Did Paul Ryan profit from insider trading?

Lakota is sitting home thinkiing this is going to turn the election.....................

Lets ask Zach what he thinks...............

20110519_0052_1-14.jpg

'Yeah, Liberals have been getting in to a lot of trouble with that claim lately (See Below) . I've already ended one thread with this, how many more do I need to blow away so that liberals will stop making this sladerous claim? '

Liberals aren't the least bit interested in being truthful. All that want is traction.

Congressman Ryan's stock trades deserve the closest scrutiny. So why is he getting a pass from the media?

The Paul Ryan Insider Trading Story Won’t Die Because It’s Legitimate

Team Romney wants you to believe Ryan didn’t really profit from privileged information. Don’t buy it.

Revealed: Romney Campaign’s Attempts to Deny Paul Ryan’s Insider Trading Don't Add Up

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vulIw27CKms&feature=player_embedded]Paul Ryan -- Insider Trading and Attack on Medicare - YouTube[/ame]

Its okay. He's a Republican and lying, cheating and stealing is just the way they do things.

Its call Business As Usual and its none of our business.

Don't think. Don't ask questions. Just be sure to vote for him.

Yeah, Liberals have been getting in to a lot of trouble with that claim lately (See Below) . I've already ended one thread with this, how many more do I need to blow away so that liberals will stop making this sladerous claim?

Paul Ryan's Bank Stock Trading
Let me apologize. I originally had a too-credulous item here linking to a piece at The Richmonder alleging that Paul Ryan has sold bank shares after a closed door meeting with Henry Paulson and Ben Bernanke on the financial crisis in 2008. As Eric Platt explains he certainly seems to have sold the shares on the same day as the meeting, but the meeting happened in the evening by which time the markets would have been closed. One can perhaps construct a scenario by which the Richmonder's theory of the case holds up, but they don't have the goods and I shouldn't have passed their analysis on with no qualification and so little scrutiny of my own.

As Brad DeLong writes, for one reason or another Ryan did quite a lot of trading of individual bank stocks in 2008 so the timing of this particularly transaction isn't particularly noteworthy when put in that context. For posterity's sake the original item is below now in strikethrough.

So you're saying Ryan was daytrading stocks in 2008? Come on? That quote is pretty much an admission of guilt right there.

Congressman Ryan's stock trades deserve the closest scrutiny. So why is he getting a pass from the media?

The Paul Ryan Insider Trading Story Won’t Die Because It’s Legitimate

Team Romney wants you to believe Ryan didn’t really profit from privileged information. Don’t buy it.

Revealed: Romney Campaign’s Attempts to Deny Paul Ryan’s Insider Trading Don't Add Up

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vulIw27CKms&feature=player_embedded]Paul Ryan -- Insider Trading and Attack on Medicare - YouTube[/ame]

His ever changing positions on the same issues are taking up all the space now.

Uninformed sources tell me that Harry Reid received bags of cash from the Mafia, in return he helped them dispose of bodies, launder money and do some illegal stuff too

Uninformed sources tell me that Harry Reid received bags of cash from the Mafia, in return he helped them dispose of bodies, launder money and do some illegal stuff too

and until he disproves this we need to have an inquirey as to who knew what and when they knew it.

Altenet.............funding sources..............all k00k left, progressive................

Arca Foundation
Bioneers Foundation
Bloome Foundation
Branscomb Family Foundation
Cloud Mountain Foundation
Shari & Richard Foos
Funding Exchange (Donor Advised)
Glaser Progress Foundation
McKay Foundation
Nathan Cummings Foundation
Open Society Institute
Park Foundation
RSF Global Community Fund (Donor Advised)
Schumann Center for Media and Democracy
Threshold Foundation
Town Creek Foundation
Wallace Global Fund

AlterNet - SourceWatch

There are three sites all the k00ks go for their news: Huffington Post, Alternet and DailyKos.

Last edited:
We know that Harry "pass the cheddar" Reid has become a mulch-millionaire on insider trading.

I have it from very, very, reliable sources, sources that wish to be unnamed, that Harry Reid earned his millions by being a drug mule. He would store vast quantities of heroin up his ass and walk it across the border. He was able to shove a great deal of heroin up his ass because it was stretched out so much from his earlier career of being a paid gay bottom in the Castro. He earned a good living that way, but he felt the best and only use of his now ruined and stretched anus would be transporting drugs. He did what he could to provide....we should respect his sacrifice.

Also, these same unnamed by very reliable sources confirmed that Eric Holder was one of Harry's best customers. It was not for the drugs....

Also, these same unnamed by very reliable sources confirmed that Eric Holder was one of Harry's best customers. It was not for the drugs....

Zander, are you spamming this thread because you're afraid of the possibility that it might be true? You seem concerned...

because there are no laws prohibiting insider trading by members of congress and it's not illegal and is epidemic in congress.

ryan wouldn't be noteworthy in that regard. and it's true of people from both parties.

Zander, are you spamming this thread because you're afraid of the possibility that it might be true? You seem concerned...

Yo Injun!! You should read more sources and quit settling so easy into your confirmation bias.

He'd been trading bank stocks pretty regularly throughout the year.

Hard to prove any wrongdoing.

Besides, Congress was EXEMPT from insider trading laws.

IOW, even if Ryan was GUILTY, which the evidence DOESN'T support, he NEVER broke the law.

Forum List

Back