Democrats who support minimum wage don't support it for themselves....

It's simple, don't want to be in a minimum wage "career" then apply yourself. Nobody is going to pay someone 12-15 bucks an hour to flip burgers
It's amazing how the most basic facts of the economy escape you people. Right now low wage jobs significantly outnumber higher paying jobs. 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than $15, which is the wage someone can actually live off of in terms of current inflation? All of this means millions of people HAVE NO CHOICE but to accept low paying jobs. The average age of fast food workers is 29 years old. You are also stupid to assume their jobs are easy. It's a hell of a lot more than "flipping burgers". It's non stop productivity with asshole customers. I bet you wouldn't last a week.

I knew long ago to apply myself and become more than a burger flipper. You're missing the point
No I got the point. You grew up in an era where career mobility was much easier, I'm telling you that is no longer the case. Not even close.
career mobility is easy, if you have skills that people need. It doesn't take a lot of skill to hold a spatula and not burn yourself every minute. The elderly can do it, teenagers can do it, many mentally challenged people can do it, many disabled people do it. My 9 year old nephew can do it, he makes a mean burger, even melts the cheese on it.

If you want a decent job, then quit whining and go get one. No one owes you jack shit, but if you put your mind to it, I guarantee you can get one. Unless you are just plain old lazy, then you are SOL.

NRSC National Republican Senatorial Committee
Internships
Thank you for your interest in the National Republican Senatorial Committee!

The NRSC internship program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This program is designed to cultivate today's young leaders, provide additional campaign experience and prepare them for future opportunities. To apply for an internship with the NRSC at our Headquarters, please fill out and submit the application below that most matches your interests. Please note that all internships are unpaid, volunteer positions.

You might want to note the last sentence of the add.
It's OK for them because they support slave labor. Never have understood unpaid internship but it apparently looks really good on a job application later.

Internships are worked while the intern is still a student and has no hope of landing a real job at the company. The intern gains valuable experience and the company gets to take the intern for a test drive. Many interns will receive offers from these same companies after graduation, the better ones receive multiple offers and the companies compete for them driving up their salary and bonus offers. Internships are not some form of free slave labor, the interns don't accomplish that much for the company as they have no experience, the company is providing free on the job training to the intern at their cost plus the benefit of being able to list them on their resume leveraging the company's reputation. Depending on the profession internships often include social events paid for by the company, trips, celebrations, as the company's are courting them. There now you have a much better understanding of internships.

So you agree that the OP whining about democrats having unpaid interns is just more whining crap from the right wing? Either it is wrong, or it isn't. Which is it?

Don't include me in your crazy rationalizations.

It's simple, don't want to be in a minimum wage "career" then apply yourself. Nobody is going to pay someone 12-15 bucks an hour to flip burgers
It's amazing how the most basic facts of the economy escape you people. Right now low wage jobs significantly outnumber higher paying jobs. 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than $15, which is the wage someone can actually live off of in terms of current inflation? All of this means millions of people HAVE NO CHOICE but to accept low paying jobs. The average age of fast food workers is 29 years old. You are also stupid to assume their jobs are easy. It's a hell of a lot more than "flipping burgers". It's non stop productivity with asshole customers. I bet you wouldn't last a week.
So, you flip burgers, it's nothing to be ashamed of, it's honest work, but there are many ways to get better jobs. Hell, apply yourself and get your CDL, you can make 1500 a week without working over 70 hours.
Just because I know how the job works doesn't mean I currently do it you douche bag.

Internships

The NRSC internship program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This program is designed to cultivate today's young leaders, provide additional campaign experience and prepare them for future opportunities. To apply for an internship with the NRSC at our Headquarters, please fill out and submit the application below that most matches your interests. Please note that all internships are unpaid, volunteer positions.

It's OK for them because they support slave labor. Never have understood unpaid internship but it apparently looks really good on a job application later.

Internships are worked while the intern is still a student and has no hope of landing a real job at the company. The intern gains valuable experience and the company gets to take the intern for a test drive. Many interns will receive offers from these same companies after graduation, the better ones receive multiple offers and the companies compete for them driving up their salary and bonus offers. Internships are not some form of free slave labor, the interns don't accomplish that much for the company as they have no experience, the company is providing free on the job training to the intern at their cost plus the benefit of being able to list them on their resume leveraging the company's reputation. Depending on the profession internships often include social events paid for by the company, trips, celebrations, as the company's are courting them. There now you have a much better understanding of internships.

