Dems Boo and Heckle Bush in 2005

President Clinton did lie under oath. YOUR belief or disbelief in that FACT is irrelevant. DNA trumps you entirely.

The "evidence" that Scooter Libby's incorrect statements were "lies" is ridiculous and it required a "trial" in DC to obtain a conviction. He shouldn't have been convicted and shouldn't have been tried and shouldn't have been "charged" in the first place.

I happen to agree (but only for very strict technical reasons) that Pres. Clinton's lie under oath failed to qualify as "perjury," but the distinction is razor thin. He was still deliberately lying IN a Court proceeding and that pretty much does obstruct justice.

I deem the rest of your post to be mere babbling by you.

Actually, President Clinton signed an affidavit that he "didn't have sex with that woman". Remember, Republicans spent more than forty million dollars of taxpayer money and thousands of man hours to get "something" on Clinton. Something, anything. Even today, some Republicans believe the Clinton's were charged with a felony over Whitewater and that was why he was impeached. But no. It was just a blowjob. The Special Prosecutor finally came to his senses and the affidavit was never used. So yes, he signed an affidavit and lied, but it was never used in court.

Funny Newt said that at exactly the same time, he was having an affair, but, except to his wife and kids and sister and employees and the family of the woman he was having the affair with, he never lied.

Now, did Bush lie? Except for Iraq and WMDs and yellow cake and a few other tiny white lies, so small that they hardly count, I was say no.

Was Newt being tried when he lied?

Was Bush even lying, much less deliberately and with full knowledge under oath?

Nope.

WMD's and Mushroom cloud threats weren't lies?

Actually, President Clinton signed an affidavit that he "didn't have sex with that woman". Remember, Republicans spent more than forty million dollars of taxpayer money and thousands of man hours to get "something" on Clinton. Something, anything. Even today, some Republicans believe the Clinton's were charged with a felony over Whitewater and that was why he was impeached. But no. It was just a blowjob. The Special Prosecutor finally came to his senses and the affidavit was never used. So yes, he signed an affidavit and lied, but it was never used in court.

Funny Newt said that at exactly the same time, he was having an affair, but, except to his wife and kids and sister and employees and the family of the woman he was having the affair with, he never lied.

Now, did Bush lie? Except for Iraq and WMDs and yellow cake and a few other tiny white lies, so small that they hardly count, I was say no.

Nope.

ya george tennant and richard clarke lied to the admin and told them it was a slam dunk......and the whole world believed them......hmmmmmmmmmm...who appointed them...

The way the House Democrats quickly dismissed the censure talk was a surprise (a pleasant one). And Obama's response was (imho) very gracious. I appreciate how he didn't try to parlay it into any political points.

VERY stark contrast.

Nope.

No they weren't lies.

The way the House Democrats quickly dismissed the censure talk was a surprise (a pleasant one). And Obama's response was (imho) very gracious. I appreciate how he didn't try to parlay it into any political points.

VERY stark contrast.

Why should he?

He has his minions to handle that for him...

They're out in full force....

The vulgar and vitriolic posters here are mere reflections of their leaders. A good example of what's WRONG with so many of today's opinion "leaders."

VERY stark contrast.

It's smarter politics to ignore it. When your opponent is tripping over themselves, don't get in the way.

Thing is? I'm GLAD Joe Wilson shouted the truth about OBAMA. Obama garners ZERO respect.

LOL you can't handle and wouldn't know the truth if it bit you.

Fact are facts and it's in the there already and none of your right wing propaganda will change that FACT.

wilson lied and you lemmings followed him off the cliff. HAHA

The rulez:

When a Republican does "it," whatever "it" is, the Democratics assure us that "it" is the vilest and most loathesome breach of civility, integrity, legality, etc., ever, in the history of the Republic!

When a Democratic does "it," whatever "it" is, the Democratics assure us that "it" is not really a big deal and that the Republicans are merely being hypocritical, disingenuous and dishonest.

-- These Rulez are Endorsed by President Barack Hussein Obama and the leadership of the liberal Democrat Parody!

Yeah RIIIIGHT, kind of like how a democrat (clinton) lied under oath and the righties proclaimed that perjury (which clinton did NOT commit) was a high crime and he deserved to go to jail.

yet when a righty (scooter) is tried and convicted of perjury the righties scream and cry that his punishment is too harsh.

LOL

Or how about when democrats spoke out against bush and were called tratorous and un-American

However, now that conservatives are speaking out against obama it's the patriotic thing to do.

BTW I wonder what republcians said about the jeers directed at W back then and if they are even remotely close to what the righties are saying now??

