CDZ Did MILO mean young men not young boys? or does he really support pedophilia?

A young man, is a man from 20- 25 years old, certainly not a boy in his teens...even a 16 year old is NOT a young man....sorry!

Would you refer to a 19-year-old male stationed in Afghanistan as a boy?
he's a teen, a teenager and maybe a young adult....depending on the situation being spoken about, if he were my son, he would be ''My boy'' at 19, even if serving in Afghanistan!!! :D

*the avg age of all those guys that died in VietNam...19 is what I've heard...

I am not outraged by what Milo talked about...I feel sorry for him...that he still believes his sexual encounter with the 29 year old when he was 14 or so, was ok and actually good for him...and not statutory rape... he believes he consented but he didn't, because he couldn't...his brain was not developed enough yet....and a 29 year old adult, should know that....

Also, by Milo talking about his views on his experience may harm other young boys by sort of giving them, the OK, in going in to a relationship with a 29 year old, or there about, at such a young age.

If I recall correctly from the interview, it's a technical skill of sorts that he claims he developed as a result of the experience. I don't have a way to know for sure, but there must be some people who do...It may well be that the experience did improve his skills as he describes. I can say that having in my youth been on the magister's side of things, the skill he mentioned is one that willing practitioners can over time and good instruction show marked improvement, and I doubt that gender has anything to do with that being so.

I disagree that a 14 year old is not capable to consent to have sex. It may [be] and almost always is a poor decision for a 14 year old to consent to have sex, but that does not make it not consent.
you are correct, if with his peers of around the same age ....say within 3 yrs or so, but NOT WITH AN ADULT MALE just shy of 30

What, Care4all? Would you clarify your comment, please? Just so you know why I've asked you to do so:
  • As goes your statement "you are correct," do you mean with regard to @jomoma's having written...
    • ...disagree that a 14 year old is not capable to consent to have sex?
    • It...is a poor decision for a 14 year old to consent to have sex?
    • [A 14 year-old having sex] does not make [their doing so consensual]?
Additionally, your comment reads as though you are asserting that JoeMoma is correct that it's a poor decision for a 14 year old to consent to have sex, but it's not a poor decision if the other person involved is an adult male about twice their age. I truly hope that's not what you mean, but what you wrote is ambiguous (? -- one hopes) enough that it offers that interpretation as a valid one, even if that isn't what you mean. Given the nature of this topic, and that particular line/sequence of remarks, you may want to be clearer and more precise....I'm not castigating you just yet or poised to call the FBI; I'm just sayin'.....and waiting to see how you reply.

I am not outraged by what Milo talked about...I feel sorry for him...that he still believes his sexual encounter with the 29 year old when he was 14 or so, was ok and actually good for him...and not statutory rape... he believes he consented but he didn't, because he couldn't...his brain was not developed enough yet....and a 29 year old adult, should know that....

Also, by Milo talking about his views on his experience may harm other young boys by sort of giving them, the OK, in going in to a relationship with a 29 year old, or there about, at such a young age.

If I recall correctly from the interview, it's a technical skill of sorts that he claims he developed as a result of the experience. I don't have a way to know for sure, but there must be some people who do...It may well be that the experience did improve his skills as he describes. I can say that having in my youth been on the magister's side of things, the skill he mentioned is one that willing practitioners can over time and good instruction show marked improvement, and I doubt that gender has anything to do with that being so.

I disagree that a 14 year old is not capable to consent to have sex. It may [be] and almost always is a poor decision for a 14 year old to consent to have sex, but that does not make it not consent.
you are correct, if with his peers of around the same age ....say within 3 yrs or so, but NOT WITH AN ADULT MALE just shy of 30

What, Care4all? Would you clarify your comment, please? Just so you know why I've asked you to do so:
  • As goes your statement "you are correct," do you mean with regard to @jomoma's having written...
Additionally, your comment reads as though you are asserting that JoeMoma is correct that it's a poor decision for a 14 year old to consent to have sex, but it's not a poor decision if the other person involved is an adult male about twice their age. I truly hope that's not what you mean, but what you wrote is ambiguous (? -- one hopes) enough that it offers that interpretation as a valid one, even if that isn't what you mean. Given the nature of this topic, and that particular line/sequence of remarks, you may want to be clearer and more precise....I'm not castigating you just yet or poised to call the FBI; I'm just sayin'.....and waiting to see how you reply.
oh my gosh! :lol:

no silly willy! What I was saying was that yes 14 year olds may end up having sex with their peers of around the same age, but at 14 having sex with a 29 year old is the 29 year old taking advantage of the 14 year old's lack of maturity and statutory rape.

