Dems: Yeah, We Blew It By Using the Nuclear Option

I read that before. That's always the danger with such actions, it can also be comical as it was in Canada. In Canada we had the Liberal party run on the promise that they would go forward with a referendum on electorate change. Well, they won the election, and then suggested that there wasn't an appetite for such changes anymore since the Coservatives had lost the election....

You can't make this stuff up.

Well, yes. Many Americans are morons, and fell hard for the fake news about Clinton, even though anyone who wasn't a bedwetting moron instantly saw through it.

Anyways, you lied to the bedwetters and won. Stop whining about it already. Worst sore winner crybabies I ever saw.

Oh, since Democrats were never filibuster-happy anyways, this thread is whining about nothing. The conservatives just can't understand that Democrats have never been as anti-Constitution as they are.

Fast, fast, your life could depend on it at this point ...

DXddnVj.jpg

Thank you Harry Reid.

(CNN)Senate Democrats are eager to make Donald Trump pay a political price for nominating staunch conservatives to fill out his Cabinet, hoping to exact revenge for the GOP's stubborn opposition to President Barack Obama's nominees.
But there is little they can do about it -- and some top Democrats are now coming to regret it.

That's because Senate Democrats muscled through an unprecedented rules change in 2013 to weaken the power of the minority party to filibuster Cabinet-level appointees and most judicial nominees, now setting the threshold at 51 votes -- rather than 60 -- to overcome tactics aimed at derailing nominations.
With the Senate GOP poised to hold 52 seats next Congress, some Democrats now say they should have thought twice before making the rules change -- known on Capitol Hill as the "nuclear option."
"I do regret that," said Sen. Chris Coons of Delaware, a Democrat who voted for the rules change three years ago. "I frankly think many of us will regret that in this Congress because it would have been a terrific speed bump, potential emergency break, to have in our system to slow down nominees."
What is it about politicians that makes them so short-sighted?

They must think that, whenever they're in control, they'll be in control FOREVER. They're just SO damn GOOD.

The Dems over-interpreted their "mandate" (ha ha) and here we are. And no one should be surprised if the GOP does precisely the same thing.
Democrats really did think they would be in power forever. They had demographic change that ensured a Democrat majority forever kept by pandering.

Had democrats won this time, they would have had it. In four years they would have jammed in millions of non white immigrants.

Thank you Harry Reid.

(CNN)Senate Democrats are eager to make Donald Trump pay a political price for nominating staunch conservatives to fill out his Cabinet, hoping to exact revenge for the GOP's stubborn opposition to President Barack Obama's nominees.
But there is little they can do about it -- and some top Democrats are now coming to regret it.

That's because Senate Democrats muscled through an unprecedented rules change in 2013 to weaken the power of the minority party to filibuster Cabinet-level appointees and most judicial nominees, now setting the threshold at 51 votes -- rather than 60 -- to overcome tactics aimed at derailing nominations.
With the Senate GOP poised to hold 52 seats next Congress, some Democrats now say they should have thought twice before making the rules change -- known on Capitol Hill as the "nuclear option."
"I do regret that," said Sen. Chris Coons of Delaware, a Democrat who voted for the rules change three years ago. "I frankly think many of us will regret that in this Congress because it would have been a terrific speed bump, potential emergency break, to have in our system to slow down nominees."

They must think that, whenever they're in control, they'll be in control FOREVER. They're just SO damn GOOD.

The Dems over-interpreted their "mandate" (ha ha) and here we are. And no one should be surprised if the GOP does precisely the same thing.
Democrats really did think they would be in power forever. They had demographic change that ensured a Democrat majority forever kept by pandering.

Had democrats won this time, they would have had it. In four years they would have jammed in millions of non white immigrants.

In their mind they are still in power. They believe there is one American party and one American opposition party. It's not possible the opposition party won. So they're still rationalizing it in their mind how what happened didn't happen

Thank you Harry Reid.

When you start believing your talking points, you do stupid things

It's yet another perfect illustration of how ignorant progressives are. If they manage to eliminate the Electoral College as they so deeply desire, they will live to refret that as well.

Well, yes. Many Americans are morons, and fell hard for the fake news about Clinton, even though anyone who wasn't a bedwetting moron instantly saw through it.

Anyways, you lied to the bedwetters and won. Stop whining about it already. Worst sore winner crybabies I ever saw.

Oh, since Democrats were never filibuster-happy anyways, this thread is whining about nothing. The conservatives just can't understand that Democrats have never been as anti-Constitution as they are.
Poor little mamooth here can't even bring herself to admit the monumental failures of her party, even when her party themselves are admitting it.

P@triot, are you under the impression you're the first weepy loser to cry-stalk me after getting spanked? You're not. I've got a whole string of butthurt stalkers like you following me around.

