Did Bush/GOP spy on Democrats?

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Republicans in the Senate - including a staffer for Republican Senator Orrin Hatch - hacked into the computers of several Senate Democrats, including Ted Kennedy and Dick Durbin. Reading Kennedy's and Durbin's correspondence, the Republican operatives discovered the strategy the Democrats intended to use to attack Republican high court nominees. They leaked fifteen bits of Kennedy's discussions to The Wall Street Journal and other Republican-friendly sources, who used the information to successfully trash and thwart the Democratic plans.

When did Bush use the voter databases that Republican politicians like Jeb Bush and Ken Blackwell have compiled to compare the bank accounts, phone records, and doctor's records of people who vote as Democrats?

When did Bush use his illegal NSA wiretaps to listen in on Democratic Party political strategy sessions?

When did Bush begin snooping into the private lives of average people who committed the crime of registering as Democrats?

What information has he gathered by reading our emails? What is he doing with it? Who's on his "enemies list"?

ThomHartmann.com - Reclaiming The Issues: "Why Is Bush Spying On Democrats?!?"

His administration and party have already been busted by the BBC for targeting Democratic voters in Florida and Ohio to strip them of their right to vote; have already been convicted in Federal Court of jamming Democratic phone banks on election day; have already been outed for targeting groups like the Raging Grannies and The League of Women Voters for "terrorist" surveillance.

Who was spied on first? Probably every Democratic politician in America. (We know they got Kennedy and Durban!)

Who was spied on after that? Probably every journalist and liberal author, columnist, and progressive talk show host in America.

Who will be spied on next? Probably you.

Wow... making the same inane post from the same BS source twice... just starting a new thread with this one

The trolling of bobo the clown continues

In Thom's op ed piece, I read where it said without a doubt the GOP did spy on Democrats, but because the GOP ran both houses, nothing was done about it. Something about Dick Durbin?

Do you want to do some research and debunk this story or like all Thom's writings, he's 100% right on the money.

I'm going to continue proving you Republicans are liars/wrong and/or don't know what you are talking about. American voters have very short memories. Daddy Bush sucked and 8 years later it was close enough that his son could steal the entire election just by stealing Florida thru his brother and Katherine Harris.

I will not let you revise history. I will remind people that this economy is not everyones fault, it's the GOP's fault. And I'll remind them that this isn't the first time in American history the Robber Baron have done this. Maybe then it won't happen again.

But with people like you who like the status quo, you got to be slick, because you guys are good. Your spin is fabulous.

Anyways, did Bush spy on Democrats? That's just another thing to add to the list of his impeachable offenses. Buch of fascists.

Maybe he spied on republicans too.

Maybe it isn't spying in the conventional sense if it isn't an issue of security, or being run by the CIA.

Hartmann seems to be playing kinda loose with the words, and a little spin thrown in too, of course I believe in the importance of privacy but this source sounds a little hysterical.

The question is...does anyone care?

Who gives a shit if Republicans "spy" on Democrats? Or Dems "spy" on Republicans, for that matter?

I've come to the opinion they're all equally slimy. If it weren't for the fact that I'd be ridiculed for being a redneck, bible thumping hick and having my whole family dragged through the dirt, I'm serious, I'd run for president next time around.

Maybe he spied on republicans too.

Maybe it isn't spying in the conventional sense if it isn't an issue of security, or being run by the CIA.

Hartmann seems to be playing kinda loose with the words, and a little spin thrown in too, of course I believe in the importance of privacy but this source sounds a little hysterical.

No, this is exactly what Nixon was impeached for.

Number two, this is why you are supposed to let FISA know within 4 days of spying on someone. It's to prevent such abuse of power.

And Bush/Chaney abused their power all 8 years.

You would have to be a fool not to think they abused this power.

They ignored the one rule/law that would prevent them from getting away with it. They never turned any lists into the FISA court.

