Democrats who support minimum wage don't support it for themselves....

NRSC National Republican Senatorial Committee
Internships
Thank you for your interest in the National Republican Senatorial Committee!

The NRSC internship program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This program is designed to cultivate today's young leaders, provide additional campaign experience and prepare them for future opportunities. To apply for an internship with the NRSC at our Headquarters, please fill out and submit the application below that most matches your interests. Please note that all internships are unpaid, volunteer positions.

You might want to note the last sentence of the add.

Democrats rarely practice what they preach and almost never lead by example. Reminds me of the lowlife scum lib company in Seattle who was advocating for the $15 an hour minimum wage...while...wait for it...advertising a job with their company that paid $12 an hour.

Internships

The NRSC internship program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This program is designed to cultivate today's young leaders, provide additional campaign experience and prepare them for future opportunities. To apply for an internship with the NRSC at our Headquarters, please fill out and submit the application below that most matches your interests. Please note that all internships are unpaid, volunteer positions.

It's OK for them because they support slave labor. Never have understood unpaid internship but it apparently looks really good on a job application later.

It's simple, don't want to be in a minimum wage "career" then apply yourself. Nobody is going to pay someone 12-15 bucks an hour to flip burgers

Internships

It's OK for them because they support slave labor. Never have understood unpaid internship but it apparently looks really good on a job application later.

Internships are worked while the intern is still a student and has no hope of landing a real job at the company. The intern gains valuable experience and the company gets to take the intern for a test drive. Many interns will receive offers from these same companies after graduation, the better ones receive multiple offers and the companies compete for them driving up their salary and bonus offers. Internships are not some form of free slave labor, the interns don't accomplish that much for the company as they have no experience, the company is providing free on the job training to the intern at their cost plus the benefit of being able to list them on their resume leveraging the company's reputation. Depending on the profession internships often include social events paid for by the company, trips, celebrations, as the company's are courting them. There now you have a much better understanding of internships.

Well, the liberal organization, ACORN, wanted to be exempt. They didn't even pay the protesters for causing trouble in Ferguson.

Unpaid internships are not jobs; they are vocational training.

Not hard to comprehend unless the rightwing propaganda machine has eaten away too much of your brain.

I'm not the one pushing for minimum wage increases or bitching about Wal Mart not paying their employees....if the democrats want people to have a living wage it should apply to their interns as well....right? they work long hours, and are doing actual work for the democrat politicians....but considering they don't pay women the same wages as they do men it isn't surprising is it?

Internships

Yeah Bill Clinton taught his intern well.

Internships

Internships are worked while the intern is still a student and has no hope of landing a real job at the company. The intern gains valuable experience and the company gets to take the intern for a test drive. Many interns will receive offers from these same companies after graduation, the better ones receive multiple offers and the companies compete for them driving up their salary and bonus offers. Internships are not some form of free slave labor, the interns don't accomplish that much for the company as they have no experience, the company is providing free on the job training to the intern at their cost plus the benefit of being able to list them on their resume leveraging the company's reputation. Depending on the profession internships often include social events paid for by the company, trips, celebrations, as the company's are courting them. There now you have a much better understanding of internships.

So you agree that the OP whining about democrats having unpaid interns is just more whining crap from the right wing? Either it is wrong, or it isn't. Which is it?

It's simple, don't want to be in a minimum wage "career" then apply yourself. Nobody is going to pay someone 12-15 bucks an hour to flip burgers
It's amazing how the most basic facts of the economy escape you people. Right now low wage jobs significantly outnumber higher paying jobs. 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than $15, which is the wage someone can actually live off of in terms of current inflation? All of this means millions of people HAVE NO CHOICE but to accept low paying jobs. The average age of fast food workers is 29 years old. You are also stupid to assume their jobs are easy. It's a hell of a lot more than "flipping burgers". It's non stop productivity with asshole customers. I bet you wouldn't last a week.

It's amazing how the most basic facts of the economy escape you people. Right now low wage jobs significantly outnumber higher paying jobs. 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than $15, which is the wage someone can actually live off of in terms of current inflation? All of this means millions of people HAVE NO CHOICE but to accept low paying jobs. The average age of fast food workers is 29 years old. You are also stupid to assume their jobs are easy. It's a hell of a lot more than "flipping burgers". It's non stop productivity with asshole customers. I bet you wouldn't last a week.

I knew long ago to apply myself and become more than a burger flipper. You're missing the point

I knew long ago to apply myself and become more than a burger flipper. You're missing the point
No I got the point. You grew up in an era where career mobility was much easier, I'm telling you that is no longer the case. Not even close.

No I got the point. You grew up in an era where career mobility was much easier, I'm telling you that is no longer the case. Not even close.

Sure it is....if you don't expect for the gummit to take care of you or force employers to raise wages so high they can't stay in business. One of our former babysitters just graduated college not long ago, she applied herself and now works for a very good investment firm. It can be done if one has the will to do it

I'm not the one pushing for minimum wage increases or bitching about Wal Mart not paying their employees....if the democrats want people to have a living wage it should apply to their interns as well....right? they work long hours, and are doing actual work for the democrat politicians....but considering they don't pay women the same wages as they do men it isn't surprising is it?

1. Internships are not jobs; you're an idiot.

2. Women are paid the same as men for the same jobs in the administration; you're an idiot.

You claim to be 30 and have 6 kids.

What did you become, exactly?

asshole tight fisted liberal customers is my guess.

Retail customer service jobs are typically an avenue for new young workers to break into to the work force. American business is crippled by over regulation/government involvement. Good middle-class jobs have been declining since 2007 when Harry and Pelosi took over Congress.

I doubt the American economy and middle-class opportunity will ever be restored, entitlements and interest payments on the national debt spell the end to the American dream and years of liberals whining about teenager jobs feeding a family.

Anyone that earnestly works for a living deserves respect, no matter the job.

10847804_748990948529058_540771130242553328_n.jpg

Internships

Yeah Bill Clinton taught his intern well.
It's a living.

So, you flip burgers, it's nothing to be ashamed of, it's honest work, but there are many ways to get better jobs. Hell, apply yourself and get your CDL, you can make 1500 a week without working over 70 hours.

Forum List

Back