DeSantis, Once a ‘No’ on Storm Aid, Petitions a President He’s Bashed

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
As a freshman congressman in 2013, Ron DeSantis was unambiguous: A federal bailout for the New York region after Hurricane Sandy was an irresponsible boondoggle, a symbol of the “put it on the credit card mentality” he had come to Washington to oppose.

“I sympathize with the victims,” he said. But his answer was no.

Nearly a decade later, as his state confronts the devastation and costly destruction wrought by Hurricane Ian, Mr. DeSantis is appealing to the nation’s better angels — and betting on its short memory.

The present circumstances have inspired a less swaggering posture toward a leader whom Mr. DeSantis has long called “Brandon” as a recurring troll, aimed at the man he might like to succeed. “Dear Mr. President,” the governor’s request for a major disaster declaration and federal assistance began on Wednesday.

“Ironically,” said David Jolly, a former Republican congressman from Florida, “there’s nobody in America that Ron DeSantis needs more than Joe Biden.”

Some Northeastern lawmakers, including Republicans, have not forgotten how Mr. DeSantis and some of his peers responded when the New York area was under duress. “Year after year, we had given them billions of dollars,” said Peter King, a former Republican congressman from Long Island, alluding to aid packages for Southern states and calling the resistance to Sandy relief his angriest moment in office. “Every one of them comes to New York to raise money. They either go to the Hamptons or they go to Manhattan. And both areas were devastated by Sandy.”

I don't see any effort by democrats to rebuild Florida's gulf shore so the post is moot.
LOL Now you need the Dems to help to fix your state? Why doesn't the jr douchebag use the funds he is wasting by importing/exporting illegals to fix the gulf shore?

Gad, you idiots accept no responsibility and you wonder why no one takes you guys seriously.

LOL Helping people affected by natural disasters is pork? Well then, we should apply the same rationale to Florida.

Lucky for you idiots, the president and the Dems are honorable people and won't play politics.
Liar. It wasn't the aid to the people in need. It was the political payoff added to the bill for Democrat cronyism.

Unfortunately, you fucking morons don't bother to think for yourselves or question critically anything done by your masters.

LOL Now you need the Dems to help to fix your state? Why doesn't the jr douchebag use the funds he is wasting by importing/exporting illegals to fix the gulf shore?

Gad, you idiots accept no responsibility and you wonder why no one takes you guys seriously.
I think the immigrants are probably watching the hurricaine from Marthas Vineyard, and aren't they glad they are.

Liar. It wasn't the aid to the people in need. It was the political payoff added to the bill for Democrat cronyism.

Unfortunately, you fucking morons don't bother to think for yourselves or question critically anything done by your masters.
Specifically, what was the documented cronyism?

Joe Biden deserves to be bashed, or at least whoever is handling the demented older man is.

Should DeSantis have thought, 'gee, no how bad Biden's policies are for the American people, including Floridians, I better not bash him in case a hurricane hits Florida.'

He was right to bash Biden, and right to ask for help from the Federal government (not personal help from Biden).

Global climate change has certainly had an effect on the intensity of hurricanes!

This one is going to make some believers out of Florida's denialists.
Yeah, we never had hurricanes before western industrialization. Praise Allah that industrial practices in China and Russia do not cause Global Warming!

Nor do private jets, if flown by Democrats.

I doubt it. Once an idiot always an idiot.
Having their homes broken up into little pieces is pretty convincing, whether in Florida or Newfoundland.

It has the same effect on gun violence denialists who lose a child or other loved one to guns.

Denialists of all kinds have little feeling for the pain of others but don't consider the violence can come home to them too.

Prove it. Prove that that aid for Sandy was a political payoff.

Prove or accept that you are a lying piece of turd. Go.

Having their homes broken up into little pieces is pretty convincing, whether in Florida or Newfoundland.

It has the same effect on gun violence denialists who lose a child or other loved one to guns.

Denialists of all kinds have little feeling for the pain of others but don't consider the violence can come home to them too.
You're right, but I don't most of those folks have the fiber it takes to see another side. Most of those people are locked inside their own bubbles and will never break free.

Prove it. Prove that that aid for Sandy was a political payoff.

Prove or accept that you are a lying piece of turd. Go.
I've asked him twice and he won't/can't answer. We won't see much of him now.

Forum List

Back