Denied! Judge Blocks New Florida Welfare Drug Testing Law

[That first part is exactly why we went to war against the North.
Our country wasn't formed in such a way that the states shouldn't have to answer to the federal gov't.

I'm sorry, are you suggesting that the supremacy clause doesn't exist?

As to that 2nd part?
Just a bunch of legal-eze mumbo jumbo to me.
:D

Then I guess you're wading into matters you don't understand. That never turns out well.

YES it can if such a law is covered within the body of the Constitution that has Federal Jusridiction within the Constitution and the Amendments.

What the Hell is that supposed to mean? You know what, don't bother. Whatever it is, it's wrong. A state law cannot violate the federal constitution. Take note of the supremacy clause and the 14th amendment.

Well, then they should go out and get a real job rather than sponging off the rest of us...

In other words, you believe that it is okay to violate people's constitutional rights just because they are poor. That kind of class warfare mentality is absurd.

Fla. should just stop handing out any form of welfare. That should cover the situation nicely.. and protect the taxpayers.

maybe your medicare should be stopped?

go out and pay for your healthcare yourself.

not on my dime.

It's not.
Medicare is on each recipient's dime, as they're the ones that have paid for it over the years.

If it IS costing you your tax dollars that's something you should take up with your representatives and tell them to quit raiding the coffers.

:eusa_whistle:

ssssshhhh you''ll spoil her koolaid!

They do when

Never. The general populace DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to strip the constitutional rights of people based on popular support. Don't even bother trying to say stuff like this, you're making yourself out to look like a flaming idiot.

Just like my employer

The constitution does not apply to your employer, it applies to the government within its role as a government interacting with citizens.

has a right to ask me to take a drug test before allowing me to spend their money.

Actually, no, he doesn't have that right. An employer can conduct pre-employment drug screening. An employer can conduct regular or random drug tests. But no employer can withhold your pay based on your taking a drug test or not. They have to pay you for your time worked, on time, without qualification.

[That first part is exactly why we went to war against the North.
Our country wasn't formed in such a way that the states shouldn't have to answer to the federal gov't.

I'm sorry, are you suggesting that the supremacy clause doesn't exist?

As to that 2nd part?
Just a bunch of legal-eze mumbo jumbo to me.
:D
Then I guess you're wading into matters you don't understand. That never turns out well.

Not saying the Supremacy Clause doesn't exist.
Just that I don't like it!
:razz:

And I have no qualms in asking for clarification/translation.

Grandpa used to say that "as long as you don't look down your nose at me I won't cut your legs out from under you"
:cool:

Seriously, though, can ya dumb it down just a tad?
You're saying that if I consent to a drug test I can refuse to take it?
Under what conditions and why/how?

Well, then they should go out and get a real job rather than sponging off the rest of us...

In other words, you believe that it is okay to violate people's constitutional rights just because they are poor. That kind of class warfare mentality is absurd.

No, I think it's okay for me to demand that you make efforts to clean up your act before you ask for my help.

Nowhere in the constitution does it say I have to subsidize or enable your bad lifestyle choices. Nowhere.

This is the problem with "Welfare" and "entitlements" in general. It's assumed you have a right to it. You don't.

You are surviving because of the generosity and humanity of your fellows who aren't taking drugs and going to work every day earning a living. they have every right to demand you improve your behavior and prove you are doing so.

It's not.
Medicare is on each recipient's dime, as they're the ones that have paid for it over the years.

If it IS costing you your tax dollars that's something you should take up with your representatives and tell them to quit raiding the coffers.

No, there are plenty of people who are on Medicare who never paid into it. There are plenty of people who pay into it who take far more out of it than they ever paid. Then there are those of us who pay into it, and never take anything out of it. I guess that makes me someone who is subsidizing others, right?

They do when

Never. The general populace DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to strip the constitutional rights of people based on popular support. Don't even bother trying to say stuff like this, you're making yourself out to look like a flaming idiot.

You convinced me. Let's get government out of the welfare business. Everything will be private charities, and they will decide if you are worthy.

And incidently, the general populace can strip you of rights pretty much any time they want to. Just ask the Japanese-Americans of 1942. Any asshole who thinks he has rights should talk to them.

There are no "rights", dummy. There are privilages the rest of us let you have. This is one that is being abused.

There are no "rights", dummy. There are privilages the rest of us let you have.

Wow. Just wow.

No, practical reality... just learn to deal.

I go back to the example of Japanese Americans. We all got really, really scared after Pearl Harbor. And we all went along with sending these folks to prison camps for no other reason than where their ancestors came from.

Even the Supreme Court ruled against them- three times.

The only rights that exist are the ones the rest of us think you should have. And frankly, I don't see why some doper has a right to my hard-earned money because he needs to get high all day.

Fla. should just stop handing out any form of welfare. That should cover the situation nicely.. and protect the taxpayers.

maybe your medicare should be stopped?

go out and pay for your healthcare yourself.

not on my dime.

send back all the money that was forced out of my pocketbook and I'll do just that.. thanks maw maw.. is the check in da mail?
You got paid for being a housewife?

Forum List

Back