A young man, is a man from 20- 25 years old, certainly not a boy in his teens...even a 16 year old is NOT a young man....sorry!

he's a teen, a teenager and maybe a young adult....depending on the situation being spoken about, if he were my son, he would be ''My boy'' at 19, even if serving in Afghanistan!!! :D

t

I would show him the utmost respect by referring to him as a brave young man.

no silly willy! What I was saying was that yes 14 year olds may end up having sex with their peers of around the same age, but at 14 having sex with a 29 year old is the 29 year old taking advantage of the 14 year old's lack of maturity and statutory rape.
It seems that you are making a legal argument. In many if not most states, the age of 14 is below the age of legal consent, so legally a 14 year old can not consent to have sex with an adult. That being said, a 14 year old can definitely agree or give permission to have sex with an adult, but not in the legal since. Agreeing is consent.

To answer the OP...his original statement, then made worse by his 2nd statement he clearly and in-arguably was talking about 12,13 year old boys. His third statement is a back peddling cop-out attempt to retract what he so clearly said after seeing his career is in shambles.

It seems that you are making a legal argument. In many if not most states, the age of 14 is below the age of legal consent, so legally a 14 year old can not consent to have sex with an adult. That being said, a 14 year old and definitely agree or give permission to have sex with an adult, but not in the legal since. Agreeing is consent.
No it is not legally or mentally consent at that age with an adult male much older...BECAUSE the brains of boys at that age are not fully developed....and any 29 yr old adult that chooses to have sex with a 14 year old boy knows that he has power over the boy or girl.
\
AND GIRLS mature in that area of the brain years before a boy, and there is no way, that I would believe that a 14 year old girl could give consent for having sex with a 29 year old man, even though she is more matured in that area of the brain than the boy is so why in the HECK would I think that the 14 year old boy giving consent is ok?

It's called statutory rape, there is a reason for it, and it is science now, that shows such development in the brain.

Gotcha. That sentiment I understand. I don't know what I think of it, but I do know I don't think it's criminal. LOL

It seems that you are making a legal argument. In many if not most states, the age of 14 is below the age of legal consent, so legally a 14 year old can not consent to have sex with an adult. That being said, a 14 year old and definitely agree or give permission to have sex with an adult, but not in the legal since. Agreeing is consent.
No it is not legally or mentally consent at that age with an adult male much older...BECAUSE the brains of boys at that age are not fully developed....and any 29 yr old adult that chooses to have sex with a 14 year old boy knows that he has power over the boy or girl.
\
AND GIRLS mature in that area of the brain years before a boy, and there is no way, that I would believe that a 14 year old girl could give consent for having sex with a 29 year old man, even though she is more matured in that area of the brain than the boy is so why in the HECK would I think that the 14 year old boy giving consent is ok?

It's called statutory rape, there is a reason for it, and it is science now, that shows such development in the brain.

Comment on this, please.

Chris Cuomo was asked, “What do you tell a 12 year old girl who doesn’t want to see a penis in the locker room?”

He responded, “I wonder if she is the problem or her overprotective and intolerant dad? teach tolerance.”

It seems that you are making a legal argument. In many if not most states, the age of 14 is below the age of legal consent, so legally a 14 year old can not consent to have sex with an adult. That being said, a 14 year old can definitely agree or give permission to have sex with an adult, but not in the legal since. Agreeing is consent.

Now that's nuanced. I don't know the law well enough to comment on that. I'm just thankful I don't need to know those laws well enough to be concerned about that degree of nuance. LOL

\

Comment on this, please.

Chris Cuomo was asked, “What do you tell a 12 year old girl who doesn’t want to see a penis in the locker room?”

He responded, “I wonder if she is the problem or her overprotective and intolerant dad? teach tolerance.”
I'll pass on that, only because I don't want to see this thread hijacked or side barred.

