Detroit At Seattle

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Bradford throws a mean interception.

The Lions were in yesterday's game right up til the fourth qtr.

Seattle beat the Bears 26-0

This, the second "tune up" home game of the 2015 season after two close losses at St Louis and Green Bay should allow the Hawks enough time for the new O-Line to gel.

Detroit could only muster 12 points at home against the Broncos. Denver DOES have a very strong D-Line. BUT Bradford was exposed as having no skills at handling a good rush and THAT is exactly what Seattle brings to this match up.

Detroit will have no answer for James Graham. Come to think of it Detroit will have difficulty containing any of Seattle's pedestrian receivers.

I think that Lynch should just take this game off. There will be no need to threaten his health against the Lions.

Rawls could use some more stats and the O-Line needs to get used to blocking for him anyway.

Seattle should work on starting earlier getting the Offense in mesh. They still are having problems blocking DEs and FINISHING those blocks giving Wilson gaps to escape when he cannot find open receivers on his initial check downs.

It is obvious that when Russell gets his legs involved the Offense is very hard to stop. Waiting for the second half to get Wilson more involved won't always be enough to beat the best opponents.

Fortunately it won't matter how well or poorly Seattle plays in the first half against the Lions. WHENEVER Wilson decides to get more involved will be in plenty of time to beat Detroit.

Jesus, you could have waited until we cleared the Mon. nite game.........but, nooooo! Your team have a losing record or sumthin'?...........:laugh:.

What difference does it make when I start a Seahawk thread? You already know it's gonna happen. Why make you wait for it? :lol:

The Hawks will be 2-2 after next Monday night ..THEN all this talk of a losing record will vanish. Enjoy it while you can.

Bradford throws a mean interception.

The Lions were in yesterday's game right up til the fourth qtr.

Seattle beat the Bears 26-0

This, the second "tune up" home game of the 2015 season after two close losses at St Louis and Green Bay should allow the Hawks enough time for the new O-Line to gel.

Detroit could only muster 12 points at home against the Broncos. Denver DOES have a very strong D-Line. BUT Bradford was exposed as having no skills at handling a good rush and THAT is exactly what Seattle brings to this match up.

Detroit will have no answer for James Graham. Come to think of it Detroit will have difficulty containing any of Seattle's pedestrian receivers.

I think that Lynch should just take this game off. There will be no need to threaten his health against the Lions.

Rawls could use some more stats and the O-Line needs to get used to blocking for him anyway.

Seattle should work on starting earlier getting the Offense in mesh. They still are having problems blocking DEs and FINISHING those blocks giving Wilson gaps to escape when he cannot find open receivers on his initial check downs.

It is obvious that when Russell gets his legs involved the Offense is very hard to stop. Waiting for the second half to get Wilson more involved won't always be enough to beat the best opponents.

Fortunately it won't matter how well or poorly Seattle plays in the first half against the Lions. WHENEVER Wilson decides to get more involved will be in plenty of time to beat Detroit.
I'm from Detroit and can't disagree. The lions will start the season 1-5 by week 7.

I bet a guy lions won't go 500 this season. That was after game 2. Better luck next year with some good draft picks.

Jesus, you could have waited until we cleared the Mon. nite game.........but, nooooo! Your team have a losing record or sumthin'?...........:laugh:.

What difference does it make when I start a Seahawk thread? You already know it's gonna happen. Why make you wait for it? :lol:

The Hawks will be 2-2 after next Monday night ..THEN all this talk of a losing record will vanish. Enjoy it while you can.
Who's winning their division?

Right now it appears the Cardinals have taken the lead out of the gate. They are 3-0. The Hawks match up well against them so I predict a sweep as we don't meet Arizona till the latter part of the season and by then the O-Line should be a much better unit. I really don't see Seattle losing another game in division. The train wreck that is the 49ers will be no problem. The Rams here at the CLink should be doable. Our next opponent after the Lions will be Cincy there. That COULD be a tough game but we will burn that bridge after we cross it.

