Did Obama picking Biden make you choose him

Obama voters: Was it his pick of Biden as VP that made you vote for Obama?

• Total voters

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
It another thread we had a discussion on what Biden really adds to the Obama ticket. I don't think he adds much at all. And of all the politicians currently serving in our government, i think he is one of the most arrogant and ignorant.

But obviously, there may be things others see that I don't. So I am curious. Of you who voted for Obama, did any of you vote for him because of his choice of Biden as VP? And by that I mean was Biden what put you over the top for support.

I ask because honesty, I don't see it and I am curious.

Obama's campaign staff chose Biden because of Biden's many gaffes (takes the heat off Obama) and because of his skin color, or lack of it, of course!!! :eusa_whistle:
Oh, and Biden was already 'cleaned up'. :eusa_shhh:

:eusa_angel:

Obama chose Biden because his expertise is in Foreign Relations, an area where Obama didn't have all that much experience... at least that's the way the media presented it. I don't know if there was a darker(lighter?) reason for it.

Nope, but other than his crazy gaffs I thought he was a good choice. He has foreign policy experience.
Plus he is a good way to distract people

Biden allowed Obama to bypass Hillary. He had more time in the Senate and was an elder statesman.

He also allowed Obama to counter the inexperience argument.

But the thing is, unless the president ceded a lot of authority to the Vice-President, it isn't worth a bucket of warm spit, as John Nance Garner used to say.

(And in case you don't know who that was, he was FDR's first Vice President, who quit after the second term. It's pretty much the only thing that he's remembered for.)

Get over it, the President loves pasty white old farts, so do I.
But, I thought it would have been better if he'd chosen Donna Brazile.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzOTfbpGj1s]Donna Brazile on a roll - YouTube[/ame]

No, but it confirm my opinion that Obama is an idiot.

Also, what does 'I voted against Obama' mean? Does one vote 'against' someone? I've always voted 'for' someone... usually not a Democrat someone... and usually not a Republican someone.

Obama's campaign staff chose Biden because of Biden's many gaffes (takes the heat off Obama) and because of his skin color, or lack of it, of course!!! :eusa_whistle:
Oh, and Biden was already 'cleaned up'. :eusa_shhh:

:eusa_angel:

Uninformed sources tell me that Obama asked his staff for "The List of People who Make me look smart in Comparison" and Biden was the only name on the list

Forum List

Back