\

I have kids (all adult now), two each, boys and girls. I get what you're saying, but I wonder whether the immaturity of which you speak ("maturity" is the term "everyone" uses; I'm not semantically quibbling over that) is a function of time or teaching. My thinking is that at something like 14-16, kids, if there are taught frankly about the risks of sexual activity, the attendant responsibility and the potential impact on their later lives, they might very well be able to make what we call mature decisions about sexual activity. It is after all culture, not nature, that advises deferring sexual activity until later periods in life. I know it sounds overly simplistic to say, but Mother Nature gets a lot of things right, and "she's" got a better track record in that regard than do we humans.

I have kids (all adult now), two each, boys and girls. I get what you're saying, but I wonder whether the immaturity of which you speak ("maturity" is the term "everyone" uses; I'm not semantically quibbling over that) is a function of time or teaching. My thinking is that at something like 14-16, kids, if there are taught frankly about the risks of sexual activity, the attendant responsibility and the potential impact on their later lives, they might very well be able to make what we call mature decisions about sexual activity. It is after all culture, not nature, that advises deferring sexual activity until later periods in life. I know it sounds overly simplistic to say, but Mother Nature gets a lot of things right, and "she's" got a better track record in that regard than do we humans.

I too have adult children, and I would say that 14-16 yo's do NOT and will never have the capacity to make proper "adult" decisions about their own sexual activity. Not even close.
Statutory rape is there for a reason, and a good one. Under no conditions would I change my mind or even consider that these laws should be changed or altered for any reason.

I too have adult children, and I would say that 14-16 yo's do NOT and will never have the capacity to make proper "adult" decisions about their own sexual activity. Not even close.
Statutory rape is there for a reason, and a good one. Under no conditions would I change my mind or even consider that these laws should be changed or altered for any reason.

Um....was it rape when yours and my ancestors bred at that age? I guess you didn't get to that inference before you replied?

Perhaps it's my mistake. Maybe I should have been clearer about my aim to inject a different set of considerations pertaining to the theme. Sorry.

\

I don't know for certain, I would need to read up some more...my impression of what I have read, was that this particular area of the brain that involves reasoning or/and impulse is simply not activated to it's fullest until later....so even if as a father, you explained all of this to him or her, they may think and you may think they understand it fully, but they simply may not.

I do think that you having a discussion on this all with them can only help lead them to understanding....but it is still a "fingers crossed" situation in my book....they are called juveniles for a reason and have so much more on their plate than I did at their age, but this still does not increase the actual development in that part of the brain that relates to these kind of decisions....as far as I am aware...but as said, I will read some more on it to see what I can find out.

\

I don't know for certain, I would need to read up some more...my impression of what I have read, was that this particular area of the brain that involves reasoning or/and impulse is simply not activated to it's fullest until later....so even if as a father, you explained all of this to him or her, they may think and you may think they understand it fully, but they simply may not.

I do think that you having a discussion on this all with them can only help lead them to understanding....but it is still a "fingers crossed" situation in my book....they are called juveniles for a reason and have so much more on their plate than I did at their age, but this still does not increase the actual development in that part of the brain that relates to these kind of decisions....as far as I am aware...but as said, I will read some more on it to see what I can find out.

Correct, the frontal lobe is credited with "higher" thinking, i.e. critical thinking. It does not develop until people are in their 20's. Therefore it is against nature, who set that timeline, to say that a child at an earlier age should be given the "authority" to make decisions that require that ability. It is that simple.

Um....was it rape when yours and my ancestors bred at that age? I guess you didn't get to that inference before you replied?

Perhaps it's my mistake. Maybe I should have been clearer about my aim to inject a different set of considerations pertaining to the theme. Sorry.

It would have been if there were laws protecting them yes.
It was common across the globe for 30 yo and older to wed 14 year old girls or even younger. It was a deplorable practice that was specifically done to give the matured male dominance and use his size and greater life experience to lord over her.

\

Consent is not that complicated. It's simply agreeing or giving permission to do something.

\

I do think that you having a discussion on this all with them can only help lead them to understanding....but it is still a "fingers crossed" situation in my book....

I hear you. In terms of the topic at hand, when raising my kids, I certainly didn't cross my fingers and hope for the best. I'm not about to implore others to make guinea pigs of their kids to find out whether adolescents do indeed have the capacity to exhibit the requisite maturity the sex act requires.

Forum List

Back