Dems Boo and Heckle Bush in 2005

Here's the thing though.

I'm relatively sure that Mr Wilson genuinely thought that Mr Obama was in fact lying, (at least I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) and that Mr Obama genuinely had no idea what Wilson was talking about.

The reason is one of semantics.

Mr Obama was stating that the Bill stated the government would not be providing health insurance to Illegals, as in: The government will not be giving insurance to illegals using taxpayer money to pay for it. That is a true statement.

However, I believe Mr Wilson's interpretation of what Mr Obama said was: The government will not be providing health insurance to illegals, in any way, including denying illegals the option to BUY health insurance at normal rates.

Though, why anyone would want to deny illegals the ability to actually pay for their health coverage as opposed to leaching off the system is beyond me.

However, if one were to look at it this way, both men could be telling the truth as they saw it.

Which still doesn't excuse Wilson's action, however, as I stated earlier, Mr Wilson's immediate apology did go a long way in my eyes.

Which still doesn't excuse Wilson's action, however, as I stated earlier, Mr Wilson's immediate apology did go a long way in my eyes.
It did for me at first too.

I even gave him kudos earlier in the thread.

Until I heard his comment on how and why he apologized. He did it 'cause he was forced to. He didn't have a choice, more or less, and the words I heard from him after went a long way to taking back my kudo's/

Until I heard his comment on how and why he apologized. He did it 'cause he was forced to. He didn't have a choice, more or less, and the words I heard from him after went a long way to taking back my kudo's/

Wow, seriously?

What an asshole. :cuckoo:

Wow, seriously?

What an asshole. :cuckoo:
Asshole, squared.

House Democrats to Wilson: Apologize or Face Censure

Democrats had threatened to censure Rep. Joe Wilson unless he apologized on the House floor for accusing President Obama of lying during his address to a joint session of Congress. Wilson refused to do so.

Look at the source: House Democrats to Wilson: Apologize or Face Censure - Political News - FOXNews.com

Hey paper he was in the hosue, all those old farts in the senate would have known better
Yes, He was in the House, THESE rules still apply - and HE should have known better:

RULES OF DECORUM & DEBATE IN THE HOUSE

MEMBERS MUST:

* Address themselves solely and directly to the Chair. They may not address other Members, individuals in the gallery, or persons who might be observing through the media.
* Refer to Members by state, not by name.
* Avoid characterizing another Member’s personal intent or motives and discussing personalities.
* Refrain from speaking disrespectfully of the Speaker, other Members, the President or Vice President.
* Refrain from referring to the official conduct of other Members where such conduct is not under consideration by way of a report of the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct or as a question of the privilege of the House.
* Refrain from referring to the specific votes of particular Senators.
* Refrain from using profane or vulgar language.
* Avoid walking in the well when a Member is speaking.
* Ensure that all handouts distributed on the floor or adjacent rooms comport with the rules of propriety for spoken words, and that all handouts bear the name of the authorizing Member.
* Refrain from eating, smoking, or using electronic equipment, including cellular phones or lap top computers, on the floor.
* Wear appropriate business attire.
NOTE —Debate which violates the rules of decorum may result in a Member’s words being taken down.
Also, this:
Categories of Unparliamentary Speech
* Defaming or degrading the House
* Criticism of the Speaker’s personal conduct
* Impugning the motives of another Member
* Charging falsehood or deception
* Claiming lack of intelligence or knowledge
* References to race, creed, or prejudice
* Charges related to loyalty or patriotism

Democrats booed Bush? Was this before or after:

WMD's not found
Good Job Brownie

Just curious?

what difference does it make? it's just as boorish as the asshat from SC last night. i'm sick of people on both sides saying, "but, but,but they did it too!" like some whining fucking three year old.

grow up.

The difference is that Obama didn't lie. The health care plan does exclude immigrants.

However, any sick person, citizen or not, can go to an emergency room. By law, they can't be denied. Americans are not "a-holes" turning away a sick person no matter who they are.

