Dick Cheney: Picking Sarah Palin Was A ‘Mistake’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Zach Carter

Former Vice President Dick Cheney criticized Sen. John McCain's 2008 decision to choose Sarah Palin as his running mate, saying Palin was not prepared to take over the presidency.

"That one I don't think was well handled," Cheney said. "The test to get on that small list has to be, ‘Is this person capable of being president of the United States?’"

Cheney's comments came in an interview with ABC, a segment of which aired Sunday morning. The full interview will run Sunday evening.

Cheney said that while considerations like a person's background, gender or ethnicity are "important," they should never "override" the question of whether a vice president would be capable of running the country.

More: Dick Cheney: Sarah Palin Pick 'A Mistake' (VIDEO)

Dick Cheney: Picking Sarah Palin for VP Was ‘A Mistake’ - ABC News

Cheney was not a good choice either, of course he picked himself so it's not like we can blame that one on GWB.

Don't care what he says, picking Sen. John McCain was the mistake that made Obama President.

By Zach Carter

Former Vice President Dick Cheney criticized Sen. John McCain's 2008 decision to choose Sarah Palin as his running mate, saying Palin was not prepared to take over the presidency.

"That one I don't think was well handled," Cheney said. "The test to get on that small list has to be, ‘Is this person capable of being president of the United States?’"

Cheney's comments came in an interview with ABC, a segment of which aired Sunday morning. The full interview will run Sunday evening.

Cheney said that while considerations like a person's background, gender or ethnicity are "important," they should never "override" the question of whether a vice president would be capable of running the country.

More: Dick Cheney: Sarah Palin Pick 'A Mistake' (VIDEO)

Dick Cheney: Picking Sarah Palin for VP Was ‘A Mistake’ - ABC News

Isn't Dick Cheney just another lying republican war monger? How can we believe him?

game-change.jpg

I was almost grown up before I realized that people using the term Dick Cheney weren't trying to insult Cheney. He's a dick. And, he's in the news against because he's a dick.

McCain couldn't win, regardless of VP. At least picking Palin added some excitement to the race and set her up as a national activist for semi-conservative causes. McCain picked her as a Hail Mary, and ironically she was his best choice.

Why would the left still hate Palin so much considering she was a failed candidate? Two words. Tea Party. The left's hatred for the Tea Party is fascinating to watch in it's various forms.

Why would the left still hate Palin so much considering she was a failed candidate? Two words. Tea Party. The left's hatred for the Tea Party is fascinating to watch in it's various forms.

If the right had any shame they would see just how crappy she was.

Forum List

Back