Hope you enjoy Obama and every other president when they abuse their power. Thanks GW for showing them the way. You have made this country better. :cuckoo:

And meanwhile you want to play lawyer for Bush? At last here is a defender of Bush. All the rest have distanced themselves from him. I knew I'd find you if I dangled meat.

You just seem to presenting a hysterical case. I don't think you will convince anyone with that approach.

"Bush is a criminal! It's obvious! They abused their power! I read about it!"

Why don't you just start with the accepted facts, and let people reach their own conclusions?

The question is...does anyone care?

Who gives a shit if Republicans "spy" on Democrats? Or Dems "spy" on Republicans, for that matter?

I've come to the opinion they're all equally slimy. If it weren't for the fact that I'd be ridiculed for being a redneck, bible thumping hick and having my whole family dragged through the dirt, I'm serious, I'd run for president next time around.

OMG! You one of those people that says, say, "I'm not breaking any laws so I don't care if they take my right to privacy away".

You think only criminals care about privacy.

Take a freaking political law class or something.

You just seem to presenting a hysterical case. I don't think you will convince anyone with that approach.

"Bush is a criminal! It's obvious! They abused their power! I read about it!"

Why don't you just start with the accepted facts, and let people reach their own conclusions?

Good point. Thanks.

I'm like John Adams. He was big into arguing. He thought only thru arguing can anything ever get accomplished. Heated debate.

I feel the same way. Sorry it doesn't work for everyone. Jefferson hated it. LOL.

Do you want to do some research and debunk this story or like all Thom's writings, he's 100% right on the money.

Looking at Thom Hartmann's other works, his hatred of the GOP is relatively clear.

As such, do you believe that all politically motivated writing is factual, or just the ones that criticize the GOP, or just Hartmann's?

Looking at Thom Hartmann's other works, his hatred of the GOP is relatively clear.

As such, do you believe that all politically motivated writing is factual, or just the ones that criticize the GOP, or just Hartmann's?

People choose their reading material for validation, they don't choose it to illuminate.

I heard it on the TV.. :tongue:

Wrong on all counts Bobo one GOP Staffer hacked into Democratic Senate files regarding one specific item during the 9/11 hearings. That was as far as it went and there was no long term spying. It had nothing to do with an election unlike Watrergate

Of course Bush used the agencies to spy on anyone he considered an "enemy". Just as Nixon did. That is why he did not want FISA oversight.

Republicans in the Senate - including a staffer for Republican Senator Orrin Hatch - hacked into the computers of several Senate Democrats, including Ted Kennedy and Dick Durbin. Reading Kennedy's and Durbin's correspondence, the Republican operatives discovered the strategy the Democrats intended to use to attack Republican high court nominees. They leaked fifteen bits of Kennedy's discussions to The Wall Street Journal and other Republican-friendly sources, who used the information to successfully trash and thwart the Democratic plans.

When did Bush use the voter databases that Republican politicians like Jeb Bush and Ken Blackwell have compiled to compare the bank accounts, phone records, and doctor's records of people who vote as Democrats?

When did Bush use his illegal NSA wiretaps to listen in on Democratic Party political strategy sessions?

When did Bush begin snooping into the private lives of average people who committed the crime of registering as Democrats?

What information has he gathered by reading our emails? What is he doing with it? Who's on his "enemies list"?

His administration and party have already been busted by the BBC for targeting Democratic voters in Florida and Ohio to strip them of their right to vote; have already been convicted in Federal Court of jamming Democratic phone banks on election day; have already been outed for targeting groups like the Raging Grannies and The League of Women Voters for "terrorist" surveillance.

Who was spied on first? Probably every Democratic politician in America. (We know they got Kennedy and Durban!)

Who was spied on after that? Probably every journalist and liberal author, columnist, and progressive talk show host in America.

People forget the Bush GOP spied on Democrats

People forget the Bush GOP spied on Democrats

Repeat after me:

President Elect Donald Trump.

Rinse, repeat...

Forum List

Back