Dems propose national ID card.

Bullshit. We have done everything we can to make it easy to become naturalized, or at least legal.

They're breaking the law. The ones who have been here for a long time have been breaking the law for a long time.

yes they have Allie.....but you will get some strong resistance to kick those ones out of the country....i have seen this first hand out here.....i see people saying something has got to be done.....but they seem to feel some of these people have become to ingrained here and their opinion seems to change with these people.....its like boot the short timers but let the long timers stay ...but they should have to pay for the "free" ride they have had......hey just telling you how many people in a State with the most of these people feel....of course a hell of a lot are of Latino descent.....

I've carried a Federal ID card since I was 18 years old. I have never had a problem with a National ID. Fact is If it will send some illegals packing I'll be first in line to get it.

I'm with you on this Ollie

What is wrong with carrying a card that can't be faked?

Prevents illegals from getting jobs, stops ID theft, can be used instead of a passport and drivers license

Only if you have to show it to vote.

All the while, pissing and moaning about arresting illegals:

"Democratic leaders have proposed requiring every worker in the nation to carry a national identification card with biometric information, such as a fingerprint, within the next six years, according to a draft of the measure.

The proposal is one of the biggest differences between the newest immigration reform proposal and legislation crafted by late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

The national ID program would be titled the Believe System, an acronym for Biometric Enrollment, Locally stored Information and Electronic Verification of Employment.

It would require all workers across the nation to carry a card with a digital encryption key that would have to match work authorization databases.

“The cardholder’s identity will be verified by matching the biometric identifier stored within the microprocessing chip on the card to the identifier provided by the cardholder that shall be read by the scanner used by the employer,” states the Democratic legislative proposal.

The American Civil Liberties Union, a civil liberties defender often aligned with the Democratic Party, wasted no time in blasting the plan.

“Creating a biometric national ID will not only be astronomically expensive, it will usher government into the very center of our lives. Every worker in America will need a government permission slip in order to work. And all of this will come with a new federal bureaucracy — one that combines the worst elements of the DMV and the TSA,” said Christopher Calabrese, ACLU legislative counsel."

Dems spark alarm with call for national ID card - TheHill.com

If we're truly serious about dealing with the illegal alien problem, then I really don't see much choice but to impose a national ID system for citizens.

And like most of you, I am extremely uncomfortable living in a society where the local cops can come up to you and demand."

Papers? You haf papers?

Our society is based on the premise that we cannot be stopped by cops without REASONABLE CAUSE.​

And that is, I think, why people are so upset about the latest AZ laws, too.​

It appears to give the cops license to stop you without CAUSE.​

"Democratic leaders have proposed requiring every worker in the nation to carry a national identification card with biometric information, such as a fingerprint, within the next six years, according to a draft of the measure.

The proposal is one of the biggest differences between the newest immigration reform proposal and legislation crafted by late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

The national ID program would be titled the Believe System, an acronym for Biometric Enrollment, Locally stored Information and Electronic Verification of Employment.

It would require all workers across the nation to carry a card with a digital encryption key that would have to match work authorization databases.

“The cardholder’s identity will be verified by matching the biometric identifier stored within the microprocessing chip on the card to the identifier provided by the cardholder that shall be read by the scanner used by the employer,” states the Democratic legislative proposal.

The American Civil Liberties Union, a civil liberties defender often aligned with the Democratic Party, wasted no time in blasting the plan.

“Creating a biometric national ID will not only be astronomically expensive, it will usher government into the very center of our lives. Every worker in America will need a government permission slip in order to work. And all of this will come with a new federal bureaucracy — one that combines the worst elements of the DMV and the TSA,” said Christopher Calabrese, ACLU legislative counsel."

If we're truly serious about dealing with the illegal alien problem, then I really don't see much choice but to impose a national ID system for citizens.

And like most of you, I am extremely uncomfortable living in a society where the local cops can come up to you and demand."

Papers? You haf papers?

Our society is based on the premise that we cannot be stopped by cops without REASONABLE CAUSE.​

But but but...

A dark complexion and a Mexican flag bumper sticker ARE cause. :lol:

Papers? You haf papers?

appears being the primary word there. The wording of the bill is that they can't stop you unless you are engaging in suspicious behavior.

Papers? You haf papers?

But but but...

A dark complexion and a Mexican flag bumper sticker ARE cause. :lol:

Considering the number of illegal Hispanics in this country, I would say the flag might be cause. How many American's put Mexican flag stickers on their car?

I for one am upset at the number of people flying Mexican flags, or the American flag upside down, or burning the American flag while others around them are carrying the Mexican flag. Of course carrying a Mexican flag and no American flag doesn't mean you are illegal, it just means you are a jerk.

You carry an American flag on the streets of Mexico and you get arrested and sent home.

Considering the number of illegal Hispanics in this country, I would say the flag might be cause. How many American's put Mexican flag stickers on their car?

Plenty of legal Americans of Mexican heritage have Mexican flags. Just like the Irish, Italians, Puerto Ricans, Lithuanians, etc.

Displaying a foreign flag is not sufficient cause for anything unless you're a bigotted, xenophobic asshole. No offense.

