Did Obergefell Kill Justice Scalia? Or What?

:rofl:

scalia didn't lose one second of sleep over that decision.

Wonder why he died with a pillow over his head? And was that pillow white or red when they found him?

Amidst the rich legacy that Justice Antonin Scalia left to the American people after more than 30 years serving on the Supreme Court, his last and one of his greatest statements against judicial activism came after the notorious 2015 Obergefell v. Hodges decision that trampled the democratic process, legislating same-sex marriage for all 50 states.

In his nine-page dissent, Scalia ripped into the majority opinion, calling it a “judicial Putsch” that poses a “threat to American democracy.” He added that a “system of government that makes the People subordinate to a committee of nine unelected lawyers does not deserve to be called a democracy.”

The Court’s “naked judicial claim to legislative—indeed, super-legislative—power” bulldozed the right of the People to self-government, said Scalia, which represents the greatest threat to the American experiment in self-government.

In his scathing rebuke of the ruling, Scalia said that the majority had reached “an opinion lacking even a thin veneer of law.” Scalia’s Last Words on Judicial Activism: Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Lacked ‘Even Thin Veneer of Law’ - Breitbart

I contend that he lost quite a bit of sleep over that decision jillian.

He placed the pillow there himself to muffle the shot he used to take his own life as a result of gays getting married. All of the puzzle pieces are fitting together.
image.jpeg

Wonder why he died with a pillow over his head? And was that pillow white or red when they found him?

Amidst the rich legacy that Justice Antonin Scalia left to the American people after more than 30 years serving on the Supreme Court, his last and one of his greatest statements against judicial activism came after the notorious 2015 Obergefell v. Hodges decision that trampled the democratic process, legislating same-sex marriage for all 50 states.

In his nine-page dissent, Scalia ripped into the majority opinion, calling it a “judicial Putsch” that poses a “threat to American democracy.” He added that a “system of government that makes the People subordinate to a committee of nine unelected lawyers does not deserve to be called a democracy.”

The Court’s “naked judicial claim to legislative—indeed, super-legislative—power” bulldozed the right of the People to self-government, said Scalia, which represents the greatest threat to the American experiment in self-government.

In his scathing rebuke of the ruling, Scalia said that the majority had reached “an opinion lacking even a thin veneer of law.” Scalia’s Last Words on Judicial Activism: Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Lacked ‘Even Thin Veneer of Law’ - Breitbart

Breitbart the website trusted by racists and homophobes everywhere.

I have been called to testify as a forensic pathology expert in many legal cases in Texas. I know about the laws that govern death investigation in that state.
It came as no surprise to me that Justice Scalia, found cold and pulseless in bed with a pillow "over his head," was declared dead of natural causes without an autopsy being performed. I was not shocked to hear that a county justice of the peace agreed to issue the death certificate without visiting the death scene or seeing the body for herself. Justice Scalia's unexamined death points to a problem - CNN.com

This is a current topic because his cause of death is still in question.

Justice Kennedy (who everyone knew was the pivotal vote, since both Ginsburg and Kagan openly advertised before the Hearing of Obergefell how they would Rule, Sotomayor was a given and Breyer always does waht Kennedy does) cited his reasons for passing Obergefell ( I say "passing" because what the Court did was legislate, not interpret; they added language to the Constitution in order to interpret their Finding). His reasons in a nutshell were "so that children's parents could be married". If polyamorists or incest couples (both sexual orientations/intimate lifestyle choices between consenting adults) have children, would Kennedy's logic mean then he could also defy the states' sovereignty and force them to "help those children" by allowing their parents to marry as well?

When you say you have a heart to help children, does that mean just some special ones, or all of them?

And, does that also mean you set up a legal bind where they will not know either a mother or father for life?

I suspect Justice Scalia knew all of this as a very sharp legal mind. It's my personal theory that Obergefell ultimately killed Justice Scalia. I think he felt powerless to stop one of the most damaging legal decisions in human history.

Though it is curious why there was no autopsy done. It seems one of our leaders who only loses power when he dies would need to have an autopsy so that in the future other Justices might not actually perish "from natural causes" without an examination. That kind of trend can catch on in an autocratic state: such as the one our country is slowly but surely becoming.

