Dems propose national ID card.

How long before this "biometric social security card" is used for national healthcare status, welfare, medical history, etc?

Can we get some high/lows?

Charlie "Real Estate King" Rangel proposed the draft whe he thought it would sitr up shit against the Iraq war. You can't take thse fartsniffs at their word.
Only, they have full control of Congress.

I thought the Healthcare Bill was a joke, and they passed it anyway!

Its amusing how the right is always in favor of anything that would beef up national security - just so long as it doesn't affect THEM personally. Its OK to torture Arabs - but not OK to issue me an ID card!

Its amusing how the right is always in favor of anything that would beef up national security - just so long as it doesn't affect THEM personally. Its OK to torture Arabs - but not OK to issue me an ID card!
Likewise, it is a horrible crime to make Taliban fighters uncomfortable in prison, but perfectly OK to track the employment and healthcare histories of the entire nation in a massive federal database.

If we're truly serious about dealing with the illegal alien problem, then I really don't see much choice but to impose a national ID system for citizens.

And like most of you, I am extremely uncomfortable living in a society where the local cops can come up to you and demand."

Papers? You haf papers?

Our society is based on the premise that we cannot be stopped by cops without REASONABLE CAUSE.​

And that is, I think, why people are so upset about the latest AZ laws, too.​

It appears to give the cops license to stop you without CAUSE.​

But but but...

A dark complexion and a Mexican flag bumper sticker ARE cause. :lol:

Considering the number of illegal Hispanics in this country, I would say the flag might be cause. How many American's put Mexican flag stickers on their car?

I for one am upset at the number of people flying Mexican flags, or the American flag upside down, or burning the American flag while others around them are carrying the Mexican flag. Of course carrying a Mexican flag and no American flag doesn't mean you are illegal, it just means you are a jerk.

You carry an American flag on the streets of Mexico and you get arrested and sent home.

Just so we are clear, the Republicans endorsed/proposed/lusted after a national ID card even earlier than the Dems. It was on the table as part of the Patriot Act/Homeland Security/INS Reform Legislation after 9/11.

On balance I say micro-chip everyone. I am terrified of all illegal aliens, ordinary criminals, foreign terrorists, domestic terrorists, etc. and frankly, I think "privacy" is a thing of the past anyway.

Why the fuck aren't Tea Baggers rioting in the streets to force the Republican Party to stand up against illegal aliens?

Last edited:
Why the fuck aren't Tea Baggers rioting in the streets to force the Republican Party to stand up against illegal aliens?
They are, but our unbiased MSM does not believe it is newsworthy.

Why, just yesterday...

ANTI-AMNESTY, PRO-LAW & ORDER RALLY, MAY 1 AT 3:00 P.M., 5400 BLOCK OF BELLAIRE BL. | North Houston Tea Party Patriots

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68NZKxNxFX0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68NZKxNxFX0[/ame]

Of course, the illegals are protesting, too...

Last edited:
Well, bless their hearts. I guess 99% of Tea Baggers are really patriots after all.

TeaPartyPatriotTeaBag-2.gif

Now I kinda sorta wanna hang with Tea Baggers myself. Ahm feelin' da love.

pagan-heart-welcoming.jpg

If you can't see the difference between protecting Americans from intruders who want to kill them, and forcing them to purchase items which allows the government to intrude upon them, you are a piece of shit.

I was going to say clueless, but I decided that wasn't accurate. If you don't get it, you're just a piece of shit who really doesn't deserve to be able to pursue life, liberty and happiness.

If you can't see the difference between protecting Americans from intruders who want to kill them, and forcing them to purchase items which allows the government to intrude upon them, you are a piece of shit.

I was going to say clueless, but I decided that wasn't accurate. If you don't get it, you're just a piece of shit who really doesn't deserve to be able to pursue life, liberty and happiness.

AllieBaba, I am not unsympathetuc to the reaction most seem to have to National ID cards, biometric databases, etc. It does suck to have our privacy diminished...but we cannot isolate all "potentially dangerous people" and only micro-chip them, yanno?

In a balancing of the needs/wants, I happen to come down on the side of feeling safer. But I am law-abiding and fussy older lady who's afraid of the sound of leaves rustling on trees. I realize others may have higher risk tolerances.

I already carry several ID cards and am required to present them occaisionally to prove my identity

With one National card (who cares if it issued by the state of federal government) it could provide undeniable biometric proof who I am. I could use it to verify my identity for employment, check cashing, credit cards and also serve as a drivers license, social security card, passport.

Like I said, I've carried a Federal issued ID since i was 18 years old. My fingerprints are on file with the FBI and NSA. I wouldn't doubt that the CIA has them also. And I could care less. I haven't a clue what information is encoded on my Military ID card, and again being a law abiding citizen I don't care.

How long before this "biometric social security card" is used for national healthcare status, welfare, medical history, etc?

Can we get some high/lows?

I see your point...

So when I go to a doctor, he could automatically download my medical history. If an ambulance comes they can find out about any alergies or other medical issues. A pharmacist could find out what other prescriptions I may be taking

I can see why I wouldn't want that

Give me a National ID Card. Let it

1. Prove I am a citizen
2. Stop Identity theft
3. Contain my medical information
4. Start my car
5. Open my front door
6. Serve as a passport
7. Replace my credit cards
8. Access my bank account

I now have to carry just one card

1. Prove I am a citizen
2. Stop Identity theft
4. Start my car
5. Open my front door
6. Serve as a passport

That technology is already here.

1. Prove I am a citizen
2. Stop Identity theft
4. Start my car
5. Open my front door
6. Serve as a passport

That technology is already here.

I know...it is not difficult and replaces dozens of cards that can be lost, stolen or duplicated

Last edited:

Forum List

Back