Keep trying, losers. If you jackals collect yourselves into pack of 20 or so to go against the lion, you could all drown me out simply by the sheer volume of your weeping.

Sucks to be a stupid democrat, huh? :lol:

P@triot, are you under the impression you're the first weepy loser to cry-stalk me after getting spanked? You're not. I've got a whole string of butthurt stalkers like you following me around.

Keep trying, losers. If you jackals collect yourselves into pack of 20 or so to go against the lion, you could all drown me out simply by the sheer volume of your weeping.
Maybe that's because you were so stupid to proclaim Hitlery Clinton the winner 4 years before she even announced she was going to run, nitwit.

1. Donald Trump is your president (and you can't handle it)

2. You were dead wrong on your idiotic "predictions" (and you can't handle it)

3. You can't handle anything because you're a fragile little progressive snowflake who can't handle not getting her way

Maybe that's because you were so stupid to proclaim Hitlery

The election is over, so you don't have to repeat Russian propaganda any more. But you still will, because you're still a commie to your very core.

Now, we do know why you're still crying so hysterically, snowflake.

Your masters told you that if Trump won, everyone would stop laughing at you for being such a weepy failure.

And so Trump won ... and everyone is laughing at you even harder. That's got to sting. Your sanity has clearly taken a beating.

For me, life is good. I get to point to the abject failure of your messiah and party for 4 years and laugh my ass off, and all you'll be able to do about it is cry at me.

That is, unless you report me to the Trump Gestapo. Bet you just can't wait to do that, eh goosestepper? It's your wet dream to have all those awful liberals sent to the camps, as payback for how they humiliated you.

The election is over, so you don't have to repeat Russian propaganda any more. But you still will, because you're still a commie to your very core.

Your masters told you that if Trump won, everyone would stop laughing at you for being such a weepy failure.

And so Trump won ... and everyone is laughing at you even harder. That's got to sting. Your sanity has clearly taken a beating.

For me, life is good. I get to point to the abject failure of your messiah and party for 4 years and laugh my ass off, and all you'll be able to do about it is cry at me.

That is, unless you report me to the Trump Gestapo. Bet you just can't wait to do that, eh goosestepper? It's your wet dream to have all those awful liberals sent to the camps, as payback for how they humiliated you.
Awwwww.....your Hillary lost....poor snowflake....

Watching you fall apart over the fact that you can't handle Donald Trump destroying your girl Hitlery in the election is hilarious. Watching you go bat-shit insane over your humiliation of declaring for years that Hitlery would be the next president is creepy. But still funny in away. :lol:

Thank you Harry Reid.

Goose meet gander

Even more gander, because once the well was opened, Republicans can merely extend the rule to cover supreme court nominees.
Yep.

The Democrats and President Obama screwed up. Instead of rolling back Executive power they doubled down in it. And now Trump has it. Well played boys. Well played.

Thank you Harry Reid.

Both parties have a tendency to think they'll be in power forever. Under Bush there was talk of the "Permanent Republican Majority." Then Obama inherited all of the expanded Executive powers that Bush and Cheney engineered. Pelosi, Reid, and Obama assumed they'd be in power forever and failed to roll things back. Now Trump has the most powerful Presidency in US history. And in 4-8 years he'll be out too.

Thank you Harry Reid.

Both parties have a tendency to think they'll be in power forever. Under Bush there was talk of the "Permanent Republican Majority." Then Obama inherited all of the expanded Executive powers that Bush and Cheney engineered. Pelosi, Reid, and Obama assumed they'd be in power forever and failed to roll things back. Now Trump has the most powerful Presidency in US history. And in 4-8 years he'll be out too.
The parties can be counted on to (a) claim a "mandate", and then (b) over-interpret that "mandate" enough to piss people off and get thrown out on their butts.

The narcissism that infects partisans ideologues both motivates them and beats them.

OMG, from a Hitlary automaton, that is so funny ...

Thank you Harry Reid.

Remember, the next Republican president hadnt been born in Rightwinger's lifetime.

You're the first group for the concentration camps Trump builds.

Thank you Harry Reid.

The parties can be counted on to (a) claim a "mandate", and then (b) over-interpret that "mandate" enough to piss people off and get thrown out on their butts.

The narcissism that infects partisans ideologues both motivates them and beats them.
Well the dems have inflicted their agenda on America even without a mandate. Who can forget this? Talk about in your face. This is where the people started getting really pissed at the dems. The majority of Americans were against this abortion of a bill and still are, yet the dems rammed it through behind locked doors and bribed people to vote for it. "WE HAVE TO PASS THE BILL TO FIND OUT WHAT'S IN IT." It was a dark day in the history of American politics that the dems are now living to regret...

Forum List

Back