Detroit At Seattle

The Seahawks are favored by 9.5. It is unlikely any of the highly humorous and ingenious examples of excuses will need be drawn upon.

I would enjoy seeing Wilson "throw the ball out of bounds" and hit Tate in his punkin head.

Just sayin..

I wouldn't be surprised if the score was within the 9.5 point spread. Seattle, like the Chicago game and in fact games the past two years, have a tendency to play to the level team they play.

I don't blame Tate, I blame the short sighted Seattle management for keeping a trouble maker in place of him. If Golden Tate was still catching clutch third down passes for Seattle you would be singing a different tune.

wksw things are starting to shape up well for the seahawks now.with the cardinals losing today to the stank louis Lambs that mere 3 point loss the seahawks had against the Lambs in stank louis for their home away from home game there does not look so pitiful now for them now.lol

while watching the chargers today I look over at the other screens and got to see a little bit of the rams/cards game and the cardinals they looked like they did not bother to show up today when one of their receivers caught the ball and carelessly fumbled it later on giving the Rams a tocuhdown which was critical in the cards losing the game. they seemed like they were not trying at all to win this game.

the fact they played so horrible today for a HOME game against the Lambs,I am no at all impressed with them one bit at all now. to play that horrible against the Lambs for a home game no less,that bodes well for the seahawks down the road and I now dont think the cards will sweep them now.

assuming the seahawks play the way they are capable of and win against the Lions as is expected of them tomorrow,things are starting to look up for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the score was within the 9.5 point spread. Seattle, like the Chicago game and in fact games the past two years, have a tendency to play to the level team they play.

I don't blame Tate, I blame the short sighted Seattle management for keeping a trouble maker in place of him. If Golden Tate was still catching clutch third down passes for Seattle you would be singing a different tune.

I rarely "sing other tunes" and certainly NOT without an explanation or choosing from many of the humorous and clever excuses provided me by some of you posters. I don't miss Tate. We have plenty of receivers. They all have some talent. All of our RBs can catch the ball and run with it when they get it.

I have never been in Tate's camp per se. His so-called catch that was ruled a TD back a few years ago has been bulletin board material for the Packers and their fans. I didn't go on and on like some that the "miracle catch" was or was not a completion.. There was CERTAINLY offensive pass interference preceding it.

I never complained that the Hawks let Tate go. None of the Seahawks receivers had outstanding talent at the time of his departure. Although he led the Hawks in catches and yards to me it was more a matter of Wilson choosing him just a bit more often than the others.

Agreed that the Harvin affair was an unfortunate episode for the Seahawks. I don't blame Schneider and Carroll for trying to add more talent to surround Wilson. Harvin also had good stats as a kick returner which at the time seemed a plus. The fact that Harvin seemed to have a difficult time getting along on past teams was downplayed for sure. I think Carroll believes he just gets better results out of nar do wells than other coaches and maybe trusts in that ability in spite of the evidence suggesting that he may be going out on a limb.

There USED to be a time when Seahawk receivers had the "dropsies". Hasselbeck's receiving corps were notorious for their number of dropped catches. This current group of receivers is VERY dependable. It is RARE that they miss catching and hanging onto a good pass. The exception to that rule would be the NFC Championship game with Green Bay last season. 2 and probably 3 of Wilson's 4 interceptions in the first half of that game were caused by the receivers.

When I watch the other team's WRs and TE's this season I'm ecstatic about our receivers compared with the other teams. That dude #89 McDonald TE for the 9ers should be taken out back behind the stadium by Kaepernick and beaten to shit. The POS almost single handedly lost the game today with Green Bay. Thankfully we don't have talent THAT bad on the Hawks roster.

