Democrats want you to believe that they care about the middle class. Lie.

Why don't you understand that sometimes people NEED help that they can't get for themselves?

Not every problem or situation is one that someone can pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

Not all help is evul. Learn that.

I understand it. I help them. Not just by taxes - I do what you liberals should do. I get up off my conservative ass, and I volunteer. I teach them skills to help them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. See, that's what conservatives do.

So, I should infer that from your post that no liberals help the needy, and all conservatives help the needy? That all needy people simply are an instruction away from becoming productive, debt free, healthy and happy.
I luv simple solutions.

Are you aware that an alarnimgly and eye opening percentage of people whose unemployment benefits run out find a job within a week?

All those months with unemployment and they cant find a job, but as soon as the checks stop coming in they find one?

Do you think that is strictly a coincidence?

It is human nature to be less proactive when you have nothing to worry about.

Likewise, it is human nature to be proactive when you fear for your family.

Let me clarify TM

Fact: No one inviluntarily dies of starvation in AMerica. You are hungry and need food, there are many venues to get it.

Fact: If anything, Obesity is an issue amongst the poor as well as the US in general

Fact: No one ever died outside the hospital becuase the ER would not accept them due to lack of insurance

Fact: There has never been proof of an epidemic of pediatricians taking out tonsils to pad their pockets.

Fact: Before the governemnt intervened, Americans always helped Americans. It is the American way of life.

Please document the proof of your said facts.

Science is not an opinion piece.

Malnutrition is real and has real effects.

I'm so sick of the right denying science.

You redefine words for politcal purposes , rewrite history to fit your failed ideas, spew hate on higher education and refuse cold hard court documented facts.

Malnutrition is fucking real you fool.

Let me 'splain it this way. Science is fact.... how you interpret the data, how you present it and how you spin it.... those are not facts.... and actually is opinion. That's not denying science - it's refusing to be fooled in the name of 'science'. You may be sick of the right denying science - which am sure you are convinced we do... even though that is bullshit.... but equally, I am probably not the only person on the right who is sick and tired of the left manipulating science for political outcomes.... and I'm kinda sick of you lying.

So then you contend no one in the US has ever suffered from malnutrition?

There is no manipulating of sceince you just refuse to accept science that does not fit your poltical viewpoint.

Let me clarify TM

Fact: No one inviluntarily dies of starvation in AMerica. You are hungry and need food, there are many venues to get it.

Fact: If anything, Obesity is an issue amongst the poor as well as the US in general

Fact: No one ever died outside the hospital becuase the ER would not accept them due to lack of insurance

Fact: There has never been proof of an epidemic of pediatricians taking out tonsils to pad their pockets.

Fact: Before the governemnt intervened, Americans always helped Americans. It is the American way of life.

Please document the proof of your said facts.

I cant. You can not prove that something did not happen.

You can only prove if it DID happen.

Any article I find that says "there are no cases of starvation" will be deemed as opinion seeing as there are not records kept of "non happenings"...

So the burden is on you to show me I am wrong...and it should be quite simple to find articles of people that have involuntarily starved to death...if it happened.

And I am not referring to some unfortunate senior citizen that fell in her apartment and couldnt get up due to a broken hip and stayed there till she died of starvation and or dehydration.

Science is not an opinion piece.

Malnutrition is real and has real effects.

I'm so sick of the right denying science.

You redefine words for politcal purposes , rewrite history to fit your failed ideas, spew hate on higher education and refuse cold hard court documented facts.

Malnutrition is fucking real you fool.

Let me 'splain it this way. Science is fact.... how you interpret the data, how you present it and how you spin it.... those are not facts.... and actually is opinion. That's not denying science - it's refusing to be fooled in the name of 'science'. You may be sick of the right denying science - which am sure you are convinced we do... even though that is bullshit.... but equally, I am probably not the only person on the right who is sick and tired of the left manipulating science for political outcomes.... and I'm kinda sick of you lying.

There is no manipulating of sceince you just refuse to accept science that does not fit your poltical viewpoint.

I will contend that thgere is by no means a malnutrition problkem in the US based on lack of funds for food.

Yes, there is malnutrition based on poor eating habits.....but no, there are not children out there becomeing malnourished becuase they do not have access to food.

Fact: Government intervention was requested, nay demanded by the individual states and the people of America. Please brush up on your history.

Malnutrition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Effects
See also: child mortality and iodine deficiency
[edit] Mortality
According to Jean Ziegler (the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food for 2000 to March 2008), mortality due to malnutrition accounted for 58% of the total mortality in 2006: "In the world, approximately 62 million people, all causes of death combined, die each year. One in twelve people worldwide is malnourished.[12] In 2006, more than 36 million died of hunger or diseases due to deficiencies in micronutrients"[13].

According to the World Health Organization, malnutrition is by far the biggest contributor to child mortality, present in half of all cases.[3] Underweight births and inter-uterine growth restrictions cause 2.2 million child deaths a year. Poor or non-existent breastfeeding causes another 1.4 million. Other deficiencies, such as lack of vitamin A or zinc, for example, account for 1 million. According to The Lancet, malnutrition in the first two years is irreversible. Malnourished children grow up with worse health and lower educational achievements. Their own children also tend to be smaller. Malnutrition was previously seen as something that exacerbates the problems of diseases as measles, pneumonia and diarrhea. But malnutrition actually causes diseases as well, and can be fatal in its own right.[3]

[edit] Illness
Malnutrition increases the risk of infection and infectious disease; for example, it is a major risk factor in the onset of active tuberculosis.[14] In communities or areas that lack access to safe drinking water, these additional health risks present a critical problem. Lower energy and impaired function of the brain also represent the downward spiral of malnutrition as victims are less able to perform the tasks they need to in order to acquire food, earn an income, or gain an education.

