Dems want to raise taxes on millionaires, Pubs want to raise Medicare premiums

Yeah.... But I know you don't get it. So forget it. Just keep following like a sheep... it's OK... there are many on the left that do it too.

Oh I will agree there are sheep on both sides, but I tend to see it more on the left.

Of course you do.. because you only believe the right. Truthfully? It used to be a pretty much 50/50 proposition...in recent times... I happen to think it's more 40/60 in favor of the right.

I've been politically aware for about 25 years or so, and I've NEVER seen the crap that I've seen from either side that I see coming from the right these days. It's like anyone who doesn't subscribe to their line of thinking is an enemy. Sure.. there are those on the left are like that too.. but nothing like I've seen from you guys since the 2008 election race and since.

I'm really not trying to be mean or partisan here, and I actually appreciate the decent conversation we are having right now.

Things always come out in the wash historically. I've noticed that with Bush... I watched that 9/11 interview on the 10th anniversary this year and I came away with a respect for the man... it's a tough fuckin' job being president.

Well I'm probably a little older than you and have seen a lot of politics. And you're right, things are awful, but I see it from the left. Look how they were all during the Bush administration. That is when I saw it really going to hell. I don't think things were that bad during Clinton who I found likable. It is a tough job being President, but I don't find the Obama Presidential at all. just my personal feelings dear.

Oh I will agree there are sheep on both sides, but I tend to see it more on the left.

Of course you do.. because you only believe the right. Truthfully? It used to be a pretty much 50/50 proposition...in recent times... I happen to think it's more 40/60 in favor of the right.

I've been politically aware for about 25 years or so, and I've NEVER seen the crap that I've seen from either side that I see coming from the right these days. It's like anyone who doesn't subscribe to their line of thinking is an enemy. Sure.. there are those on the left are like that too.. but nothing like I've seen from you guys since the 2008 election race and since.

I'm really not trying to be mean or partisan here, and I actually appreciate the decent conversation we are having right now.

Things always come out in the wash historically. I've noticed that with Bush... I watched that 9/11 interview on the 10th anniversary this year and I came away with a respect for the man... it's a tough fuckin' job being president.

Well I'm probably a little older than you and have seen a lot of politics. And you're right, things are awful, but I see it from the left. Look how they were all during the Bush administration. That is when I saw it really going to hell. I don't think things were that bad during Clinton who I found likable. It is a tough job being President, but I don't find the Obama Presidential at all. just my personal feelings dear.

I'm 46... And yes... the far left was tough on Bush.... but most of America was behind him in his first term...including myself.

I'm 46... And yes... the far left was tough on Bush.... but most of America was behind him in his first term...including myself.

I'll just say, I'm a little older. lol
I wasn't behind Bush in everything he did, and he and my Representatives heard about it..
but there is nothing I am behind with Obama. I just want him and his administration gone.
like I said, got to get up early. nice chatting with you. good night

For one thing, I won't go to any websites and just post away at what they have to say. I have to feel that what they are saying has the TRUTH to it.
And I will NOT just go to any site that has a link posted here, because I don't want to give them any support. like thinkprogress, Hufferpost, etc etc.
Again, what is TPMDC? sounds like another left wing kook site. sorry just my opinion

Who cares? This is a real story, and you refuse to accept it, because you don't like the source of the real story.

Excerpts from the article:

Adopting the GOP bill would result in higher out of pocket costs for middle class seniors on Medicare — a GOP measure adopted in lieu of raising income taxes on millionaires. That would both weaken the program, increase expenses for seniors, and muddle Dems’ election year message that they’re protecting entitlements from a conservative onslaught.

I asked House Speaker John Boehner about this at a Tuesday evening press conference: is there a contradiction between the GOP’s opposition to raising taxes on annual income over $1 million, and their support for charging significantly less affluent seniors more for Medicare.