Unless, is that what Republicans are saying? Is it? Could you tell a parent with a sick child that the kid will just have to die? Is it that easy? I couldn't do it.

And you, with a dirty potty mouth, calling me names? Don't you know name calling is, well, childish?

Here, this is something you will understand. "Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you, like glue".

The rulez:

When a Republican does "it," whatever "it" is, the Democratics assure us that "it" is the vilest and most loathesome breach of civility, integrity, legality, etc., ever, in the history of the Republic!

When a Democratic does "it," whatever "it" is, the Democratics assure us that "it" is not really a big deal and that the Republicans are merely being hypocritical, disingenuous and dishonest.

-- These Rulez are Endorsed by President Barack Hussein Obama and the leadership of the liberal Democrat Parody!

Yeah RIIIIGHT, kind of like how a democrat (clinton) lied under oath and the righties proclaimed that perjury (which clinton did NOT commit) was a high crime and he deserved to go to jail.

yet when a righty (scooter) is tried and convicted of perjury the righties scream and cry that his punishment is too harsh.

LOL

Or how about when democrats spoke out against bush and were called tratorous and un-American

However, now that conservatives are speaking out against obama it's the patriotic thing to do.

BTW I wonder what republcians said about the jeers directed at W back then and if they are even remotely close to what the righties are saying now??

President Clinton did lie under oath. YOUR belief or disbelief in that FACT is irrelevant. DNA trumps you entirely.

The "evidence" that Scooter Libby's incorrect statements were "lies" is ridiculous and it required a "trial" in DC to obtain a conviction. He shouldn't have been convicted and shouldn't have been tried and shouldn't have been "charged" in the first place.

I happen to agree (but only for very strict technical reasons) that Pres. Clinton's lie under oath failed to qualify as "perjury," but the distinction is razor thin. He was still deliberately lying IN a Court proceeding and that pretty much does obstruct justice.

I deem the rest of your post to be mere babbling by you.

Did I miss the part where some Democrat ass hat stood up and called Bush a liar?

No, because it didn't happen. It's pretty funny to hear them make this argument though, after going on for years claiming Democrats were disrespecting the office of the president for daring to be critical of his comments.

Thing is? I'm GLAD Joe Wilson shouted the truth about OBAMA. Obama garners ZERO respect.

It appears Mr. Wilson may be enjoying some hero status in the making.

Developing...

Yeah...people are donating to his campaign in droves. He had the COURAGE to call out Obama.

Haven't seen or heard anything about that. His opponent got a ton of donations though.

Did I miss the part where some Democrat ass hat stood up and called Bush a liar?

LOL! When you find the nastiness towards Obama in everyday dealings, officially and non, let me know. OTOH, I was lost with Bush in last term. Still, like Obama the presidency should be respected, but doubt you stood up then, so why would you expect others to do so now?

Truth is, our country needs a healer, Obama isn't it, quite the contrary.

This almost deserves its own thread, but there are already too many Wilson threads.
Why we don't heckle the president

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- When I worked in the House of Representatives in the mid-'90s, Congressional Republicans grew enamored of the idea of replicating the tradition of "Question Time" that was popular in the British House of Commons.

C-SPAN had just started broadcasting "Question Time", where the British prime minister thrusts and parries with colleagues on the other side of the aisle, while hoping for supportive statements from those on his side of the aisle.

It seemed like a lot of fun, most of all because the party out of power could show their disdain for the government's leader in no uncertain terms, and best of all, face-to-face.

The proposal to do an American-style question time, with Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich as the principal antagonists, died, mostly because the president had little interest in subjecting himself to that kind of ridicule on a weekly basis.

I thought of that episode in congressional history when I heard the immortal words of Joe Wilson, who impolitely called the president a liar Thursday evening. Unlike in the House of Commons, where the governing minister is part of the parliamentary body, in America, the president represents both the government and something more exalted.

While Congress is the first branch named in the Constitution, the president is the commander-in-chief, the leader of the country, and in many unspoken ways treated as a king.

More: Commentary: Why we don't heckle the president - CNN.com

Forum List

Back