DHS Opens Door to New Immigrants from Haiti, Extends Special Protections For Honduran, Nicaraguan Im

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
DHS Opens Door to New Immigrants from Haiti, Extends Special Protections For Honduran, Nicaraguan Immigrants
The Department of Homeland Security announced Friday that it will be extending Temporary Protected Status to nationals from Honduras and Nicaragua for an additional 18 months and instituting a new program to bring thousands of Haitian immigrants to U.S.

Additionally, DHS announced a new program to allow thousands, the Miami Herald reported, of Haitians to legally come to the United States.

According to DHS, the Haitian Family Reunification Parole (HFRP) Program will expedite the “family reunification” of U.S.
citizens and lawful permanent residents who have family members in Haiti by allowing such immigrants whose family-based visa petitions have already been approved come to the U.S. two years early.
DHS Opens Door to New Immigrants from Haiti Extends Special Protections For Honduran Nicaraguan Immigrants

Just what we don't need! More savages and idiots.

Sounds like gonna be gridlock over immigration...

Boehner Wants Immigration Reform: ‘It Is Just Time to Deal With It’
November 6, 2014 -- House Speaker John Boehner said at a press conference today that “it is just time to deal with” the issue of immigration reform, indicating he hopes to enact an immigration law in the coming year.
Meanwhile, Boehner's spokesman, Michael Steel, did not respond this afternoon to an emailed question from CNSNews.com asking him whether the speaker would rule out enacting a law that granted legal status or a pathway to citizenship to illegal aliens. Boehner also warned President Obama not to take unilateral action on immigration, saying that if he did so it would prevent Congress from actually passing legislation for the same purpose. “I want to talk to our members about how to move forward, but I’ve made my position very clear,” Boehner said. “It is time for the Congress of the United States to deal with a very difficult issue in our society. This immigration issue has become a political football over the last ten years or more. It is just time to deal with it.”

When a reporter asked Boehner whether a Republican presidential nominee could “afford to run if you have not acted on this issue,” Boehner said: “This is not about politics. This is about doing the right thing for the country.” “Listen, you've all heard me say starting two years ago yesterday that our immigration system is broken and needs to be fixed,” Boehner said. “But I've made clear to the president that if he acts unilaterally on his own, outside of his authority, he will poison the well and there will be no chance for immigration reform moving in this Congress. It’s as simple as that.”

A reporter asked Boehner if Obama taking unilateral action on immigration would be a “catalyst for you to actually get something done.” “No, because I believe if the president continues to act on his own he is going to poison the well,” said Boehner. “When you play with matches, you take the risk of burning yourself. And he is going to burn himself if he continues to go down this path. The American people made it clear on Election Day, they want to get things done, and they don’t want the president acting on a unilateral basis.”

At a press conference on Wednesday, President Obama had said that before the end of the year he intends to take unilateral executive action that will change the status of some illegal aliens in the United States. Obama also said he believed that Boehner sincerely wanted to pass the immigration bill in the House that was passed by the Senate in the last Congress. That bill allowed illegal aliens to gain legal status in the United States and get on a so-called “path to citizenship.” “So we got a bipartisan bill out of the Senate. I asked John Boehner at that point, can we pass this through the House? There’s a majority of votes in the House to get this passed,” said Obama. “And Speaker Boehner I think was sincere about wanting to pass it, but had difficulty over the last year trying to get it done. “So when he finally told me he wasn't going to call it up this year, what I indicated to him is I feel obliged to do everything I can lawfully with my executive authority to make sure that we don't keep on making the system worse, but that whatever executive actions that I take will be replaced and supplanted by action by Congress,” said Obama. “You send me a bill that I can sign, and those executive actions go away."

MORE

See also:

Cruz, Lee Threaten 'Procedural' War on Senate Floor to Stop 'Lawless Amnesty'
November 5, 2014 -- Republican Senators Ted Cruz of Texas, Mike Lee of Utah, Jeff Sessions of Alabama, Pat Roberts of Kansas, Mike Crapo of Idaho, and David Vitter of Louisiana sent a letter to lame-duck Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada today saying that if President Obama takes unilateral action to grant amnesty to illegal aliens it "will create a constitutional crisis."
The senators told Reid that they would assist him in enacting a measure to stop Obama from unilaterally granting an amnesty, but that if Reid lets Obama go forward with such an amnesty they "would use all procedural means necessary" to make the Senate focus on the constitutional crisis they say that this "lawless amnesty" would create. On Dec. 11, the continuing resolution now funding the government will expire. Before that date, both Houses of Congress will need to approve a new continuing resolution to fund the government beyond that date.

If the CR does not permit the Executive Branch to spend money on some action, the Executive Branch cannot take that action. "We write to express our alarm with President Obama's announced intention to take unilateral executive action by the end of this year to lawlessly grant amnesty to immigrants who have entered the country illegally," the senators wrote Reid. "The Supreme Court has recognized that 'over no conceivable subject is the power of Congress more complete' than its power over immigration," the senators said. "Therefore, President Obama will be exercising powers properly belonging to Congress if he makes good his threat.

"This will create a constitutional crisis that demands action by Congress to restore the separation of powers," the senators told Reid. "As majority leader of the Senate, you have the responsibility of not only representing the citizens of your state, but also of protecting the Constitution through vigilant exercise of the checks and balances provided under the Constitution," wrote Cruz, Lee, Sessions, Roberts, Crapo and Vitter.

"Therefore, we write to offer our full assistance in ensuring expeditious Senate debate and passage for a measure that preserves the power of Congress by blocking any action the president may take to violate the Constitution and unilaterally grant amnesty," the senators said. "[H]owever," they continued, "should you decline to defend the Senate and the Constitution from executive overreach, the undersigned senators will use all procedural means necessary to return the Senate's focus during the lame duck session to resolving the constitutional crisis created by President Obama's lawless amnesty."

Cruz Lee Threaten Procedural War on Senate Floor to Stop Lawless Amnesty CNS News

NO...

To those lying SOB's "reform"= amnesty.
No. Hell no.
Close and enforce the border.
Deport all illegals.

Forum List

Back