I believe Wilson says nothing about Tate and his wife because it just feeds fodder to the media. Same reason he doesn't strike back for Rogers being the douche he is saying what he did to mock Wilsons beliefs after the loss in week 2. Nothing was said about harvin either. He got the boot because he started multiple fist fights and took a swing at Wilson one day that clinched his departure. I believe before sb48 he got into it with Baldwin and Tate. One of them had a black eye for media day if I recall correctly. The other thing harvin was doing was getting basically a gang war started in the locker room and had lynch all stirred up. These are all rumors and leaked info from somewhere but if I recall correctly it was reported by jay glazier. I tend to believe those reports from the evidence and outcome of his departure. Who knows maybe Wilson let fly and clobbered Tate.

At any rate, if she was screwing around with Tate she was really dumb. I don't care how golden his rod is. That team was always together and still has that family dynamic, for either of them to think they could do that and no one find out was crazy

Thomas Rawls may be the difference in tonight's match up.

He ran for 104 yards backing up Lynch in the last game.

My only concern about Rawls is that he tends to lose balance easily and leaves too many extra yards out on the field. If he could have stayed upright against the Bears he could have easily run for 150 with only roughly 3/4 of the team's carries.

Wilson also leaves a lot of yards on the field. He runs out of bounds often usually making first downs but with an extra juke he could get many more yards before he slides down. I understand Russell is primarily trying NOT to get hit but with Lynch on the sidelines his running is just that much more important.

The Seahawks are favored by 9.5. It is unlikely any of the highly humorous and ingenious examples of excuses will need be drawn upon.

I would enjoy seeing Wilson "throw the ball out of bounds" and hit Tate in his punkin head.

Just sayin..
Somethings not right with Seattle's offense. Maybe they are missing a golden Tate. Might be why you don't have two Superbowl and won't win this year. You only have 1 win so far.

What's wrong with lions running back? I thought abdullah was gonna be good.

Stafford sucks. I hope we lose every game again

Detroit only team without a win in all the NFL.

Thomas Rawls may be the difference in tonight's match up.

He ran for 104 yards backing up Lynch in the last game.

My only concern about Rawls is that he tends to lose balance easily and leaves too many extra yards out on the field. If he could have stayed upright against the Bears he could have easily run for 150 with only roughly 3/4 of the team's carries.

Wilson also leaves a lot of yards on the field. He runs out of bounds often usually making first downs but with an extra juke he could get many more yards before he slides down. I understand Russell is primarily trying NOT to get hit but with Lynch on the sidelines his running is just that much more important.
Then you don't want him getting banged up if he's all you got.

Wilson can be the greatest and the worst QB in the same game.

I think he may have a multiple personality mental condition.
Yea, when his o line doesn't give him time he becomes a talented scrambling qb. Wish Stafford had that personality

this was the first game of the hawks i had watched entirely in full and they are in serious trouble this year.

they had troubles last year on the offensive line at times as well but thats because their starters were injured at that time.the last couple weeks they have been horrible playing like its the preseason but this time they are struggling with their STARTERS.

last week they played horrible against the worst defense in the league scoring two mere field goals in the first half and last night,wilson was running for his life because the protection was so bad.

this year is down the drain for them,they need to start looking ahead to next year looking for new offensive lineman to replace carpenter and unger.

this offensive line looks nothing like the unit from the last three years.

I am really only concerned about two things while this maturation of the O-Line takes place.

First, the members of the O-Line and the receivers that have a better view of when the defense is running stunts HAVE to start communicating with Russell that the barn door has been left open and the big hosses will be coming his way. This is important so our QB knows where the pressure is coming from so if Wilson is going to be sacked and blind sided he knows when to give up on the play and just protect the ball.

Secondly Wilson needs to take better care of the ball. Oh ya.. I believe I mentioned that already. My other, other concern is that Russell could get injured during one of these sacks. The thought that Wilson could sustain an injury running with the ball seems less likely these days than one of these 3-400 pounders rolling up on Russell's legs causing a twist or strain during a sack where three or 4 D-Linemen pile up on him.

