The beginning of the end for ISIS?

SingleVoyce

Dec 29, 2015
The Iraqi army has shown that it can actually execute an offensive operation against ISIS by liberating Ramadi. The Baghdad government has demonstrated a more inclusive and pragmatic policy by recruiting Sunni tribesman to garrison and protect the newly liberated city. The Iraqi army seems to have a plan for the eventual liberation of Mosul.

Is this the beginning of the end for ISIS?

The Iraqi army has shown that it can actually execute an offensive operation against ISIS by liberating Ramadi. The Baghdad government has demonstrated a more inclusive and pragmatic policy by recruiting Sunni tribesman to garrison and protect the newly liberated city. The Iraqi army seems to have a plan for the eventual liberation of Mosul.

10,000 Iraqis vs 300 ISIS.

You don't understand war do you?

ISIS also owns Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Yemen oh and the Ukraine now.

It's just begun child.

Taking the city of Ramadi is peanuts compared to their next objective Mosul. ...... :cool:

True but they're already laying the groundwork for a campaign against Mosul. In fact, there are a couple of intermediate objectives also - Fallujah is already under siege by the Iraqi army.

Taking the city of Ramadi is peanuts compared to their next objective Mosul. ...... :cool:

Ok I'm awake again and waiting for unisom to take hold. :) This makes me the most dangerous. Hehehehe.

Ramadi was 70 miles outside of Baghdad?

Are we freaking kidding here that no one could move on Ramadi? Sweet freaking lord. I'm in the middle of nowhere man but if my town is in the suburbs of a town taken over by a group of whackos and I can't get toilet paper or booze I'm going FUCKING RAMBO.

With all my other neighbors. Fuck the army.

I'm going in.

:lol:

"The beginning of the end for ISIS?"

That depends on what is meant by 'ISIS.'

As a terrorist entity it will remain a threat, becoming more dangerous as it continues to lose territory in Iraq.

As a terrorist entity it will remain a threat, becoming more dangerous as it continues to lose territory in Iraq.

Hello? Its got Libya and Afghanistan and now the Ukraine nazis have invited them in. They are working with Pravy Sector.

They are expanding rapidly.

Only hope I have is libs will die first. Go ahead tell ISIS they have to bake a cake.

I don't see how losing territory will make them more dangerous. Without their so-called "caliphate", they're just another terrorist organization like the dozens of others scattered around the Middle East. They are also losing a large part of their funding sources as they lose territory.

It's not much different than law enforcement sweeping out a crime and gang infested shit hole. It changes NOTHING....thugs will relocate.

Same with ISIS. It's radical Islam. They'll just relocate.

Merkel has invited the entirely ISIS as 'refuges' to Germany, therefore End of ISIS can be only in Europe, not in Iraq.

Only if a republican wins the white house. Then the terrorist will run in fear. Lol

One only has to look back to when bush was playing wack a mole with al quada to know the GOP talk tough but carry a very stupid stick.

The GOP like perpetual war for perpetual profits. Bush didn't even take out bin ladin. Wanted to use him as a boogie man.

Win the hearts and minds of the Arab world. One way to do that is to ban any of them from coming to the USA

It's not much different than law enforcement sweeping out a crime and gang infested shit hole. It changes NOTHING....thugs will relocate.

You got to locate and drone strikes them. Ruthlessly. Like Israel or Russia would do.

The only real difference between ISIS and most of the other terrorist organizations is that they've captured and held territory. As a result of that, they've been able to promote their "caliphate" nonsense and use it to recruit "soldiers" from around the world and to provide bases for training and equipping them. They may continue to exist but, if they're constantly on the run and have no real home base, it makes them much less dangerous. Since Al Quaida was deprived of their home base in Afghanistan they haven't been heard from much. The story will be the same with ISIS. Getting rid of Islamic terrorists altogether is not a realistic goal but eliminating ISIS as the major player in promoting terrorism is.

Forum List

Back