Dick Cheney

Not only can a transplant center lose its status if it plays games and breaks protocol, the hospital system can lose their Medicare accreditation.

Trust me. NO hospital will risk that.

Emma, we're talking about president Cheney here. Nobody is going to lose anything treating him ahead of everyone else. The center will be well taken care of.

Not only can a transplant center lose its status if it plays games and breaks protocol, the hospital system can lose their Medicare accreditation.

Emma, we're talking about president Cheney here. Nobody is going to lose anything treating him ahead of everyone else. The center will be well taken care of.

I disagree. And the damage done to the entire system would be outrageous. They simply aren't going to risk such antics. Not only that, I don't think even Cheney has enough money to buy off so many people on so many levels.

I disagree. And the damage done to the entire system would be outrageous. They simply aren't going to risk such antics. Not only that, I don't think even Cheney has enough money to buy off so many people on so many levels.

Buy off? I would think they would only need an order or two to get a heart where it needs to be. They might not even have to give a name, just an order for a very important heart.

I'm jaded I guess.

Has it?

Oh you mean benefits that are pushed and forced on the individual by the gov't as "earned" benefits from work

Thank god the gov't has a revenue surplus with him from all the money he has had
to pay them over the years

With Cheney having five heart attacks, trust me, there was no surplus from his medical care.

Cheney has government healthcare just like millions of federal employees. It is not free, he has to pay into it. The point is that Cheney is fortunate that he has a health insurance policy that can cover a million dollar procedure for a 71 year old man. Many Americans do not.

That's another thing, if Cheney were any ordinary joe schmoe, he would have been kicked off of his insurance coverage after the second heart attack or so. Does he still have insurance?

I had a friend that recieved 2 liver transplants and was never dropped from his insurance.
He ended up dying because of the disease....but he was on the list for a new one. He would have been considered a joe schmoe.

Buy off? I would think they would only need an order or two to get a heart where it needs to be. They might not even have to give a name, just an order for a very important heart.

I'm jaded I guess.

He waited 20 months for a heart...that is longer than the average wait, I'm told

Prove it or go stand in the corner.

With Cheney having five heart attacks, trust me, there was no surplus from his medical care.

Cheney has government healthcare just like millions of federal employees. It is not free, he has to pay into it. The point is that Cheney is fortunate that he has a health insurance policy that can cover a million dollar procedure for a 71 year old man. Many Americans do not.

That's another thing, if Cheney were any ordinary joe schmoe, he would have been kicked off of his insurance coverage after the second heart attack or so. Does he still have insurance?

I had a friend that recieved 2 liver transplants and was never dropped from his insurance.
He ended up dying because the disease....but he was on the list for a new one. He would have been considered a joe schmoe.

I think livers are not as hard to find as hearts. They can have live donors because they don't need the entire liver.

He ended up dying because the disease....but he was on the list for a new one. He would have been considered a joe schmoe.

I think livers are not as hard to find as hearts. They can have live donors because they don't need the entire liver.

Both of his came from accident victims...and around $300,000 apiece out the door. Not to mention the amount of kidneys they had to snap in him...I think it was 4.

Both of his came from accident victims...and around $300,000 apiece out the door. Not to mention the amount of kidneys they had to snap in him...I think it was 4.

Good point Meister; That insurance companies drop people because they have a claim is mostly nonsense. People are not renewed because they have failed to live by their policy agreement with the insurance company. This is a myth the left uses, and it does great harm because it creates a cynicism that causes people to say: "Why bother getting insurance; they'll drop me as soon as I make a claim" and they have the perfect excuse to not insure and then they become part of the uninsured class and cynics.

Last edited:

Hep? I have a close friend on the list in Miami now. He's on dialysis 12 hours/day. He's got the in-home unit. He sets up the machine and hooks himself up every evening by 8. He's actually still working.

I'm jaded I guess.

That's just not how the system works. Nobody 'orders' an organ for transplant. It's offered to those on the list, according to some very strict protocols and criteria. For all we know, it may have been turned down by someone else.

Prove it or go stand in the corner.

I probably didn't make myself clear. Sorry.

Wow. That's a lot of operating.

Wow. That's a lot of operating.

Yeah, it was, and it was a lot of hospital time at UCLA for him. He was my fishing buddy. I'm glad I was able to see him one last time when he and his wife came up for a visit. Spent a day on Coeur d'Alene Lake fishing and talking of life and death.
But he never had a problem with his insurance.

Hep? I have a close friend on the list in Miami now. He's on dialysis 12 hours/day. He's got the in-home unit. He sets up the machine and hooks himself up every evening by 8. He's actually still working.

I have a cousin-in-law that has been on dialysis for like forever now and is experiencing continuing failing health waiting for a new liver. But so far they haven't found a good match for her or there were others ahead of her on the list. It is anybody's guess whether she will ever get a liver, but she is in a position to easily afford to 'buy' one if that was possible which we are advised is not possible.

Forum List

Back