“We believe that looking at the problems in Medicare that wealthy seniors ought to pay a higher portion of their Medicare premiums. That’s what the bill does. I think it makes common sense. It’s something that’s been discussed in every [negotiation] this year whether it was Majority Leader Cantor in the Biden group, my discussions with the President, my discussions with Senate Democrats. It’s not an issue that there’s much disagreement, if any, on between the two parties.”

Some Democrats — even House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi — have signed off on measures like this in the past, but only in the context of broad legislation to tame budget deficits that includes higher taxes on wealthy earners. These higher premiums, instead, would be used to provide aide to current workers and the unemployed. They would apply to people making above $80,000 a year, and rise in significant increments for people making more than $100,000, $150,000, and $200,000, in Medicare Parts B (outpatient care) and D (prescription drugs).

That stands in pretty sharp contrast to the Dem idea that people making over $1 million should foot the bill with a small tax on their second million dollars in income.

GOP Pushes Dems To Accept Medicare Cuts For Current Retirees | TPMDC

So it's bad now that the rich pay more for Medicare than the rest of us????

I asked House Speaker John Boehner about this at a Tuesday evening press conference: is there a contradiction between the GOP’s opposition to raising taxes on annual income over $1 million, and their support for charging significantly less affluent seniors more for Medicare.

“We believe that looking at the problems in Medicare that wealthy seniors ought to pay a higher portion of their Medicare premiums. That’s what the bill does. I think it makes common sense. It’s something that’s been discussed in every [negotiation] this year whether it was Majority Leader Cantor in the Biden group, my discussions with the President, my discussions with Senate Democrats. It’s not an issue that there’s much disagreement, if any, on between the two parties.”

It's not a tax increase...and those who can afford to pay more of their medical coverage have to rather than letting them collect their benefits like those of us who can't afford to pay the bill.

It only makes sense.

For one thing, I won't go to any websites and just post away at what they have to say. I have to feel that what they are saying has the TRUTH to it.
And I will NOT just go to any site that has a link posted here, because I don't want to give them any support. like thinkprogress, Hufferpost, etc etc.
Again, what is TPMDC? sounds like another left wing kook site. sorry just my opinion

Who cares? This is a real story, and you refuse to accept it, because you don't like the source of the real story.

I'll accept it when I see more information about it. Not just from some website called, TPMDC.

Things were terrible during the Clinton administration. Your memory isn't serving you well. Prominent figures on the right promoted the idea that Clinton had political enemies murdered.

Bush was accused of knowing about 9/11, but the idea remained a fringe idea.

The attacks on Obama about his birth certificate have been absolutely unhinged. And elected officials have joined in, along with again, prominent individuals on right wing media outlets.

You don't find Obama presidential because he won against your wishes, IMO.

When there's a Pub in office, the militias stay quiet, deficit spending is acceptable, protest is un-American, and all wars are praised. When we have a Democratic President, the militias start making noise, deficit spending is the harbinger of the collapse of the nation, protest is suddenly OK, and no military action is acceptable. :cuckoo:

It's not a tax increase...and those who can afford to pay more of their medical coverage have to rather than letting them collect their benefits like those of us who can't afford to pay the bill.

It only makes sense.

Again, these folks are far less wealthy than the millionaires that the Dems want to give a slight tax increase.

Things were terrible during the Clinton administration. Your memory isn't serving you well. Prominent figures on the right promoted the idea that Clinton had political enemies murdered.

The attacks on Obama about his birth certificate have been absolutely unhinged. And elected officials have joined in, along with again, prominent individuals on right wing media outlets.

