Dems Fear Senate Majority Is At Risk:

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
Democrats Fear Their Senate Takeover Chances Dimming | RealClearPolitics

emocrats are sounding increasingly concerned about their chances of retaking control of the Senate, as Republicans demonstrate a commanding fundraising advantage and Hillary Clinton's lead narrows in key battleground races.

Although most Democrats still express confidence that they will win back the Senate majority in November, they now appear to have fewer paths to victory as wins in Ohio and even Florida look increasingly remote.

And if they do win back control, it could end up being with the narrowest of margins, even a 50-50 Senate with a Vice President Tim Kaine casting tie-breaking votes for the Democrats, if Hillary Clinton becomes president.

A key factor is the Republican money edge, which is particularly pronounced this year because some major donors, most notably the billionaire Koch Brothers, have decided to stay out of the presidential race out of distaste for Donald Trump and are pouring money into Senate races instead. Ohio, Florida, Nevada and other races are awash with cash.

Wow.....

Donald is doing it without their money. Scary.

And that money might keep the senate GOP.

It pisses me off that money is the key.

Regardless of thier tough talk, and phony air of confidence; the liberal dumrats, are shitting thier collective britches as they watch thier candidate sink lower in the polls daily. If you thought they were annoying when Hillary was winning... You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

emocrats are sounding increasingly concerned about their chances of retaking control of the Senate, as Republicans demonstrate a commanding fundraising advantage and Hillary Clinton's lead narrows in key battleground races.

Although most Democrats still express confidence that they will win back the Senate majority in November, they now appear to have fewer paths to victory as wins in Ohio and even Florida look increasingly remote.

And if they do win back control, it could end up being with the narrowest of margins, even a 50-50 Senate with a Vice President Tim Kaine casting tie-breaking votes for the Democrats, if Hillary Clinton becomes president.

A key factor is the Republican money edge, which is particularly pronounced this year because some major donors, most notably the billionaire Koch Brothers, have decided to stay out of the presidential race out of distaste for Donald Trump and are pouring money into Senate races instead. Ohio, Florida, Nevada and other races are awash with cash.

Wow.....

They have to make it sound like things are dire. Otherwise they won't get the voter turnout they need.

Voter motivation is very low this cycle. I've been predicting for years that this election will have the lowest turnout for a Presidential election since 1924.

If the already less than motivated Democratic voters believe Hillary has a lock on the election, they won't turn out in the numbers needed to actually win.

Low voter turnout always favors the Republicans.

Wow.....

They have to make it sound like things are dire. Otherwise they won't get the voter turnout they need.

Voter motivation is very low this cycle. I've been predicting for years that this election will have the lowest turnout for a Presidential election since 1924.

If the already less than motivated Democratic voters believe Hillary has a lock on the election, they won't turn out in the numbers needed to actually win.

I doubt many democrats will show up to vote....their party is in complete collapse....

The expression "low information voters" was coined to describe Republicans.

The Left "coins" a lot of phrases...for their low information lackeys. One way to identify low information voters is to measure the voting uniformity of various groups, which indicates a herd mentality rather than individual knowledge. Which political party benefits more from these voting patterns?

Wow.....

I always appreciated your perspective.

Thanks.

It doesn't bother you that Hillary will spend $1 billion, does it? Besides, the key to Democrats winning Senate seats is election fraud. Just ask Al Franken.

I don't recall saying that Hillary spending 1 billion does not bother me.

If that turns the election, then the election is essentially bought.

That pisses me off.

Forum List

Back