I guess the police should stop everyone with a dancing bears sticker on their car and search it for drugs. I mean, how many Grateful Dead fans are there that dont' get high? :rolleyes:

I for one am upset at the number of people flying Mexican flags, or the American flag upside down, or burning the American flag while others around them are carrying the Mexican flag. Of course carrying a Mexican flag and no American flag doesn't mean you are illegal, it just means you are a jerk.

Your hypersensitivity is simply not valid justification for greater infringments on individual liberty.

You carry an American flag on the streets of Mexico and you get arrested and sent home.

Most likely complete bullshit. But even if true, so what? We are not Mexico. Are you suggesting that you want to live in a place like Mexico?

You already have a nearly national ID card. Driver's License. One day, some bureaucrat is going to decide we need to have a National Driver's License. I'm just waiting to get that number tattooed on my forehead and with Owe Bama in charge that may come at any day...

:lol:
barcode_tattoo_07.jpg

Plenty of legal Americans of Mexican heritage have Mexican flags. Just like the Irish, Italians, Puerto Ricans, Lithuanians, etc.

Displaying a foreign flag is not sufficient cause for anything unless you're a bigotted, xenophobic asshole. No offense.

I guess the police should stop everyone with a dancing bears sticker on their car and search it for drugs. I mean, how many Grateful Dead fans are there that dont' get high? :rolleyes:

Your hypersensitivity is simply not valid justification for greater infringments on individual liberty.

Most likely complete bullshit. But even if true, so what? We are not Mexico. Are you suggesting that you want to live in a place like Mexico?

This is America, it's bad taste to fly a flag of another country without also flying the American flag above or to the right of the foreign flag. Anyone who has a sticker of a flag of another nation is suspicious. I wouldn't put an Irish flag, or an Italian flag on my car. I've often flown the American flag from my car, but then I'm American of Irish decent. I have no problem with stopping any car with a foreign flag on it an no corresponding American flag with the exception of those belonging to LEGAL diplomats.

I'm suggesting that it's unfair to give illegal aliens from Mexico more rights in this country than legal Americans visiting Mexico get in their country.

As for me being xenophobic....in my family we have Irish, blacks, Italians, Germans, Canadians, Thai, etc. The best man at our wedding is Chinese. We have many LEGAL immigrants in our country that are both family and friends....how does wanting illegals shipped out of this country make me xenophobic? Face it, allowing illegals to stay in this country is a slap in the face to everyone that immigrated legally to this nation, not to mention the millions, including our family friends, who were denied entry to this country and didn't sneak in the back way.

You already have a nearly national ID card. Driver's License. One day, some bureaucrat is going to decide we need to have a National Driver's License. I'm just waiting to get that number tattooed on my forehead and with Owe Bama in charge that may come at any day...

:lol:
barcode_tattoo_07.jpg

How can a driver's license be considered a national ID when at least 12 states give them to illegal immigrants?

While we are on the subject of an ever inceasing police state here is a proposal from Christopher Dodd's Financial Reform Bill:
Bailout Bill Would Require Banks to Track and Report Personal Checking Accounts to Feds - Big Government

Subtitle G of the Dodd discussion draft bill requires that records be maintained and reported “for each branch, automated teller machine at which deposits are accepted, and other deposit taking service facility with respect to any financial institution, the financial institution shall maintain a record of the number and dollar amounts of deposit accounts of customers.”
http://biggovernment.com/capitolcon...nd-report-personal-checking-accounts-to-feds/

Gee, seems like it was only last week the wingnuts were praising the idea of requiring ID, saying shit like, hey, you need to have a driver's license to drive right? and you have to show it?

blah blah...

Of course once the idea emerges where it might not only apply to the brown people, whoa!!!

hold your horses!!

How about EVERYONE in the US is required to carry documentation at all times proving they are legally entitled to be IN the US?

Want that?

I don't really like the idea of a national ID card, but if it would stop illegals from leeching off the system it does have a certain appeal. I do have lingering concerns about a Big Brother, Orwellian state tho'.

Instead of national ID cards, I say we just enforce the laws we have. You check suspected illegals for their status, and if they're here illegally, they get a bus trip to Tijuana.

Or better yet, divide them between San Fran, NYC, and DC.

They'll give the criminal element in DC a run for their money. Maybe the two subcultures will wipe each other out.

I'm just waiting to get that number tattooed on my forehead ...

Nah, the Mark should be easy to scan (wouldn't want any excess humanity in the process, like a person actually reading numbers), and tattoos are ill-suited to that sort of thing. The way the ink spreads under the skins means that as dermal layers are shed over the years, the lines get fatter. Not by much, but enough to interfere with the precision needed for reliable scanning. Not to mention the skin-distortion of the aging process.

Microchip implantation sounds fitting, but I wonder about their stability. I mean sure, they get pacemakers to stay put, but we're talking about something that's going to be around through formative years when the body is undergoing vast changes, and which will have to last upwards of a century. They'd probably need changing out occasionally.

Until that's ironed out, I guess cards will do.

Last edited:

We've had state issued ID cards for years now - yet the states haven't moved on to tattoos on the head.

Almost every 1st world nation has a national ID system. Yet I don't see tattoos on their heads, either.

Forum List

Back