When there's a Pub in office, the militias stay quiet, deficit spending is acceptable, protest is un-American, and all wars are praised. When we have a Democratic President, the militias start making noise, deficit spending is the harbinger of the collapse of the nation, protest is suddenly OK, and no military action is acceptable. :cuckoo:

ummmk:eusa_whistle:

Your memory is poor.

lol, if you say so. or maybe we just see things differently.
whatever. carry on

Yes, as in I see actual Republican elected officials running around comparing the ACA to Nazism, and actual Republican officials demanding to see Obama's birth certificate, and I see an actual rise in right wing militia organizations during the Clinton administration and the Obama administration, and I see actual praise of any military action during the Bush years, and see the Dixie Chicks get lambasted for criticizing Bush over Iraq, but see Hank Williams, Jr get interviewed on Fox and praised after calling Obama the enemy.....you confuse legitimate criticism with the crazy criticism. To be clear, it's legitimate to disagree with the ACA, it's crazy to call it Nazism. It's legitimate to disagree with the President's military decisions, it's crazy to contradict yourself repeatedly [as Newt and Mitt have done] over Obama's decisions in regard to Libya.

Excerpts from the article:

Adopting the GOP bill would result in higher out of pocket costs for middle class seniors on Medicare — a GOP measure adopted in lieu of raising income taxes on millionaires. That would both weaken the program, increase expenses for seniors, and muddle Dems’ election year message that they’re protecting entitlements from a conservative onslaught.

Some Democrats — even House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi — have signed off on measures like this in the past, but only in the context of broad legislation to tame budget deficits that includes higher taxes on wealthy earners. These higher premiums, instead, would be used to provide aide to current workers and the unemployed. They would apply to people making above $80,000 a year, and rise in significant increments for people making more than $100,000, $150,000, and $200,000, in Medicare Parts B (outpatient care) and D (prescription drugs).

That stands in pretty sharp contrast to the Dem idea that people making over $1 million should foot the bill with a small tax on their second million dollars in income.

GOP Pushes Dems To Accept Medicare Cuts For Current Retirees | TPMDC

quit being such a damn hypocrite asswipe. i didn't see you bitching when obama stole 960 billion dollars from medicare and seniors. so don't try to sell you "democrats love seniors" bullshit. we don't want your love.

The Clintons are friends with the Arkansas mob. They hauled in drug money by the suitcase full while in the White House.

Bush was blamed for everything in the Universe while Obama is blameless. There's something wrong with that.

I didn't agree with a lot that Bush did, but at least he did his job. The same can't be said for Obama. He's set new standards for screwing off. Packing it in. Never taking on the tough tasks his position requires.

They've discovered that many of the signatures he used to get on the ballot in key states were falsified. He never should have won. He has a history of removing opposition with technicalities and illegal background searches. He cannot win in an honest election. His professed popularity is greatly exaggerated.

Last edited:
Dems have taken 500 billion from Medicare and then capped payments to the Doctors. Doctors can not afford it, so they are not taking any new patients who have Medicare.
Then they stopped the FICA taxes the pays for SSI and Medicare.
Like it will really help for workers to have about $20.00 measly more dollars a month.
So who really threw grandma over the cliff ? DEMS that's who.

Dems have taken 500 billion from Medicare and then capped payments to the Doctors. Doctors can not afford it, so they are not taking any new patients who have Medicare.
Like it will really help for workers to have about $20.00 measly more dollars a month.

A tax-cut is still a tax-cut regardless if the bottom-line is a negative.

*phifffft*

A tax-cut is still a tax-cut regardless if the bottom-line is a negative.

*phifffft*

It's not a tax cut. It's defunding the workers retirement insurance.
FICA should never be called a tax.

The Clintons are friends with the Arkansas mob. They hauled in drug money by the suitcase full while in the White House.

Bush was blamed for everything in the Universe while Obama is blameless. There's something wrong with that.

I didn't agree with a lot that Bush did, but at least he did his job. The same can't be said for Obama. He's set new standards for screwing off. Packing it in. Never taking on the tough tasks his position requires.

They've discovered that many of the signatures he used to get on the ballot in key states were falsified. He never should have won. He has a history of removing opposition with technicalities and illegal background searches. He cannot win in an honest election. His professed popularity is greatly exaggerated.

tinfoilhatsmile.gif

You are misinformed.

Health Care Reform Does Not Cut Medicare Benefits || CMA

I don't know who "they" are, but "they" lied.

Forum List

Back