still enjoy that far more than I enjoy getting gifts myself.

I'm not going to deny that everyone loves getting presents, especially kids who don't really have any way of getting what they want except for someone else to provide it. However, it's completely possible to raise your kids to ALSO love and appreciate the giving part of the holiday. My mom set an example of such pleasure in planning and choosing the right gift for people that, to this day, I still enjoy that far more than I enjoy getting gifts myself.
There you go. It was that all kids were equal no matter their financial status. Ask for something one really wants, and if received make someone happy. The lesson is to make someone feel good, and people take that lesson and pass it forward. Over and over and over and over and etc..............................

I know that there tends to be a great debate about this because a lot of parents believe that Santa is like a lie you tell children. However, I see Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, and The Easter Bunny to be nothing but childhood innocent fantasies and that it's only considered a lie when the child gets old enough to start asking questions about them. So of course I got money from The Tooth Fairy, found Easter eggs from The Easter Bunny and made Christmas cookies for Santa Claus, but I'm just curious what everybody else thinks about them.
As a kid, yes, Santa came with the toys. Each year I asked for a skateboard and never got one.

Many years on, Santa brought my boys a skateboard. I stood on it, only my legs would move with it. Thank goodness all those years ago I received some other toy(s) in place of a skateboard.

As an atheist, but a lover of Jesus' ideals, I always perpetuated Christmas and giving. I give them stuff, and they give me stuff, but the important thing is that we give other people stuff. Now that they're adults and live far apart, and we can't visit places together, we try to do our own things separately. They always understood that. No matter how little it is, you have to give to strangers. That would be the Jesus way, no matter if you believe in the religion.

It's not just getting loot, is what I always tried to point out. It's about giving to others in need.

Forum List

Back