Denver Museum ends gun free zone status, allows concealed carry....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes....gun free zones are where the killers go.....now they have one less place that is inviting to mass shooters.....

Denver Museum Allows Concealed Carry After Paris And San Bernardino Attacks

The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is now allowing concealed carry on-site as a result of the Paris and San Bernardino terrorist attacks. All museum patrons who choose to carry must have a concealed carry permit which, in the state of Colorado, requires a background check and training.

Yes....gun free zones are where the killers go.....now they have one less place that is inviting to mass shooters.....

The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is now allowing concealed carry on-site as a result of the Paris and San Bernardino terrorist attacks. All museum patrons who choose to carry must have a concealed carry permit which, in the state of Colorado, requires a background check and training.

It makes perfect sense to sane people. All the mass-shootings do actually occur in the Gun-Free Zones, were they not Gun-Free Zones, the massacres might have been prevented. All it takes is just one person with a gun to prevent the lunatic from carrying out the mass-shooting.

And the most important point.....since this is now a concealed carry zone...it becomes less inviting to an attacker to begin with. They now know that at anytime there could be armed citizens they can't anticipate.....they will look for other democrat gun free zones to shoot up.

I just don't see where the danger of being in public has gotten any worse in the last few years. Of course, there are occasional incidence of violence, but they have always been there and at a higher rate than now. I refuse to be a coward who needs to hide behind a gun 24/7 just to feel safe.

I know lot's of pro gun liberals.

Just not many on this site.

And they're not coming for your guns

I am liberal.
I have guns.
Common sense regulation is not grabbing your gun, and only an idiot would think it is.

"Denver Museum ends gun free zone status, allows concealed carry...."

Nonsense.

Unless persons entering a given venue are met with metal detectors and security pat-downs, there is no such thing as a 'gun free zone'; people have always carried concealed firearms in all manner of places whether 'allowed' to do so or not, thus eviscerating the 'argument' that criminals seek out mythical 'gun free zones' to commit mass shootings.

And the notion that persons carrying concealed firearms will act as a 'deterrent' to mass shootings is unsupported idiocy, completely devoid of merit.

"Denver Museum ends gun free zone status, allows concealed carry...."

Nonsense.

Unless persons entering a given venue are met with metal detectors and security pat-downs, there is no such thing as a 'gun free zone'; people have always carried concealed firearms in all manner of places whether 'allowed' to do so or not, thus eviscerating the 'argument' that criminals seek out mythical 'gun free zones' to commit mass shootings.

And the notion that persons carrying concealed firearms will act as a 'deterrent' to mass shootings is unsupported idiocy, completely devoid of merit.

So, with that said, can you now announce your support to end current gun free zones?

-Geaux

I gotta apologize, I'm in a cranky mood, and have been picking fights all day.

I agree with background checks

I am liberal.
I have guns.
Common sense regulation is not grabbing your gun, and only an idiot would think it is.
What is common sense regulation?

Background checks?

That's a good start.

I am liberal.
I have guns.

Background checks?

That's a good start.

please...can you...of all the anti gunners explain the magic of background checks.....?

Criminals get their guns from straw buyers, who pass your background checks, and mass shooters pass background checks and sometimes more than one.

we already have federally mandated background checks...what is the magic of background checks?

I am liberal.
I have guns.

Background checks?

That's a good start.

please...can you...of all the anti gunners explain the magic of background checks.....?

Criminals get their guns from straw buyers, who pass your background checks, and mass shooters pass background checks and sometimes more than one.

we already have federally mandated background checks...what is the magic of background checks?

Nothing magical about them, and like every other law in the history of the world, they aren't 100% effective, but they do reduce the number of guns for people that shouldn't have guns.

I am liberal.
I have guns.

Background checks?

That's a good start.

Nothing magical about them, and like every other law in the history of the world, they aren't 100% effective, but they do reduce the number of guns for people that shouldn't have guns.

You didn't explain how that works...you just say it like it is the truth.......

Criminals steal their guns...they don't go through a background check for that...guns are not limited by that.

Criminals get relatives and other people with clean backgrounds to buy their guns for them....they bypass background checks that way...guns are not limited by that.

Mass shooters....pass background checks because they have committed no crime or they too steal their guns....guns are not limited by that.

Other than a mantra....repeated over and over again, or like a magical chant, "Background checks...ommmm....Background checks...ommmmmm...." Could one of you gun grabbers please explain how background checks keep criminals and mass shooters from getting guns?

I just don't see where the danger of being in public has gotten any worse in the last few years. Of course, there are occasional incidence of violence, but they have always been there and at a higher rate than now. I refuse to be a coward who needs to hide behind a gun 24/7 just to feel safe.

Do you feel the same way about keeping a fire extinguisher in your kitchen?

I am liberal.
I have guns.

Background checks?

That's a good start.

You didn't explain how that works...you just say it like it is the truth.......

Criminals steal their guns...they don't go through a background check for that...guns are not limited by that.

Criminals get relatives and other people with clean backgrounds to buy their guns for them....they bypass background checks that way...guns are not limited by that.

Mass shooters....pass background checks because they have committed no crime or they too steal their guns....guns are not limited by that.

Other than a mantra....repeated over and over again, or like a magical chant, "Background checks...ommmm....Background checks...ommmmmm...." Could one of you gun grabbers please explain how background checks keep criminals and mass shooters from getting guns?

Don't be ridiculous. I and many others have had this discussion with you several times. Senseless to do it again. You chose to ignore facts anyway. Universal background checks will save lives and better than 90% of the country agrees with that. It's no longer a matter of making a logical decision, because that has been done. It's a matter of breaking the NRA death grip on the republican representatives. It's as inevitable a legalized gay marriage and healthcare was, and even though you can delay it for a while longer, you can't stop it

Do you feel the same way about keeping a fire extinguisher in your kitchen?

I don't have a problem if you want to strap a fire extinguisher on your leg to go to Walmart.

That is a great Museum. Use to go there quite often. Fantastic exhibits of wildlife and an excellent planetarium too.

Forum List

Back