Did bush steal the 2000 elections.

The problem here is that the Supreme Court issue the only decision in its history, to my knowledge, that they specifically said had no value as precedent. The reason for this was that they made a determination which superceded a state's highest court on an election law issue. Big no no. S. Ct never did that before. And I can guarantee it won't ever do that again.

Is that theft? Dunno. But I can tell you that Bush v Gore is an embarrassment as a decision.

Yeah, I was not defending the 2000 election, I was simply pointing out that in 04 Bush won by a larger majority than anyone in a long time, and still people cried foul. Also I was pointing out that Clinton never got even 50% of the vote yet many liberals seem totally unaware of this, or unwilling to admit it.

The problem here is that the Supreme Court issue the only decision in its history, to my knowledge, that they specifically said had no value as precedent. The reason for this was that they made a determination which superceded a state's highest court on an election law issue. Big no no. S. Ct never did that before. And I can guarantee it won't ever do that again.

Is that theft? Dunno. But I can tell you that Bush v Gore is an embarrassment as a decision.

That's not the reason the court said that. They said it had no precedental value because Presidential elections should not be decided by the Supreme Court. There is a method for deciding Presidential elections laid out in the Constitution, it was followed the first time this situation arose, but not this time. The court does not want to be in the business of deciding elections because it diminishes their power to be so involved. They would much rather be aloof from such things.

A determination of whether the election procedures laid out by the Florida supreme court violates the 14th Amendment is not a state law question. Unless you think that having poll taxes and literacy tests are also just state election laws that the USSC should keep its nose out of. Is that really what you think Juillian?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2001-04-03-floridamain.htm#more

He lost the 2000 and the 2004 elections.
Who was elected president in 2000, Democrat Al Gore or Republican George W. Bush? For 36 hectic days after the 2000 election, most Americans were distracted by the circus in Florida. While wrangling reporters, politicians, lawyers, and judges argued about counting or not counting punch card ballots, Florida Governor Jeb Bush, George W. Bush's brother, was orchestrating the last act of the radical Republican plan to send the eldest Bush boy to Washington.

On Election Day 2000, rich white Republican voters stood in short lines and used up-to-date equipment, including electronic machines that let them correct their ballots. Things were different in black districts. Some voters were flagged down at a roadblock, where highway patrol officers checked their drivers' licenses. Others waited in long lines for an inadequate number of booths and ancient recording equipment. All too often, innocent citizens whose names appeared on the ex-felons list were informed for the first time that they could not vote when they showed up at the polling place.

After Gore was to hold a recount the Bush camp went nuts!

The Bush legal team, determined to delay or stop the recount, appealed to the U.S. District Court of Appeals, the Florida Supreme Court, and the U.S. Supreme Court. The first two courts denied the appeal. Then the U.S. Supreme Court gave them the nod. From that moment, the fix was in.

The justices had no business interfering in the election. The U.S. Constitution authorizes Congress to settle election disputes, not the Supreme Court. Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, who had close relatives working with and for Republican organizations, should have recused themselves, but they, along with the three other right-wing judges on the court, issued a complex ruling instructing the Florida courts to find a recount method that would apply "equal standards." The decision came down at 10 p.m. on December 12, 2000, two hours before the deadline to submit voting results. In short, the U.S. Supreme Court ran the clock out on American voters and handed Florida's electoral votes and the presidency to George W. Bush.

I will be posting more about the election fraud, and info about the coming election.

Educate Yourself
Editorial Digest

He lost the 2000 and the 2004 elections.
Who was elected president in 2000, Democrat Al Gore or Republican George W. Bush? For 36 hectic days after the 2000 election, most Americans were distracted by the circus in Florida. While wrangling reporters, politicians, lawyers, and judges argued about counting or not counting punch card ballots, Florida Governor Jeb Bush, George W. Bush's brother, was orchestrating the last act of the radical Republican plan to send the eldest Bush boy to Washington.

On Election Day 2000, rich white Republican voters stood in short lines and used up-to-date equipment, including electronic machines that let them correct their ballots. Things were different in black districts. Some voters were flagged down at a roadblock, where highway patrol officers checked their drivers' licenses. Others waited in long lines for an inadequate number of booths and ancient recording equipment. All too often, innocent citizens whose names appeared on the ex-felons list were informed for the first time that they could not vote when they showed up at the polling place.

After Gore was to hold a recount the Bush camp went nuts!

The Bush legal team, determined to delay or stop the recount, appealed to the U.S. District Court of Appeals, the Florida Supreme Court, and the U.S. Supreme Court. The first two courts denied the appeal. Then the U.S. Supreme Court gave them the nod. From that moment, the fix was in.

The justices had no business interfering in the election. The U.S. Constitution authorizes Congress to settle election disputes, not the Supreme Court. Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas, who had close relatives working with and for Republican organizations, should have recused themselves, but they, along with the three other right-wing judges on the court, issued a complex ruling instructing the Florida courts to find a recount method that would apply "equal standards." The decision came down at 10 p.m. on December 12, 2000, two hours before the deadline to submit voting results. In short, the U.S. Supreme Court ran the clock out on American voters and handed Florida's electoral votes and the presidency to George W. Bush.

I will be posting more about the election fraud, and info about the coming election.

Educate Yourself
Editorial Digest
I understand, you people in NYC do not get the news.

*NEWSFLASH TO NYC*
George Bush has been the President for almost 8 years!

Florida 2000. The florida supreme court says makes a ruling, I believe they said, continue recount, then the bush team, goes to supreme court of the entire u.s., and they say no re-count

this seems like a state rights vs government rights case

who wins?

florida ballots were not only deciding for florida at that point, but for the whole united states, because the winner of florida would get the presidency, still i do NOT want to give my personal opinion here, i want yours

what do you think?

I'm more concerned with this upcoming election:

WASHINGTON - The House Judiciary Committee chairman on Wednesday said the Justice Department is stonewalling efforts to make sure this year's presidential voting operates fairly.
Justice called uncooperative on voting rights - Capitol Hill - MSNBC.com

Remember, Alberto Gonzales was Bush's lap dog and his replacement, while he seems a little better, is also a loyal Bushy.

Already lining up your excuses I see.

Who was running the Florida elections in 2000? Katherine Harris

In 2000, for example, Florida officials disqualified 1,527 military votes because they lacked postmarks. President Bush won Florida -- and the presidency -- by 537 votes.

I don't need to tell you she was a loyal Bushie, do I? And its funny because she ran for office later and the GOP threw her under the bus. Hilarious.

Also, who was in charge of Ohio? Another loyal Bushie, Ken Blackwell.

You are either in denial or don't care about democracy. You probably want a military state like in Pakistan.

Forum List

Back