As weak as Chicago and the Lions are it will work in the Hawks favor to continue developing answers for the few problems left for the Seahawks to work on. Really the only thing that has been holding back the Hawks has been the new O-Line and the amount of time Wilson has had and the open lanes he depends on to scamper when he want to extend plays. That and dumb ass penalties mostly giving Rodgers a few free plays that were the difference in Green Bay.

Neither the Rams nor the Packers blew Seattle out. The Hawks could have done just a few things better and won both of those matchups. Simple stuff like Bennett not crossing the LOS ahead of the snap would have left the Packers wanting and similar screw ups in St Louis that all can and will be addressed this last game and the one coming up against the Lions.

This new rookie Rawls has come along better than expected with 104 yds and a 5.5 average yards per attempt. With Lynch showing the wear and tear of age he has been a welcome substitute.

Graham finally got his shit together with 87 yards on 7 catches and a TD against the Bears.

Wilson ran for just over 40 yds on schedule as last season when he ran for over 800.

The best news of all is that except for Lynch's hammy strain the Hawks are all healthy..maybe Mebain has some minor owwie.

Chancellor according to Carroll just stepped right back in like he needed no practice. I'm not sure if THAT is an accurate report but it is good to have that hold out nonsense behind us.

The problem for the Seabirds is that unlike Da Bears, the Lowly Lions actually have a Defense. Seattle only scored 6 points in the first half and only 26 in total against Chicago- the worst defense in the league.That is not impressive.

Detroit has quite a few offensive weapons- I expect Detroit to give these birds a run for their money.

Right now it appears the Cardinals have taken the lead out of the gate. They are 3-0. The Hawks match up well against them so I predict a sweep as we don't meet Arizona till the latter part of the season and by then the O-Line should be a much better unit. I really don't see Seattle losing another game in division. The train wreck that is the 49ers will be no problem. The Rams here at the CLink should be doable. Our next opponent after the Lions will be Cincy there. That COULD be a tough game but we will burn that bridge after we cross it.

As weak as Chicago and the Lions are it will work in the Hawks favor to continue developing answers for the few problems left for the Seahawks to work on. Really the only thing that has been holding back the Hawks has been the new O-Line and the amount of time Wilson has had and the open lanes he depends on to scamper when he want to extend plays. That and dumb ass penalties mostly giving Rodgers a few free plays that were the difference in Green Bay.

Neither the Rams nor the Packers blew Seattle out. The Hawks could have done just a few things better and won both of those matchups. Simple stuff like Bennett not crossing the LOS ahead of the snap would have left the Packers wanting and similar screw ups in St Louis that all can and will be addressed this last game and the one coming up against the Lions.

This new rookie Rawls has come along better than expected with 104 yds and a 5.5 average yards per attempt. With Lynch showing the wear and tear of age he has been a welcome substitute.

Graham finally got his shit together with 87 yards on 7 catches and a TD against the Bears.

Wilson ran for just over 40 yds on schedule as last season when he ran for over 800.

The best news of all is that except for Lynch's hammy strain the Hawks are all healthy..maybe Mebain has some minor owwie.

Chancellor according to Carroll just stepped right back in like he needed no practice. I'm not sure if THAT is an accurate report but it is good to have that hold out nonsense behind us.
Right now it doesn't seem like they will win the Superbowl but you never know.

The problem for the Seabirds is that unlike Da Bears, the Lowly Lions actually have a Defense. Seattle only scored 6 points in the first half and only 26 in total against Chicago- the worst defense in the league.That is not impressive.

Detroit has quite a few offensive weapons- I expect Detroit to give these birds a run for their money.

I dont know about the Lions having a good defense.They blew a huge lead against my Chargers in week one and my Chargers are not that good of a team on EITHER side of the ball. The Lions are not a very good outdoor team especially on the road which is the only reason they lost to my chargers and why they will probably lose this game as well.

The hawks are lucky this is a home game otherwise i doubt they would win.Detroit plays much better at home as Sealy can attest to.

I think you are in for a very rude awakening when your Hawks play the Cardinals with them sweeping your team.

wish that wasnt the case since i cannot stand that team but The Cards look primed this year ready to take it all with a 3-0 record and not just beating the niners last week but blowing them out not that the niners are any good of course but they have been winning ALL their games in convincing manner.

