Derby's 'dystopian' Christmas decorations ridiculed

Wrexham on Rubbish Day at the Main Road.

images

Greg

I would have to see the finished product before making a final judgement. At a glance it does look rather plain jane.
That is the finished product. That is Derby at its best.

Oh come on, be fair..I've seen worse...in Wrexham, for example :p

8e4be1e0-135f-11ea-99f7-222e2f5dcedc
Why does every road out of Derby led to Nottingham ? Its like there is nowhere else to go.

To be fair, most roads between the two cities lead to the M1. I used to commute to Derby some years ago, down the A52, or "Damnation Alley" as I used to call it given the number of car crashes I'd see along the way; at least one smash up every week. Happy days.
Ive had some great nights in Nottingham, not so much in Derby.

I would have to see the finished product before making a final judgement. At a glance it does look rather plain jane.

Why does every road out of Derby led to Nottingham ? Its like there is nowhere else to go.

To be fair, most roads between the two cities lead to the M1. I used to commute to Derby some years ago, down the A52, or "Damnation Alley" as I used to call it given the number of car crashes I'd see along the way; at least one smash up every week. Happy days.

What sort of venues did you visit Tommy?

I've had great nights out in both cities, but I tend to agree, Nottingham is a bit more cosmopolitan. Where did you go?

I've had great nights out in both cities, but I tend to agree, Nottingham is a bit more cosmopolitan. Where did you go?
Pass, it was 20 years ago and I was very relaxed.

I was there in the 90s, I drank in a heavy metal bar, it had a stage and Thursday nights guitarists would practice and entertain us.
Sounds a bit like the Imperial on George St. If it was out of town, there was the Boat Club in West Bridgford, but then again there were quite a few places like that in the 80's and 90's.

We stayed in the flat above the Post office not far from that lad who was given a fire engine, at first until the Indians tried ripping us of with leccie money, then we moved into a Derby hotel, bit more pricey, at least we were given a proper breakfast from the Polish bint landlady.

Forum List

Back