It could be though that it was obviously a suicide. And letting the nation know a Justice had committed suicide would cause them to go into shock and wonder why? So I got to thinking, if it was suicide, what was bothering him so deeply at that point in his life?

I would say LOL- but I don't laugh at the sad death of a Justice who was beloved by many people.

But this batshit conspiracy crap goes along with Silhouette's "The gay's blackmailed the Pope to quit" and "Roof killed the people in the church because he is a homosexual' batshit crazy crap.

The case is closed. There is nothing suspicious about an elderly overweight man with health issues dying from natural causes

Presidio County Judge Cinderela Guevara told The Associated Press that she consulted with Scalia's personal physician and sheriff's investigators, who said there were no signs of foul play, before concluding that he had died of natural causes. He was found dead in his room at a West Texas resort ranch Saturday morning. Guevara says the declaration was made around 1:52 p.m. Saturday.

Scalia's family didn't think a private autopsy was necessary and requested that the 79-year-old jurist's body be returned to Washington as soon as possible, said Chris Lujan, a manager for Sunset Funeral Homes in Texas. The body was returned to Virginia late Sunday.

Guevara told the Washington Post that Scalia didn’t have a heart attack, as some reports had claimed. She also said that Scalia’s doctor told her that the justice “suffered from a host of chronic conditions.” “He was having health issues,” she said.

for the same reasons most of the people you demonize do.
OMG another attempt to shut down free speech. You guys are clever and adaptable. I've heard most suicides in the gay community are because they themselves were raped as children and had drug problems and hypersexuality as a consequence. You know, from those old weird things called "studies" that we used to refer to when making claims;

It turns out that if as a boy you were molested by a man, it leads to deep depression and self-destructive behaviors. Who knew? Well, the APA knew before the LGBT cult took it over and completely annihilated its scientific components by the 1990s...There were still a few "rebels" though. Dr. Stall took heat for this one, I can assure you.

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

It's weird too because the CDC doesn't allow the word "epidemics" to be used lightly in connection with its name.
No one is trying to ‘shut down’ free speech.

Probably the couple in the room next too him were having really loud GAY sex and he was trying to unhear it.

sheriff’s investigators, who said there were no signs of foul play.”

I don't know much about forensic pathology but I know that lots of people died mysteriously under Billy and Hilly's watch. They tried to tell us that Admiral Borda took his own life over a dispute about a tiny star on a combat ribbon. Vince Foster apparently dragged his own corpse to an obscure Civil War site and forgot his car keys. Nobody could remember who hired the former bar bouncer who seemed to be in charge of disposing the body and he quietly disappeared. The liberal media was not curious.

No- the 'liberal' media is no longer curious about Vince Foster's death.....despite the efforts of Right Wing Nut Jobs for the last 20 years to create a murder.

It seems entirely plausible that a devout Catholic would kill himself and spend eternity in Hell b/c of an outcome of a court case. :lol:
Why else would a Justice commit suicide? If indeed that's what he did. How did he die anyway? This thread is half about that.

What is the most common cause of death of overweight 79 year old men?

Was responding to daws, not you mdk. And don't worry, if you, Skylar and Syriusly post one-liner spams to bleed out the page, I'll repeat the quote in another post. :popcorn:

You'll then call it "spam", and I won't give a rat's. :lmao:

I'm hoping that my comments have just the opposite effect.
The more sill and others like her post, the more sick and untenable their homophobia becomes.
I notice you didn't say one word about that study the CDC did about the genesis of gay suicidal behaviors. Remember, the study was commissioned by the CDC and done by Dr. Stall; not me.

Is Dr. Stall a "sick homophobe" because his empirical results said that gay men have been molested as boys in epidemic numbers? And that from there, their self-destructive behaviors manifest? So, "science is a sick homophobe"..lol.. Sorry the truth bothers you so much that you have to call it names.
This doesn’t have anything to do with the settled and accepted fact of law that denying gay Americans access to marriage law they’re eligible to participate in violates the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the 14th Amendment, prohibiting the states from disadvantaging a class of persons predicated solely on who they are.