So you agree that the OP whining about democrats having unpaid interns is just more whining crap from the right wing? Either it is wrong, or it isn't. Which is it?

Well make up your silly mind. The OP is on a rant about how unpaid internships are a bad thing, and you have a very involved explanation of why unpaid internships are a good thing. You can't have it both ways.

I knew long ago to apply myself and become more than a burger flipper. You're missing the point
No I got the point. You grew up in an era where career mobility was much easier, I'm telling you that is no longer the case. Not even close.
career mobility is easy, if you have skills that people need. It doesn't take a lot of skill to hold a spatula and not burn yourself every minute. The elderly can do it, teenagers can do it, many mentally challenged people can do it, many disabled people do it. My 9 year old nephew can do it, he makes a mean burger, even melts the cheese on it.

If you want a decent job, then quit whining and go get one. No one owes you jack shit, but if you put your mind to it, I guarantee you can get one. Unless you are just plain old lazy, then you are SOL.
You are such a moron. I have a full time job with killer benefits. What I am actually talking about is the well being of the economy at large.

Internships

Well make up your silly mind. The OP is on a rant about how unpaid internships are a bad thing, and you have a very involved explanation of why unpaid internships are a good thing. You can't have it both ways.

That's between you and the OP.

So, you flip burgers, it's nothing to be ashamed of, it's honest work, but there are many ways to get better jobs. Hell, apply yourself and get your CDL, you can make 1500 a week without working over 70 hours.
Just because I know how the job works doesn't mean I currently do it you douche bag.
So you flipped burgers just long enough to draw unemployment, then quit, huh?

Probably making someone else pay your bills for you huh?

You are such a moron. I have a full time job with killer benefits. What I am actually talking about is the well being of the economy at large.
Most on here figure your full time job to be sitting at home smoking dope, you paid for on unemployment, after you quit your job at Mcdonalds. Yeah, killer benefits you got there.
:alcoholic:

Most on here figure your full time job to be sitting at home smoking dope, you paid for on unemployment, after you quit your job at Mcdonalds. Yeah, killer benefits you got there.
It's interesting how you entertain these tired stereotypes about the leftwing. I get it. Your dick is small. Automatically assuming that I am some low life mooch makes you feel superior and validated about your beliefs and thus your penis feels artificially bigger. You know who are the real low lifes? Libertarians. They expect the government to pay for everything for them because of their disdain for paying any taxes. Yeah, our infrastructure and education system is ranked one of the worst in the developed world because of mooches like you who insist on ridiculous tax cuts.

It's interesting how you entertain these tired stereotypes about the leftwing. I get it. Your dick is small. Automatically assuming that I am some low life mooch makes you feel superior and validated about your beliefs and thus your penis feels artificially bigger. You know who are the real low lifes? Libertarians. They expect the government to pay for everything for them because of their disdain for paying any taxes. Yeah, our infrastructure and education system is ranked one of the worst in the developed world because of mooches like you who insist on ridiculous tax cuts.
Liberal Democrats have substantial power over the educational system, teachers unions work for and vote Democrat.

When did McDonald's give out benefits?

Liberal Democrats have substantial power over the educational system, teachers unions work for and vote Democrat.
There is no Democrat Party, but there is a Democratic party, with balloons, I mean boob jobs...

That's because they are fine with dirt roads and they sign their checks with x's.

There is no Democrat Party, but there is a Democratic party, with balloons, I mean boob jobs...
It's a coalition party. There are some of everyone. The GOP is 90% white and you can bet there are NO liberals.

It's a coalition party. There are some of everyone. The GOP is 90% white and you can bet there are NO liberals.
And boobs....

According to Democrats, Republicans only have, "Uncle Toms" .Democrats do have party inspired looters though in their failed high unemployment, low opportunity inner cities.

I've improved on adding the, "ic" (pronounced ick) but sometimes I just don't feel like it.

Enjoy your, "boob job" but heavily the consider the penile enhancement....:itsok:

Forum List

Back