CDZ Where is all this "outrage" leading?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Serious question for serious posters. It seems to me that the type of violence and intimidation we are now seeing bodes ill for our representative democracy. Are these mobs going to be mollified in the future by smoother talking politicians who offer no real solutions to problems, or are they going to become ever more demanding of personal benefits and ever more committed to the destruction of our existing institutions? I would like to think that this is a temporary reaction to the last election, but preexisting actions by such groups as Occupy Wall Street and Black Lives matter suggest otherwise.

Will this become the new norm for political discourse in our country? If so, where will it all lead?

Serious question for serious posters. It seems to me that the type of violence and intimidation we are now seeing bodes ill for our representative democracy. Are these mobs going to be mollified in the future by smoother talking politicians who offer no real solutions to problems, or are they going to become ever more demanding of personal benefits and ever more committed to the destruction of our existing institutions? I would like to think that this is a temporary reaction to the last election, but preexisting actions by such groups as Occupy Wall Street and Black Lives matter suggest otherwise.

Will this become the new norm for political discourse in our country? If so, where will it all lead?
The left are just a bunch of whiners who will not do anything more than wet their pants and sign a petition and think they solved all the worlds problems.

The left are just a bunch of whiners who will not do anything more than wet their pants and sign a petition and think they solved all the worlds problems.

Not a serious response.
Serious, factual, and to the point.
The left piss their pants, sign a petition and go home to mommy's basement to spend the name playing video games thinking they solved something.

Not a serious response.
The left piss their pants, sign a petition and go home to mommy's basement to spend the name playing video games thinking they solved something.

The question is how long this will last and what will it lead to.

Not a serious response.

The question is how long this will last and what will it lead to.
The left just whine, it will lead to diaper rash soon.

oh snookie... what about your rage for the last eight years? :cuckoo:

oh snookie... what about your rage for the last eight years? :cuckoo:

Do you actually consider that to be a serious response? Not only does it fail to address the question posed, it introduces a false equivalency. Do you understand this, or are you :cuckoo:?

. We are experiencing a number of revolts due to the unfounded fears that some groups feel after this election... Name a leftist group, and I betcha they got a huge wah burger and some french cries in which they are having for breakfast, lunch, and supper daily now. It's hilarious really. It's like their worst fears have come true, even though they haven't come true. Their fragile state of minds is a truly amazing thing to see. Who would have thunk it ??

If it wasn't for the media coverage I would have no idea about any outrage or protests. I don't go in the areas where they happen or care to. I live in an outer region beyond suburbia and have no need of metro areas. Neighbors and people I personally know live their life regardless of who is president and quite frankly don't have the time to protest. We just vote. The left lost because of that vote.

I think the answer will depend on the success or failure of the economy to serve the needs of a majority and provide social stability. A lot of what we are seeing is a result of the destabilizing effects of free market ideology. Allowing capital to flee our borders in search of cheap labor has thrown us into turmoil.

As to the first question, I don't know, but I hope not. It really does nothing to solve the ills of our country. If it were to become the new norm, well... Eventually, if not put in check, it will lead to armed conflict. On what scale, I have no idea. The people of this country will only tolerate this for so long, and that time is coming to an end.

"Lohmer’s bill beefs up penalties for obstructing highways, including entrance and exit ramps. Right now, it’s a misdemeanor carrying fines up to $1,000 and 90 days in jail.
The bill would make it a gross misdemeanor, carrying fines up to $3,000 and a year in jail."http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/01/12/minnesota-bill-freeway-protesting-serious-crime/
Minnesota, not exactly a haven for conservatives. Only state to vote FOR Mondale in historic Reagan landslide of 1984.

Just WOW! I think you just revealed your age. Anyone who lived through the 60's would regard today as an era of peace and decorum. How many presidential candidates or presidents have been assassinated this decade? How many political bombings (think Weatherman), how many students shot on campus by troops?

And that hasn't been the worst decade, just the most violent and polarized in this generation's memory. Labor wars of the 1890's and 1930's, the Klan wars of Reconstruction, the Red Scare of 1919, and the quaint Southern custom of lynching come to mind.

Get a grip. The kiddies are only playing at revolution now. Wait til the Brownshirts start wearing their uniforms in public.

The riots are tame compared to the 60's I agree.

Now the talk show guys and their hatred......is that a new thing?

Forum List

Back