I don't know much about forensic pathology but I know that lots of people died mysteriously under Billy and Hilly's watch. They tried to tell us that Admiral Borda took his own life over a dispute about a tiny star on a combat ribbon. Vince Foster apparently dragged his own corpse to an obscure Civil War site and forgot his car keys. Nobody could remember who hired the former bar bouncer who seemed to be in charge of disposing the body and he quietly disappeared. The liberal media was not curious.
There’s a great deal you don’t know much about – but you have extensive experience as a liar.

Scalia’s dissent in Obergefell is an example of the same tedious, wrongheaded hostility toward settled, accepted 14th Amendment jurisprudence common to most on the right; jurisprudence dating back well over 100 years, that the states cannot engage in class legislation.

Indeed, Scalia makes the same ridiculous mistake as other conservative jurists and adherents to the inane dogma of ‘originalism’: “but that’s not in the Constitution.”

The original intent and understanding of the 14th Amendment was to prohibit the states from seeking to deny citizens residing in the states access to the laws of the states predicated on an unwarranted, irrational hostility toward a given class of persons.

Same-sex couples are eligible to enter into marriage contracts, same-sex couples meet all the conditions and requirements to comply with the provisions of marriage contract law, and for the states to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law for no other reason than being gay is repugnant to the Constitution, where such measures seeking to do so are lawfully and appropriately rendered invalid.

As a fact of law Scalia was wrong.

“Held: The Fourteenth Amendment requires a State to license a marriage between two people of the same sex and to recognize a marriage between two people of the same sex when their marriage was lawfully licensed and performed out-of-State. Pp. 3–28.”

OBERGEFELL v. HODGES

I notice you didn't say one word about that study the CDC did about the genesis of gay suicidal behaviors. Remember, the study was commissioned by the CDC and done by Dr. Stall; not me.

Is Dr. Stall a "sick homophobe" because his empirical results said that gay men have been molested as boys in epidemic numbers? And that from there, their self-destructive behaviors manifest? So, "science is a sick homophobe"..lol.. Sorry the truth bothers you so much that you have to call it names.

Are you saying that Scalia was gay- and committed suicide? If not- what the hell does that have to do with your bizarre Konspiracy thread about Scalia?

And about Dr. Stall- as with everything you cite- what you claim the citation says is different from what both the citation and Dr. Stall says- you know this because I have pointed this out to you dozens of times when you persist in using that citation inaccurately.

Dr. Stall is not a homophobe- that would be you. Dr. Stall doesn't agree with you.

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

Only a homophobe like you would try to twist Dr. Stalls findings to your own perverted conclusions.

Stall added that other marginalized populations – including ethnic minorities and the urban poor – may also be suffering from a similar syndemic; this may be further exacerbating the HIV/AIDS epidemic in these patient populations as well.
How the Family Research Council manipulates legitimate data to hurt the lgbt community - Shadowproof

Dr. Ronald D. Stall Interview

For anyone interested in what Dr. Stall actually has to say- listen to his interview- in it- he points out that homophobia like that of Silhouette's helps drive the AID's epidemic.

Further responding to Silhouette's lies- more from Dr. Stall- whom Silhouette cites so glowingly- and who calls homophobic behavior like hers dangerous to gay men.

First Build Gay Men's Resilience. HIV Prevention Will Follow.
[Dr.]Ron Stall in an interview for my Atlantic article about gay men’s resilience called resilience “an untapped resource” in protecting gay men’s health, avoiding HIV and building a strong community.

In fact, a 2013 report from the National Institutes of Health LGBT Research Coordinating Committee pointed out that understanding resilience—how it develops, may protect health, and buffers against the stigma that sexual minorities risk turning upon themselves—should be a cornerstone of the institutes’ future LGBT health research.

Research suggests our journey toward being healthy, resilient gay men begins by accepting our sexual orientation as a natural, normal part of ourselves. Ron Stall told me in our interview, “Guys who do the best job of resolving internalized homophobia [or self-stigma] are the least likely to have current victimization, substance abuse, and compulsive [high-risk] sex.”