Had they not had so many key critical injurys last year and having to play the last five games of the year with a backup and third string quarterback I think my mid season prediction last year "when i lost faith in your seahawks at that point" of the Cards and Packers facing each other in the NFC title game would have for sure become a reality.

The Cardinals were 10-1 last year when Palmer was healthy. Hard to win and overtake the seahawks when you are down to playing with a third string quarterback along with many other key injurys as well.

The Cardinals have an excellent coach.He has the motto NEXT MAN UP convincing his players when a player goes down with an injury,the next man up needs to come in and do just as good a job and not miss a beat.

The players have all bought into it. that motto of Ariens works amongst the players as long as they dont have to play the last 1/4 of the season being down to a third string quarterback,hard to win many games with a third stringer.

But even if Palmer goes down this year unlike last year I dont see it being that big a deal for them THIS year because their backup has one year under his belt now and looked pretty impressive in the preseason.I got to watch him play against my chargers and the Raiders as well and he looked really good.He looks to be a good future QB for the cards.

I now dont know what to make of the packers though.They almost blew a 31 to 7 lead against the chiefs on monday night and the chiefs are not that good of a team. How they can give up so many points to a crappy team like that is unreal especially at home. so the seahawks just might be the team the cards face after all if the pack doesnt get their act together soon.

Injuries play a heavy hand as to any team's future fortunes. That and the improvements that may or may not happen as young players develop or not as the season progresses.

Seattle still has the "core" players that got them into the big show plus a few very talented new additions. This new kid Tyler Lockett is every bit the game breaker that Percy Harvin was supposed to be in the kick return position. Obviously Jimmy Graham is an upgrade at Tight End. Now that Kam Chancellor is back in the fold the Legion of Boom is intact again.

All that really has held the Hawks back has been the new O-Line which had to learn to work together better. Admittedly the run and pass blocking has been ragged at times in the first halves of the first three games. There HAS been improvement in that area as the communication and responsibilities needed learned have been getting better each week.

When I study the progress of some other teams as I did last night watching Detroit play Minnesota it is clear that Seattle has a whole lot more to work with than teams that have so called ":veteran O-Lines" with far less natural individual abilities. Watching Detroit's QB was painful. What they need to improve upon they cannot and that is Stafford's decision making and throwing accuracy. He is what he was. Their O-Line has already plateaued. If it were not for Golden Tate the Lions would be a real disaster. He pulls Stafford's ass out of the fire on many occasions a game.

Although Wilson has had his "moments" of forcing the ball in the past he has taken MUCH better care of the rock this season. This is clear evidence that Russell is still learning whereas Stafford has reached his limits and is what he is and will be.

What has held the Seahawks from being undefeated so far this season is TRULY fixable within a handful of early season games. This is NOT the case in many other teams. Even the veteran Michael Bennett has "learned" to stop giving our opponents free plays by being off sides as evidenced against the Bears last Sunday.

Seattle has PROVEN coaching and GM components that have taken diamonds in the rough time and time again and succeeded. They also make changes at lightning speed when a no-win player like Dion Bailey falls on his pie hole giving the Packers an uncontested TD. Enter Kam Chancellor..EXIT Dion Bailey. This was an immediate and dramatic improvement in the Defensive Secondary. No Seahawk Safety or Corner fell down last weekend.

Many so called pundits have written the Hawks off with their 1-2 start this season. All that tells me is that these visionaries are ignorant and lazy.

Like I said on another post "I LOVE being 1-2" That puts the chip right back on the Hawk's shoulders. NOTHING helps the Hawk's players attitudes like being doubted.

PLEASE keep telling the internets that the Hawks have lost it and can't get it back...PPPUUULLLEEEEZZE!!! keep it up. I just love it.

As for the Cardinals...The Hawks don't play them till week 10 and again the last game of the regular season. That will be plenty of time under the belt to have our O-Line completely dialed in. By week 10 we will be a well oiled machine firing on all cylinders. That is if we are fortunate in the injury department of course.

