Democrats War on Women: Blocking CIA Nominee

Water boarding is not torture...
Quit falling down the well

Tell it to Hannity
When federal government says waterboarding is torture… Muslims laugh their ass off
The rest of the world looks at us as barbarians

Bullshit...the rest of the world has looked at us as an oasis of freedom in a world full of tyranny for hundreds of years. There is a reason why we have to build walls to keep people out and other nations had to build them to keep people IN!
They used to look at us that way and emulate us
Now they look down on our lack of morality

I hate to break this to you, Winger but the breakdown of "morality" in the United States hasn't been caused by conservatives...it's been fueled by a breakdown in family structure brought on by the Nanny State...it's been furthered by a culture of "victim" hood that has made the self reliance Americans were once noted for a thing of the past!

Lol, did you miss the part where she presided over the torture of a suspect or two?

tRump is rubbing off on you guys, I'm having a hard time remeberemem the last true statement a conservative made around here.

Nah...we just dont give a shit if a terrorist is tortured.

Do we care if our soldiers are tortured?

We should act like the terrorists then?
Only a fool thinks that waterboarding is torture… quit Falling down the well
Don't be stupider than you have to be.

Waterboarding is indeed torture. The duress is so extreme subjects can and do go into cardiac arrest from the treatment.

So there's more than one positive to waterboarding?

She was the head of the secret prison, and so yeah, if people were getting tortured, she'd be the one to sign off on it or keep it from happening, her call, because she ran the joint. And, torture is against the Geneva Conventions. If we tortured our prisoners, then the other side would retaliate and torture our troops. But, because of the Geneva conventions, most (not all) don't.

And yeah, she DID use enhanced interrogation and even had tapes of it, but destroyed them when Congress asked to see them.

No, I don't think she should head the CIA.

The other side burns captured troops alive in cages you blathering idiot! You think ISIS cares about the Geneva Convention? How naive are you?

And we condemn ISIS as savages

When we revert to their level, where does that leave us?

So now waterboarding is the same thing as dousing someone with gasoline and lighting them on fire in a steel cage? Let me know when we come even CLOSE to their level, Winger!
Are you claiming that as long as the US does not douse people in gasoline and set them on fire that we have the moral high ground?

I'm simply pointing out how stupid you are when you give them a moral equivalency!

We are the good guys. At least we used to be

We set the standards of acceptable conduct for the world to emulate

Assuming the morality of terrorists let’s them win

Was she just doing her job? Following orders as they were at the time? Were the folks she was allowing to be tortured terrorists with information about 9/11? Was the operation trying to get information out of those yucks to save American lives?
I don't know, but I think so.

I guess it's nice we don't torture people anymore. I sure wouldn't want to be tortured, and we should follow the Golden Rule. Just keep in mind, people, that not everyone else is following the Golden Rule and it's a tough fucking world out there.

If Haspel had been illegally using "enhanced interrogation" techniques to acquire crucial information, I would say jail her. But that was not the case.

She was the head of the secret prison, and so yeah, if people were getting tortured, she'd be the one to sign off on it or keep it from happening, her call, because she ran the joint. And, torture is against the Geneva Conventions. If we tortured our prisoners, then the other side would retaliate and torture our troops. But, because of the Geneva conventions, most (not all) don't.

And yeah, she DID use enhanced interrogation and even had tapes of it, but destroyed them when Congress asked to see them.

The other side burns captured troops alive in cages you blathering idiot! You think ISIS cares about the Geneva Convention? How naive are you?

So now waterboarding is the same thing as dousing someone with gasoline and lighting them on fire in a steel cage? Let me know when we come even CLOSE to their level, Winger!
Are you claiming that as long as the US does not douse people in gasoline and set them on fire that we have the moral high ground?

Well yeah.
I'd say killing someone is a far greater sin.
I mean really,what would you choose if given a choice?

Tell it to Hannity
When federal government says waterboarding is torture… Muslims laugh their ass off

Bullshit...the rest of the world has looked at us as an oasis of freedom in a world full of tyranny for hundreds of years. There is a reason why we have to build walls to keep people out and other nations had to build them to keep people IN!

