Did Chrispie just shoot down his vice presidential nomination by lying?

R

rdean

U.S. GAO - Commuter Rail: Potential Impacts and Cost Estimates for the Cancelled Hudson River Tunnel Project

The project would have helped meet the projected increase in travel demand and improved mobility by doubling the number of daily peak period trains, and significantly increasing daily trips between New Jersey and Manhattan—from about 174,000 without the project to 254,000 with the project by 2030—while reducing transfers and station crowding and improving reliability of service.
The project potentially would have generated economic activity in the region in the form of jobs and income, business activity, and increased home values, but many economic effects were hard to predict with certainty. For example, the extent to which the project would shift the location of economic activity, versus providing additional net economic activity, is uncertain.
The project was estimated to have created limited but mostly positive environmental effects—in particular, improved air quality—and included measures to mitigate negative effects such as noise and storm water runoff.

10811240-large.jpg

Mr. Christie also misstated New Jersey’s share of the costs: he said the state would pay 70 percent of the project; the report found that New Jersey was paying 14.4 percent.

Chris Christie Lied About Costs of Hudson River Tunnel Project He Cancelled | FDL News Desk

I understand that Chrispie is twice the man I am, but lying and costing a state thousands of jobs and an economic future is a "no-no".

Raise your hand if you believe what someone in government says about something's 'projected cost' .... With tightening state budgets ... I would have gunned it down to

Raise your hand if you believe what someone in government says about something's 'projected cost' .... With tightening state budgets ... I would have gunned it down to

Well, then you are kind of an idiot.

The cities that are going to move ahead are the ones that invest in the infrastructure.

I visited Cleveland a few weeks ago, and if you want to see a city that is dying, go there.

Libtards and their choo choo trains.

LOL

In July of 2009, McConnell told CNN that “The stimulus was a big mistake. I think we can fairly safely declare it now a failure.” Two months later he signed five letters requesting funds from the Department of Transportation for a variety of stimulus projects, including a railroad rehabilitation program that he said could “attract industry, create jobs, and move goods through areas underserved by national highways

Stimulating hypocrisy: Scores of Recovery Act opponents sought money out of public view

Mitch McConnell is a "libtard"?

No, you are just a plain "tard".

How come Republicans don't have a clue what their leaders are up to? Can't they see passed Obama's skin color? Seems they can't.

I'm sure you agree with 90% of Republicans, "Education must be the first to go". After all, did it help you in any way?

Pft I dobut Christies huge lies are anything in comparison to Mitt Romney s constant lying and flip-flopping. ALso to republicans lying is a good thing given that all they do is lie

Mr. Christie also misstated New Jersey’s share of the costs: he said the state would pay 70 percent of the project

Lefty lie, much?

Read the report. There was no agreement on who paid cost overruns, for example.

Christie would have been nuts to pursue any deal shoved thru by Corzine and his Democratic crime syndicate.

I'm sure you agree with 90% of Republicans, "Education must be the first to go". After all, did it help you in any way?

Your not far off. I saw my taxes go up to help fund better schools, then watched as the school district hire admin personal instead of teachers ... School are about teaching, not file work ... Admin personal grew by 400% ... Teachers grew by 20%

Your not far off rdean ... Not exactly right, but close

Since taking office in 2010, Gov. Chris Christie has approved a record $1.57 billion in state tax breaks for dozens of New Jersey’s largest companies after they pledged to add jobs.

The critics pointed out that even when the promised jobs have not materialized, the Christie administration has merely reduced, not withdrawn, the subsidies. And they say that the administration is mortgaging the state’s future by forgiving so much tax revenue for the next 10 to 15 years.

“Christie has taken this to a whole different level; it’s become a feeding trough,”

Another agreement has also stirred criticism. In February 2011, the state approved a $42 million tax break for Campbell’s Soup to renovate its longtime headquarters in Camden and add new jobs.
Campbell’s then announced in June that it would eliminate 130 jobs in Camden.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/05/n...for-short-moves.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Chrispie throws money at anyone who threatens to leave. One has to imagine his negotiations with China or Russia. Too fucking funny.

“Christie has taken this to a whole different level; it’s become a feeding trough,”

And,damn, he really looks like he feeds at a trough.

Seriously, this isn't' the first or last time Christie has lied. That's why we call him a Republican - its a requirement.

So Joe Biden can actually make racist comments and be an intelligent choice for VP, but rdean thinks Chris Christie should be excluded from consideration because he allegedly lies despite the information not actually supporting rdean's claim.

Welcome to bizzarro world.

U.S. GAO - Commuter Rail: Potential Impacts and Cost Estimates for the Cancelled Hudson River Tunnel Project

The project would have helped meet the projected increase in travel demand and improved mobility by doubling the number of daily peak period trains, and significantly increasing daily trips between New Jersey and Manhattan—from about 174,000 without the project to 254,000 with the project by 2030—while reducing transfers and station crowding and improving reliability of service.
The project potentially would have generated economic activity in the region in the form of jobs and income, business activity, and increased home values, but many economic effects were hard to predict with certainty. For example, the extent to which the project would shift the location of economic activity, versus providing additional net economic activity, is uncertain.
The project was estimated to have created limited but mostly positive environmental effects—in particular, improved air quality—and included measures to mitigate negative effects such as noise and storm water runoff.

10811240-large.jpg

Mr. Christie also misstated New Jersey’s share of the costs: he said the state would pay 70 percent of the project; the report found that New Jersey was paying 14.4 percent.

Chris Christie Lied About Costs of Hudson River Tunnel Project He Cancelled | FDL News Desk

I understand that Chrispie is twice the man I am, but lying and costing a state thousands of jobs and an economic future is a "no-no".

Yes, Christie lied, cost his state millions of dollars and maybe thousands of jobs. See, Republicans aren't trying to fix the economy. Only stuff the pockets of the millionaires that fund their campaigns.

Chris Christie Tunnel: Report Disputes Governor's Basis For Scrapping Hudson River Rail Project

I don't think Christie, Snyder, Walker or the Ohio or Florida governors will win re election. That's why they are all pushing their radical agenda through as quickly as they can.

Americans need to not only take mid terms seriously but they also need to stop voting Republicans into their state governments. All they do is give your money to the rich because ALEC tells them to and pass radical anti abortion laws to keep the radical bible thumpers happy. Don't forget the radical guns laws they pass to keep the gun freaks happy.

10811240-large.jpg

That's Mr. Krispy to you RD.
Strawberry_Marquee.png

I dont think he was that serious of a VP choice anyways. Im hoping for either Rubio, Ryan, or Rice, in that order.

He is on the short list. But if you cared that Obama smoked, it has to worry you that Christie is morbidly obese.

Hispanics won't vote for Rubio just because he's hispanic. Hispanics are smarter than that. PLEASE pick Ryan. He won't even win re election in his state next time he runs. And Aunt Tom won't fool blacks. She was Bush's house slave.

MAYBE you guys should have run Colon Powell. I would even be ok with him.

Hes on the short list but I am pretty sure he wants to remain governor. Besides, hell be short of breath from running around the white house all the time, best let him be in NJ.

Forum List

Back