Certain posters have offered that the Arizona team has emerged as the favorite in the NFC West. POPPYCOCK!!! They haven't EMERGED. They were already who they are and will be from game numero uno. If ANYTHING the Cardinals have shown a tendency to fall on their dicks from injuries. It happens EVERY season with those red birds. Wilson NEVER gets injured. Palmer ALWAYS gets hurt.

The Cardinals ALWAYS come out of the shoot and win and win until around late mid season and the injury bug bites and they lose and lose.

The Seahawks typically take a few weeks to sort out their "new" experiments and may lose a couple or three games in the first half of a season and then when the team is "set" they roar up from the middle of the pack and low and behold they have home field advantage come playoff time.

Injuries play a heavy hand as to any team's future fortunes. That and the improvements that may or may not happen as young players develop or not as the season progresses.

Seattle still has the "core" players that got them into the big show plus a few very talented new additions. This new kid Tyler Lockett is every bit the game breaker that Percy Harvin was supposed to be in the kick return position. Obviously Jimmy Graham is an upgrade at Tight End. Now that Kam Chancellor is back in the fold the Legion of Boom is intact again.

All that really has held the Hawks back has been the new O-Line which had to learn to work together better. Admittedly the run and pass blocking has been ragged at times in the first halves of the first three games. There HAS been improvement in that area as the communication and responsibilities needed learned have been getting better each week.

When I study the progress of some other teams as I did last night watching Detroit play Minnesota it is clear that Seattle has a whole lot more to work with than teams that have so called ":veteran O-Lines" with far less natural individual abilities. Watching Detroit's QB was painful. What they need to improve upon they cannot and that is Stafford's decision making and throwing accuracy. He is what he was. Their O-Line has already plateaued. If it were not for Golden Tate the Lions would be a real disaster. He pulls Stafford's ass out of the fire on many occasions a game.

Although Wilson has had his "moments" of forcing the ball in the past he has taken MUCH better care of the rock this season. This is clear evidence that Russell is still learning whereas Stafford has reached his limits and is what he is and will be.

What has held the Seahawks from being undefeated so far this season is TRULY fixable within a handful of early season games. This is NOT the case in many other teams. Even the veteran Michael Bennett has "learned" to stop giving our opponents free plays by being off sides as evidenced against the Bears last Sunday.

Seattle has PROVEN coaching and GM components that have taken diamonds in the rough time and time again and succeeded. They also make changes at lightning speed when a no-win player like Dion Bailey falls on his pie hole giving the Packers an uncontested TD. Enter Kam Chancellor..EXIT Dion Bailey. This was an immediate and dramatic improvement in the Defensive Secondary. No Seahawk Safety or Corner fell down last weekend.

Many so called pundits have written the Hawks off with their 1-2 start this season. All that tells me is that these visionaries are ignorant and lazy.

Like I said on another post "I LOVE being 1-2" That puts the chip right back on the Hawk's shoulders. NOTHING helps the Hawk's players attitudes like being doubted.

PLEASE keep telling the internets that the Hawks have lost it and can't get it back...PPPUUULLLEEEEZZE!!! keep it up. I just love it.
Our qb isn't that good, our offensive line isn't that good and Coach Lombardi sucks calling plays.

I won't write off Seahawks just yet. Will once Az. trounces their ass. Arians better coach than Carroll.
Cardinals haven't built up enough street credibility to be bragging this early in the season. You have no idea where AZ will be in weeks 10 or 15, or if they'll be great all regular season and then get trounced in the first round.

At least Seattle can say they've been there the last 2 years. Where was AZ other than O.U.T.

I won't write off Seahawks just yet. Will once Az. trounces their ass. Arians better coach than Carroll.

I just LOVE IT!!!

Why do you suppose the Hawks have this annoying ability to constantly make these 2nd half come backs? Because Carroll is a bad coach?

I don't think there is a coach in the NFL except Belichick that can make second half adjustments like Pete Carroll. The Patriots are also VERY good at making the winning tweaks needed to win.

Forum List

Back