I hate to break this to you, Winger but the breakdown of "morality" in the United States hasn't been caused by conservatives...it's been fueled by a breakdown in family structure brought on by the Nanny State...it's been furthered by a culture of "victim" hood that has made the self reliance Americans were once noted for a thing of the past!
Bullshit

Conservatives embraced torture and still do
The “Nanny State” is irrelevant

Bullshit

Dems and their total lack of understanding when it come to human nature.

Bullshit

Republicans have no understanding of human rights

Bullshit

Do you really believe there was no torture during barry or clintons tenure?

Muslims use real torture, they laugh at waterboarding as torture... because it is not…
Why do we waterboard our soldiers if it's not torture? And if our enemies do something different? Rustic, are you ever right about ANYTHING?

It's torture...not a very extreme example of it compared to what the other side does...but it's torture.

Whenever the extremists want to stop targeting innocent civilians...then I'll accord them the same basic human rights as others. Until that day however I consider them to be less than human and will treat them as such.
I consider them to be less than human and will treat them as such
That's where you've gone wrong. Torturing the enemy because we hate them or just plain want to hurt them is wrong.
Maybe it's all wrong; a lot of people think so. I'm still processing why I hesitate on this one.

Muslims use real torture, they laugh at waterboarding as torture... because it is not…
Why do we waterboard our soldiers if it's not torture? And if our enemies do something different? Rustic, are you ever right about ANYTHING?

It's torture...not a very extreme example of it compared to what the other side does...but it's torture.

Whenever the extremists want to stop targeting innocent civilians...then I'll accord them the same basic human rights as others. Until that day however I consider them to be less than human and will treat them as such.
I consider them to be less than human and will treat them as such
That's where you've gone wrong. Torturing the enemy because we hate them or just plain want to hurt them is wrong.
Maybe it's all wrong; a lot of people think so. I'm still processing why I hesitate on this one.
Torture is dead wrong

Bullshit

Do you really believe there was no torture during barry or clintons tenure?
Absolutely

Haspel to vow CIA won't restart torture program if confirmed

Haspel to vow CIA won't restart torture program if confirmed

CIA nominee Gina Haspel plans to put concerns over her re-starting the agency's torture program to rest as her confirmation hearing with the Senate Intelligence Committee takes place Wednesday.

"I understand that what many people around the country want to know about are my views on CIA's former detention and interrogation program... I want to be clear... I can offer you my personal commitment, clearly and without reservation, that under my leadership CIA will not restart such a detention and interrogation program."
— Haspel, per excerpts from her opening statement from the CIA

If Republican’s blocked a Democratic POTUS female nominee for a cabinet post...they would scream “war on women!” So...back at you liberals and your obstruction of putting people in place to run our government is dangerous to the United States.
More than 50 intel, security officials from both parties back Gina Haspel as CIA turns over files
What part of them blocking her is because she's female?
0%
It does not matter to liberals. It’s the optics’s and giving liberal media a window to attack. GOP would be torn to pieces by bullshit liberal media if they refused a Democrat nominee.

If Republican’s blocked a Democratic POTUS female nominee for a cabinet post...they would scream “war on women!” So...back at you liberals and your obstruction of putting people in place to run our government is dangerous to the United States.
More than 50 intel, security officials from both parties back Gina Haspel as CIA turns over files
War on torture takes precedence
She will be confirmed with Democratic votes. This is why you kooks will lose in 2018. What fucking world do you idiots live in? America rejects you.

What part of them blocking her is because she's female?
0%
It does not matter to liberals. It’s the optics’s and giving liberal media a window to attack. GOP would be torn to pieces by bullshit liberal media if they refused a Democrat nominee.

Actually, the GOP refused to appoint a SC justice that Obama wanted for over a year. Wanna try again?

While I find the title of the thread hilariously funny- as a Democrat I support Gina Haspel and hope she is confirmed.

Why?

Because it is a rare example of Trump nominating someone actually qualified for the position- and someone actually qualified who has worked in American intelligence.

Maybe when she tells Trump that the Russians have been trying to subvert our elections he will believe her.

Or maybe not.
161213162857-donald-trump-cabinet-super-tease.jpg

Forum List

Back