Guns questions - again

ErikViking

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2006
Stockholm - Sweden
Concealed means hidden from sight, right?

What is the issue about concealed weapons? If you are allowed to have a concealed weapon, does that mean you can also carry it openly - or is it the other way around?

Do places with gun control, like schools, airplanes and certain offices (like NASA) have some sort of permit from the government to prohibit guns?

Is there a limit in age for owning a gun?

Read Texas Law. I lived Texas most of my life and never needed a gun, even had a steal me rack in my truck for my 12 gauge. Never needed it this is all a scam to change the laws in the country.

Read Texas Law. I lived Texas most of my life and never needed a gun, even had a steal me rack in my truck for my 12 gauge. Never needed it this is all a scam to change the laws in the country.

Okay. I'll give it a try...
Law texts are usually not thet easily read though... thanks anyway.

Concealed means hidden from sight, right?

What is the issue about concealed weapons? If you are allowed to have a concealed weapon, does that mean you can also carry it openly - or is it the other way around?

Do places with gun control, like schools, airplanes and certain offices (like NASA) have some sort of permit from the government to prohibit guns?

Is there a limit in age for owning a gun?

Unless you have a federal mission requiring you to carry a gun, I believe federal installations are gun-free zones.

To all the other questions, it depends on the State. Some States let you carry openly without a permit and some do not. The age limit to owning a gun also varies by State.

Okay. I'll give it a try...
Law texts are usually not thet easily read though... thanks anyway.

They have signs outside of business that will say: leave your gun in your car, or don't bring your gun in this place. We never worried about that stuff growing up.
Sad to say some folks used this unstricten law for more than novile purposes.

They have signs outside of business that will say: leave your gun in your car, or don't bring your gun in this place.

90K, has anyone put up a sign like this yet?
sign01.gif

Or put this bumper sticker on their car?
gf-bumper-sml.gif

Other versions are available. But somehow I don't think they are very popular... even among those who claim they're better off without guns.

Why not? They're sure that we're better off without guns, aren't they?

Or are they?

:eusa_pray:

Part of the clever thing about CCW permits is that even though I might not be carrying one a crook might think I do. But I'm not going to wear a tee shirt that says, "I oppose CCW". I'm more likely to wear one that asks, "Do ya feel lucky punk? Well do ya?!" But I'm such a bastard I might just wear one that says, "I oppose CCW" and pull my handgun out when mugged. :D

The sign's not a good idea. The following signs are also not a good idea:

1."We'll be on vacation for two weeks from tomorrow"

2. "The new plasma tv is in the living room"

3. "The babysitter is 16 and she will be home overnight with our kids while we're out at a swinger party"

Get my drift? ;)

Wonder how much the presumption that you could be armed protected you? Less-restrictive gun laws may have worked for you without you knowing it.

Part of the clever thing about CCW permits is that even though I might not be carrying one a crook might think I do. But I'm not going to wear a tee shirt that says, "I oppose CCW". I'm more likely to wear one that asks, "Do ya feel lucky punk? Well do ya?!" But I'm such a bastard I might just wear one that says, "I oppose CCW" and pull my handgun out when mugged. :D

3. "The babysitter is 16 and she will be home overnight with our kids while we're out at a swinger party"

Get my drift? ;)

And aren't 'Gun Free Zones' just this sort of advertisment?

Get my drift? ;)

I would rather just wear regular clothes, Levi's, tee-shirt with no writing, socks etc,,, and my 9mm Ruger P95 hidden in my wasteband never to be seen or discussed unless necessary.

http://www.packing.org/

That might be of some help.

Thanks...
From going through this site for a while I can only gather that you will need a permit or licence no matter where you live. Also the decision about who is considered suitable might fall upon a local sheriff.

It makes it hard to say anything in general about my questions. But what about concealed guns? What is the "level" on that? I mean if you are allowed to carry a concealed gun - does that mean you can also carry one openly? Or is it the other way around? You can carry a gun, but you're not allowed to conceal it.

Psycologically -
Would you consider a gun that is being carried "in use"?
Mentioned?
Shown?
Aimed?
"Unsecured" (?)
Fired?
Fired for effect?

Unless you have a federal mission requiring you to carry a gun, I believe federal installations are gun-free zones.

To all the other questions, it depends on the State. Some States let you carry openly without a permit and some do not. The age limit to owning a gun also varies by State.

Okay, federal installations are like Banks and well... federal offices? Airports?

Okay, federal installations are like Banks and well... federal offices? Airports?

There's a difference between a civilian license to carry; which, is issued by the state, and a federal license to carry; which is issued by the federal government.

Federal government rules supercede state rules. The state can issue a license to carry, but it is only good in that state, and any other state with a reciprocal agreement, or willing to recognize the license.

Federal installations have their own rules, and federal installations are not considered state property. I can carry a concealed weapon anywhere in Texa, but I have to leave it at home if I go on one of the military bases.

At each level, federal, state and local, the ordinances can be different depending the differing laws.

In other words, there's no real set answer. You have to look up the individual places indivudually.

To my knowledge, you cannot carry a firearm into a courthouse, or in an airport.

There's a difference between a civilian license to carry; which, is issued by the state, and a federal license to carry; which is issued by the federal government.

Federal government rules supercede state rules. The state can issue a license to carry, but it is only good in that state, and any other state with a reciprocal agreement, or willing to recognize the license.

Federal installations have their own rules, and federal installations are not considered state property. I can carry a concealed weapon anywhere in Texa, but I have to leave it at home if I go on one of the military bases.

At each level, federal, state and local, the ordinances can be different depending the differing laws.

In other words, there's no real set answer. You have to look up the individual places indivudually.

To my knowledge, you cannot carry a firearm into a courthouse, or in an airport.

I think I understand now, thanks.

Just one thing:
The concealment? When you say you can carry a concealed weapon anywhere in Texas, does that also mean you can carry it openly?

I think I understand now, thanks.

Just one thing:
The concealment? When you say you can carry a concealed weapon anywhere in Texas, does that also mean you can carry it openly?

The concealed carry laws do not apply to open carry. You can carry a weapon openly anywhere in Texas not otherwise prohibited by local ordnances or state laws.

Forum List

Back