Dick Cheney: Picking Sarah Palin Was A ‘Mistake’

I remember vividly when McCain announced his VP mate on live TV. As soon as she opened her mouth, I busted out laughing. Turned off the TV and said "we are fucked". What an incredibly moronic decision. That woman reminds me of Howdy Doody on steroids.

Wow, no bigotry here, eh?

So people with accents you are unfamiliar with are just idiots, is that it?

lol
Is it wrong to be bigoted against idiots?

Dick Cheney stated he did not think Sarah Palin had enough experience. His daughter made the point she was better prepared then Obama and Biden put together. Two people who love and respect one another with differing "opinions" BFD.

The thing that keeps stories like this non story alive, is president Obama's failures and the left's desire to talk about anything and everything else BUT Obama's failures and ineptness.

Which clearly demonstrates why no one should pay any attention to Liz Cheney. SHE has no qualifications to judge anyone's qualifications. She has never even run for anything, never mind won anything.

If not for her daddy's name, Liz Cheney would just be Stephanie, or you, on USMB.

You do not have to have held an elected office to be able to comment on it- Liz Cheney does so with intelligence... In addition her career certainly gives her a greater knowledge and depth then you wish to convey. But I digress, what fucking experience do you have to comment on anything political?
She has no political intelligence. She's just a right-wing hack.

Her "career" was given to her by daddy. She didn't start out low in the state department and work her way up. She is no different than Bill Krystol or Luke Russert: a product of pure nepotism.

And I would debate Liz Cheney any day. She wouldn't stand a chance if facts alone are the criteria.

Now, see, I think Trump is a joke AND I think the vast majority of America sees him as a joke.

And he would NEVER run. As Lawrence O'Donnell has covered ad nauseum. He could not stand the scrutiny of the press for a single day, and he damn well knows it. And he sure as hell doesn't want them taking him seriously, and start to dig into his business and personal life. For one, it would come out that he's not even a billionaire, never mind a multi-billionaire.

America might see Trump as a joke. But let's be honest. Perot was a joke and he still got 17% of the vote .

2012 is going to be an election that will be won by who you hate more, not who you like better, and joke candidates tend to do very well.

As far as the media digging into his life, what are we going to find out about this guy that we don't know already? Romney seems to be running a stealth campaign and the media isn't digging that deep into his background.

2828191948_0a1b5a6415_o.gif

August 01, 2012

McCain; CURBBING Snooki

"Sean Hannity hosted Senator John McCain tonight - mostly to attack President Obama over pending cuts to the military and layoffs in military contract firms. But while he was at it, Hannity asked McCain to comment on Dick Cheney’s recent remarks about Sarah Palin. Cheney had said that McCain made a mistake in picking Sarah Palin as a running mate because she was not “ready to take over.” McCain responded that he “appreciated” what Palin did for the party and the ticket. But he never argued that she was either qualified or even a good choice."

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Which clearly demonstrates why no one should pay any attention to Liz Cheney. SHE has no qualifications to judge anyone's qualifications. She has never even run for anything, never mind won anything.

If not for her daddy's name, Liz Cheney would just be Stephanie, or you, on USMB.

Actually, she's thinking of running for office in Wyoming, and because there is such a large teabagger contingent there, that is the reason she went and defended the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil, is because that she knows she's gonna need teabagger support if she's gonna win an office.
Actually, her dad was only elected Congressman of Wyoming. That's IT! Big fucking whoop.

He was appointed to everything else he's ever done.

As far as the voters are concerned, Obama is way more qualified than Cheney.

Cheney-Six terms as a Congessman in the US House of Representatives.

Obama-Three terms as state Senator in the state of Illinois

Cheney-Four years as Secretary of Defense.

Obama-2 years as a US Senator

Cheney-White House Chief of Staff to President Gerald Ford.

Obama-Community organizer.

Cheney-House Minority Whip. (a leadership position for the brain impaired)

Obama-part time college professor

It gets even more embarrassing for Obama iif you dig a little deeper.

Last edited:

LOL...but you do...
Bachmann
Poor Sarah
Joe Walsh
Christine The Witch
Paladino
Bonefinger Brewer
Crazy Sharron Angle
Virginia Foxx

:lmao:
FOXNEWS isn't giving me a platform to air my views. Why should Liz Cheney have one? Who the fuck is she?

Here is a brief explanation of who Liz Cheney is.

Elizabeth Cheney, the daughter of Dick Cheney, is an outspoken and controversial proponent of hardline U.S. foreign and domestic policies on the “war on terror.” During the George W. Bush presidency, Cheney worked in the State Department overseeing Middle East policy. After the election of Barack Obama, she became a standard-bearer for the militarist agenda pursued by her father during the Bush years, founding a right-wing lobbying group called Keep America Safe and serving as a go-to pundit on conservative media outlets like Fox News.

Elizabeth Cheney - Profile - Right Web - Institute for Policy Studies

Actually, she's thinking of running for office in Wyoming, and because there is such a large teabagger contingent there, that is the reason she went and defended the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil, is because that she knows she's gonna need teabagger support if she's gonna win an office.

ahhhh the intelligence of liberalism on display... </sarcasm>

Might wanna check a bit deeper, because she is looking to run for office.