Put a little differently, he said, “Getting a population of people to not hate themselves is good for their health. This is not rocket science.”

Interventions and programs aimed at building our resilience and bolstering our mental health can be the “rocket fuel” propelling us to greater heights of self-esteem, good health and even lower rates of new HIV infections.

One of the researchers of the new Journal of AIDS study, Harvard medical professor and Fenway Institute research director Kenneth D. Mayer, M.D., told me in our interview for the Atlantic resilience article, such interventions are particularly important for young people. “If we can identify programs that engage youth so they feel good about themselves,” he told me, “there will be fewer problems down the road.”

Healthy men make healthy choices. It’s that simple — and that complex.

It turns out that if as a boy you were molested by a man, it leads to deep depression and self-destructive behaviors. Who knew? Well, the APA knew before the LGBT cult took it over and completely annihilated its scientific components by the 1990s...There were still a few "rebels" though. Dr. Stall took heat for this one, I can assure you.

It's weird too because the CDC doesn't allow the word "epidemics" to be used lightly in connection with its name.
First Build Gay Men's Resilience. HIV Prevention Will Follow.
[Dr.]Ron Stall in an interview for my Atlantic article about gay men’s resilience...

Put a little differently, he said, “Getting a population of people to not hate themselves is good for their health. This is not rocket science.”...Interventions and programs aimed at building our resilience and bolstering our mental health can be the “rocket fuel” propelling us to greater heights of self-esteem, good health and even lower rates of new HIV infections.

Yes! Absolutely. Regressive therapy to teach these men "you didn't do this to yourselves, your molestor did! Do not internalize the hatred you have for your assailant. Love yourself and heal" would absolutely set them on the path towards healthier sexual behaviors that would make them far less likely to get HIV/AIDS.

We are finally, FINALLY in perfect synchronized agreement!

It turns out that if as a boy you were molested by a man, it leads to deep depression and self-destructive behaviors. Who knew? !

It turns out that if you were molested as a girl, it leads to depression and self destructive behaviors- who knew?

Everyone.

Anyone who has known an adult who was molested as a child knows an adult who has had to struggle with the consequences of being molested. Most of the victims are of course girls- and some are of course boys- and that is a tragedy- not just tools for you to attack homosexuals.

Dr. Stall's research and articles points out that gay men have concurrent epidemic's of destructive behaviors- and that homophobic attacks like yours is part of the problem.

So why do you continue to attack homosexuals knowing that your attacks cause harm to gay men?

Are you saying that Scalia was gay- and committed suicide? If not- what the hell does that have to do with your bizarre Konspiracy thread about Scalia?

And about Dr. Stall- as with everything you cite- what you claim the citation says is different from what both the citation and Dr. Stall says- you know this because I have pointed this out to you dozens of times when you persist in using that citation inaccurately.

Dr. Stall is not a homophobe- that would be you. Dr. Stall doesn't agree with you.

Only a homophobe like you would try to twist Dr. Stalls findings to your own perverted conclusions.

Stall added that other marginalized populations – including ethnic minorities and the urban poor – may also be suffering from a similar syndemic; this may be further exacerbating the HIV/AIDS epidemic in these patient populations as well.
How the Family Research Council manipulates legitimate data to hurt the lgbt community - Shadowproof

Dr. Ronald D. Stall Interview

For anyone interested in what Dr. Stall actually has to say- listen to his interview- in it- he points out that homophobia like that of Silhouette's helps drive the AID's epidemic.
That's kinda obvious isn't it?

Yes! Absolutely. Regressive therapy to teach these men "you didn't do this to yourselves, your molestor did! Do not internalize the hatred you have for your assailant. Love yourself and heal" would absolutely set them on the path towards healthier sexual behaviors that would make them far less likely to get HIV/AIDS.

We are finally, FINALLY in perfect synchronized agreement!

No- I am in favor of therapy for any child who has been sexually molested- therapy to help them deal with the very real tragedy of their molestation.

You are in favor of 'fix the gay' therapy just for boys who are gay.

You are part of the problem Dr. Stall identified.

Forum List

Back