I believe the benefits of allowing the O-Line to jelly-if-I will eventually pay off. It will be fore nothing if Wilson is sporting crutches on the sidelines.

Wilson can be the greatest and the worst QB in the same game.

I think he may have a multiple personality mental condition.
Yea, when his o line doesn't give him time he becomes a talented scrambling qb. Wish Stafford had that personality

indeed.reminds me of the days when Elway had no running game and they had to pass all the time and he was always running for his life as well.wilson was the entire offense last night.wilson wont be able to handle the punishment that Elways was able to sustain being such a small quarterback.thats what Gruden was saying last night that he cant keep taking the hits all year long he has taken in the first four games.

the fact they are down to their third string running back,it wont get any easier for him when they have to start playing GOOD teams.chicago and detroit are not very good tests for them.

I am really only concerned about two things while this maturation of the O-Line takes place.

First, the members of the O-Line and the receivers that have a better view of when the defense is running stunts HAVE to start communicating with Russell that the barn door has been left open and the big hosses will be coming his way. This is important so our QB knows where the pressure is coming from so if Wilson is going to be sacked and blind sided he knows when to give up on the play and just protect the ball.

Secondly Wilson needs to take better care of the ball. Oh ya.. I believe I mentioned that already. My other, other concern is that Russell could get injured during one of these sacks. The thought that Wilson could sustain an injury running with the ball seems less likely these days than one of these 3-400 pounders rolling up on Russell's legs causing a twist or strain during a sack where three or 4 D-Linemen pile up on him.

I believe the benefits of allowing the O-Line to jelly-if-I will eventually pay off. It will be fore nothing if Wilson is sporting crutches on the sidelines.

Yeah, blown call and Seattle lucks out. That is the NFL.

Last night I was flown back in time to when Dave Kreig had no o line and ran for his life hoping largest or skansi could bail him out. So many plays last night I saw the o line standing there having had no blocking contact with anyone. I feel bad that Wilson lost the ball twice but I do not blame him. He did the best he could carrying his line on his shoulders. When he lost the ball there was NO ONE near him from his team. No one there to try to recover and no one even around to pull them off of him. It was disgraceful. If Carroll is right and it will take another 5 weeks to see the o line come together then chalk up this year as toast. Everyone else is firing on on cylinders. The o line would have been the reason the game was lost had bam bam not saved the day. And yo those going to bitch about the no call...bit me! None of the announcers, coaches, or refs ever heard of the rule til some old dude who is retired came on the s end after the end of the game to say anything. Why everyone took his word as gospel is beyond me.

Last night I was flown back in time to when Dave Kreig had no o line and ran for his life hoping largest or skansi could bail him out. So many plays last night I saw the o line standing there having had no blocking contact with anyone. I feel bad that Wilson lost the ball twice but I do not blame him. He did the best he could carrying his line on his shoulders. When he lost the ball there was NO ONE near him from his team. No one there to try to recover and no one even around to pull them off of him. It was disgraceful. If Carroll is right and it will take another 5 weeks to see the o line come together then chalk up this year as toast. Everyone else is firing on on cylinders. The o line would have been the reason the game was lost had bam bam not saved the day. And yo those going to bitch about the no call...bit me! None of the announcers, coaches, or refs ever heard of the rule til some old dude who is retired came on the s end after the end of the game to say anything. Why everyone took his word as gospel is beyond me.

Like I said before, you win and lose games and all the crying about the Seahawks not getting the calls and all that BS is now mute. It cuts both ways and always will.

On a side note Uncle Chucky is a great announcer.

Why did they take his word as gospel? Because he knows the rules and it is in the rule book.

Ya...RIGHT. The Hawks get one lucky call and the books are cleared? I don't think so GooPopper.

That excuse is right there on the shelf ready and waiting.

Heading back into hillbilly country we can expect the Red Head will get MORE than his FAIR share of referee preference on Sunday.

Forum List

Back