Actually, her dad was only elected Congressman of Wyoming. That's IT! Big fucking whoop.

It gets even more embarrassing for Obama iif you dig a little deeper.

You left out Obama four years President and Cheney eight years as President

A Congressional district in Wyoming!!! And it was from 1979-1989.

What a powerhouse! :lol:

Population: 781,037 (2006)

APPOINTED!

Population: 12,869,257 (2011)

APPOINTED!

APPOINTED!

You're a liar. He was editor of the Harvard Law Review.

Cheney got elected from one of the least populated states, then sucked at the government tit for the rest of his career, getting rich through his personal corruption.

LOL...but you do...
Bachmann
Poor Sarah
Joe Walsh
Christine The Witch
Paladino
Bonefinger Brewer
Crazy Sharron Angle
Virginia Foxx

:lmao:
FOXNEWS isn't giving me a platform to air my views. Why should Liz Cheney have one? Who the fuck is she?

Here is a brief explanation of who Liz Cheney is.

Elizabeth Cheney, the daughter of Dick Cheney, is an outspoken and controversial proponent of hardline U.S. foreign and domestic policies on the “war on terror.” During the George W. Bush presidency, Cheney worked in the State Department overseeing Middle East policy. After the election of Barack Obama, she became a standard-bearer for the militarist agenda pursued by her father during the Bush years, founding a right-wing lobbying group called Keep America Safe and serving as a go-to pundit on conservative media outlets like Fox News.

Elizabeth Cheney - Profile - Right Web - Institute for Policy Studies
I know who she is - the product of nepotism, without a credit of her own.

Cheney was asked by Jr's administration to do a study to find the best candidate for Jr's VP.

Interestingly enough, he selected himself.

admit it Cheney...picking John McPain was the real pain-in-the-ass 'mistake'....:mad:

He was probably the best the GOP had available, compared to the alternatives.

This year, we took the guy who wasn't any damned good four years ago and said, "Yeah. Creepy Undertaker look with a weird religion. Let's go with that!"

Speaking of looks, I could mention Barack 'Curious George' Obama, but that would be getting down in the gutter with the likes of you.

By Zach Carter

Former Vice President Dick Cheney criticized Sen. John McCain's 2008 decision to choose Sarah Palin as his running mate, saying Palin was not prepared to take over the presidency.

"That one I don't think was well handled," Cheney said. "The test to get on that small list has to be, ‘Is this person capable of being president of the United States?’"

Cheney's comments came in an interview with ABC, a segment of which aired Sunday morning. The full interview will run Sunday evening.

Cheney said that while considerations like a person's background, gender or ethnicity are "important," they should never "override" the question of whether a vice president would be capable of running the country.

More: Dick Cheney: Sarah Palin Pick 'A Mistake' (VIDEO)

Dick Cheney: Picking Sarah Palin for VP Was ‘A Mistake’ - ABC News

I disagree. Look at our current VP. The fact that McCain was so utterly awful lost the '08 election as evidenced by the fact that we're now speculating that a different VP pick could have made all the difference.

APPOINTED!

APPOINTED!

APPOINTED!

Cheney got elected from one of the least populated states, then sucked at the government tit for the rest of his career, getting rich through his personal corruption.

I do not lie cockbreath, but I was mistaken. Obama never even made it as far as part time college professor.

The University of Chicago Law School put up a statement detailing Obama's relationship with the law school: He was a "lecturer" and a "senior lecturer" and never held the title "Professor of Law."

And apparently Obama was never considered competent enough to be appointed to any responsible position.

Last edited:

APPOINTED!

APPOINTED!

APPOINTED!

I do not lie cockbreath, but I was mistaken. Obama never even made it as far as part time college professor.

The University of Chicago Law School put up a statement detailing Obama's relationship with the law school: He was a "lecturer" and a "senior lecturer" and never held the title "Professor of Law."
And apparently Obama was never considered competent enough to be appointed to any responsible position.

So, lawyers who never try cases in court aren't really lawyers?

Dumbass. :lol:

Sarah Palin&#8217;s Comeback to Dick Cheney Marred by Sarah Palin&#8217;s Inability to Form a Coherent Sentence

Sarah Palin's response to Dick Cheney on Fox News last night &#8212; the 71-year-old former vice-president told ABC News recently that picking the inexperienced Palin to be John McCain's running mate was a "mistake" &#8212; had a lot of potential. Had Palin found a way to mock Cheney for shooting someone in the face without getting sidetracked by her obsession with media bias and delayed by her trademark verbosity, it really could have been a sharp riposte. Instead, what came out of her mouth was this:

"Well, seeing as how Dick &#8212; excuse me, Vice President, uh, Cheney &#8212; never misfires, then evidently he's quite convinced that what he had, uh, evidently read about me by the lamestream media, having been written, uh, what I believe is a false narrative over the last four years, evidently Dick Cheney believed that stuff and that's a shame, so he characterized me as being a mistake."

You sure showed him, Sarah.

Forum List

Back