DePaul University To Offer "Queer Studies"

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
I thought this was from the Onion at first. You know...pink textbooks, etc..

It's not though.

Very sad.

---

DePaul University to Offer Minor in 'Queer Studies'

Day to Day, January 26, 2006 · DePaul University in Chicago -- the largest Catholic university in the United States -- is launching a "queer studies" program that looks at issues of homosexuality. DePaul will be the first Catholic university to offer a minor in the topic, and could face the wrath of the Vatican. Jason DeRose of Chicago Public Radio reports.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5173232

My kids are still young, but I've started talking to my oldest about what he wants to do in life.

We've talked about collage and paying for it and getting a degree that will help him get a good job.

What on earth is someone going to do with a minor in homosexual studies????

Trigg said:
My kids are still young, but I've started talking to my oldest about what he wants to do in life.

We've talked about collage and paying for it and getting a degree that will help him get a good job.

What on earth is someone going to do with a minor in homosexual studies????

Interior Decorating?

Abbey Normal said:
Actually, judging by this board, there seems to be quite a lot to discuss on the topic. But let's hope there are no courses on gay "techniques".

Ewwwwwwwwwww

Abbey Normal said:
Actually, judging by this board, there seems to be quite a lot to discuss on the topic. But let's hope there are no courses on gay "techniques".
I think I know someone who might be interested in that class. ;) I bet minoring in queer studies would be useful in a psychology field.

The ClayTaurus said:
I think I know someone who might be interested in that class. ;) I bet minoring in queer studies would be useful in a psychology field.

I'll bet we all know someone. ;)

It could also be interesting in Anthropology/Biology, to discuss the old genetic vs. environmental debate.

such a interesting and productive course of study...Brown eye vs pink eye...torpedos vs bullets....guys vs girls...normal vs abnormal...Santa Monica and San Francisco vs Valley guys and girls....a psyhcologist wet dream!....No wonder Islam is beating us up...our University system is really off base and off the page! :wtf:

archangel said:
such a interesting and productive course of study...Brown eye vs pink eye...torpedos vs bullets....guys vs girls...normal vs abnormal...Santa Monica and San Francisco vs Valley guys and girls....a psyhcologist wet dream!....No wonder Islam is beating us up...our University system is really off base and off the page! :wtf:
Well, Arch, plenty of abnormal behavior is studied in college. Do you think it's all a waste of time? Do you think abnormal behavior in psychology is worthless to study? What about abnormal behavior in history? I don't think that just because something is abnormal, that means it shouldn't be studied.

The ClayTaurus said:
Well, Arch, plenty of abnormal behavior is studied in college. Do you think it's all a waste of time? Do you think abnormal behavior in psychology is worthless to study? What about abnormal behavior in history? I don't think that just because something is abnormal, that means it shouldn't be studied.

abnormal behavoir has always been studied in Universities...why the need for a special course of study promoting homosexual acceptance? this is the issue as well as special "Hate Crimes" issues... :wtf:

The ClayTaurus said:
Are they really studying it as abnormal behavior, or is a how-to course in indoctrination?

While I doubt it would be condemned, I wouldn't be surprised if a great deal of class delves into the reasons one might be gay, the psychological side of things. Indoctrination? Maybe at some of the schools, by overzealous profs. It would be good to at least see a curriculum for a queer studies class...

Forum List

Back