President Clinton did lie under oath. YOUR belief or disbelief in that FACT is irrelevant. DNA trumps you entirely.

uh ok when and where did I say that clinton did not lie under oath?? Is it your standard tactic to attack another poster and attempt to discredit them based on your own lies??

The "evidence" that Scooter Libby's incorrect statements were "lies" is ridiculous and it required a "trial" in DC to obtain a conviction. He shouldn't have been convicted and shouldn't have been tried and shouldn't have been "charged" in the first place.

LOL you offer your opinion and try to pretend it's fact. Imagine that. LOL BTW how can you be convicted of a crime if there is no trial?? There HAD to be a trial, there was and libby was CONVICTED OF PERJURY and none of your BS propaganda spin will change that FACT.

I happen to agree (but only for very strict technical reasons) that Pres. Clinton's lie under oath failed to qualify as "perjury," but the distinction is razor thin. He was still deliberately lying IN a Court proceeding and that pretty much does obstruct justice.

Actually the dsitinction is in the LAW and is NOT razor thin and what does obstruction of justice have to do with anything? Fact is that libby was convicted of excatly what clitnon was and a whole lot more that hypocritical righties once claimed were high crimes.

I deem the rest of your post to be mere babbling by you.

Yeah sure, you make a BS partisan claim and I show you specific parallels where righties have done excatly what you are talking about and your best defense is to attack me based on lies, repeat bs propaganda defenses for libby and then avoid parts that you can't think of a spin for. LOL

And THIS is one of the reasons why our country is the state it's in right now.
Perhaps you should have read the rest of the article:

Here, I'll help:

"...We stand when the president enters the room, no matter who the president is. He has his own tune when he goes anywhere. When he gives a speech, his seal is on the lectern. The president is treated with royal respect, even though he is overtly not a royal.

Ever since George Washington declined to become a king, we have established traditions that give the president all the kingly trappings.

That is why when Joe Wilson blurted out loud about the president, it was so jarring. Wilson is a very nice guy, very earnest, conscientious, hardworking and unfailingly polite. He is not one to do this sort of thing. He is not a protester, a demonstrator, a conscientious objector or a nonviolent resistor.

So when he blurted out what many other Republicans probably were thinking, he crossed an invisible but firm line of decorum on the House floor. Under House rules, you are prohibited from casting aspersions on the motivations of your colleagues. There is even a procedure for punishing those who do. You can be stripped of your right to speak for the rest of the day on the floor if your words are taken down and ruled out of order.

I don't think it's casting aspersions on MOTIVES to call someone a liar when he's, well, lying. Calling him a liar speaks nothing to his motives. It just points out the obvious. Which is that he was lying.

And yet no he wasn't LOL

Yeeeeeeahhh...

Republicans Booed Mr Obama this time around too.

Nobody complained about that. Period.

People only commented on the jackass that stood up and called Mr Obama a liar.

1st: He remained seated
2nd: He said quote "That's A Lie" not "You are a Liar"

Seems you heard and saw it differently than everyone else but your version makes it more exciting. Libs usually have a flair for the dramatic!

Very true....Libs live in fantasyland and they do have to have a vivid imagination and delusions of grandeur.

Aw poor PP, I see that you are still having issues and tranferring them onto others. LOL

Not that I am agreeing with your warped interpretation of what actually happened but a lie has to come from someone and to call the statement a lie you are in fact calling the speaker of said statement a liar.

The rulez:

When a Republican does "it," whatever "it" is, the Democratics assure us that "it" is the vilest and most loathesome breach of civility, integrity, legality, etc., ever, in the history of the Republic!

When a Democratic does "it," whatever "it" is, the Democratics assure us that "it" is not really a big deal and that the Republicans are merely being hypocritical, disingenuous and dishonest.

-- These Rulez are Endorsed by President Barack Hussein Obama and the leadership of the liberal Democrat Parody!

So, when the democrats booed Bush, what did you think of it? Were you angry?

What about when Wilson called Obama a liar? Angry?

Just let me know.

Angry? Nah...

Public disrespect of the Office of President by any congrescritter is uncool...

At least Wilson had the balls to recognize his error in judgement and apologize...

He said he was asked to apologize. You could see he didn't want to. Don't act like it was all him doing it, it wasn't.

Nope.

No they weren't lies.

Perhaps I am slow...they found those WMD's? Oh and can you explain what Iraq had to do with 9/11? Why did we go to war with Iraq right after 9/11 instead of afghanistan (and got Osama....)????

Explain that please? Oh and did they post pics of those wmd's they found, that would really help you saying they found them.

Forum List

Back