Nutrients Deficiency Excess
Food energy Starvation, Marasmus Obesity, diabetes mellitus, Cardiovascular disease
Simple carbohydrates none diabetes mellitus, Obesity
Complex carbohydrates none Obesity
Saturated fat low sex hormone levels [15] Cardiovascular disease
Trans fat none Cardiovascular Disease
Unsaturated fat none Obesity
Fat Malabsorption of Fat-soluble vitamins, Rabbit Starvation (If protein intake is high) Cardiovascular Disease (claimed by some)
Omega 3 Fats Cardiovascular Disease Bleeding, Haemorrhages
Omega 6 Fats none Cardiovascular Disease, Cancer
Cholesterol none Cardiovascular disease
Protein kwashiorkor Rabbit starvation
Sodium hyponatremia Hypernatremia, hypertension
Iron Anemia Cirrhosis, heart disease
Iodine Goiter, hypothyroidism Iodine Toxicity (goiter, hypothyroidism)
Vitamin A Xerophthalmia and Night Blindness, low testosterone levels Hypervitaminosis A (cirrhosis, hair loss)
Vitamin B1 Beri-Beri
Vitamin B2 Cracking of skin and Corneal Ulceration
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) Pellagra dyspepsia, cardiac arrhythmias, birth defects
Vitamin B12 Pernicious anemia
Vitamin C Scurvy diarrhea causing dehydration
Vitamin D Rickets Hypervitaminosis D (dehydration, vomiting, constipation)
Vitamin E nervous disorders Hypervitaminosis E (anticoagulant: excessive bleeding)
Vitamin K Haemorrhage
Calcium Osteoporosis, tetany, carpopedal spasm, laryngospasm, cardiac arrhythmias Fatigue, depression, confusion, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, constipation, pancreatitis, increased urination
Magnesium Hypertension Weakness, nausea, vomiting, impaired breathing, and hypotension
Potassium Hypokalemia, cardiac arrhythmias Hyperkalemia, palpitations

[edit] Psychological
According to the Lancet, Malnutrition, in the form of iodine deficiency, is "the most common preventable cause of mental impairment worldwide."[16] Even moderate iodine deficiency, especially in pregnant women and infants, lowers intelligence by 10 to 15 I.Q. points, shaving incalculable potential off a nation’s development.[16] The most visible and severe effects — disabling goiters, cretinism and dwarfism — affect a tiny minority, usually in mountain villages. But 16 percent of the world’s people have at least mild goiter, a swollen thyroid gland in the neck.[16]

Research indicates that improving the awareness of nutritious meal choices and establishing long-term habits of healthy eating has a positive effect on a cognitive and spatial memory capacity, potentially increasing a student's potential to process and retain academic information.

Some organizations have begun working with teachers, policymakers, and managed foodservice contractors to mandate improved nutritional content and increased nutritional resources in school cafeterias from primary to university level institutions. Health and nutrition have been proven to have close links with overall educational success.[17] Currently less than 10% of American college students report that they eat the recommended five servings of fruit and vegetables daily.[18] Better nutrition has been shown to have an impact on both cognitive and spatial memory performance; a study showed those with higher blood sugar levels performed better on certain memory tests.[19] In another study, those who consumed yogurt performed better on thinking tasks when compared to those who consumed caffeine free diet soda or confections.[20] Nutritional deficiencies have been shown to have a negative effect on learning behavior in mice as far back as 1951.[21]

"Better learning performance is associated with diet induced effects on learning and memory ability".[22]
The "nutrition-learning nexus" demonstrates the correlation between diet and learning and has application in a higher education setting.

"We find that better nourished children perform significantly better in school, partly because they enter school earlier and thus have more time to learn but mostly because of greater learning productivity per year of schooling."[23]
91% of college students feel that they are in good health while only 7% eat their recommended daily allowance of fruits and vegetables.[18]
Nutritional education is an effective and workable model in a higher education setting.[24][25]
More "engaged" learning models that encompass nutrition is an idea that is picking up steam at all levels of the learning cycle.[26]
There is limited research available that directly links a student's Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) to their overall nutritional health. Additional substantive data is needed to prove that overall intellectual health is closely linked to a person's diet, rather than just another correlation fallacy.

Nutritional supplement treatment may be appropriate for major depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and obsessive compulsive disorder, the four most common mental disorders in developed countries.[27] Supplements that have been studied most for mood elevation and stabilization include eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid (each of which are an omega-3 fatty acid contained in fish oil, but not in flaxseed oil), vitamin B12, folic acid, and inositol.

[edit] Cancer
Cancer is now common in developing countries. According a study by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, "In the developing world, cancers of the liver, stomach and esophagus were more common, often linked to consumption of carcinogenic preserved foods, such as smoked or salted food, and parasitic infections that attack organs." Lung cancer rates are rising rapidly in poorer nations because of increased use of tobacco. Developed countries "tended to have cancers linked to affluence or a 'Western lifestyle' — cancers of the colon, rectum, breast and prostate — that can be caused by obesity, lack of exercise, diet and age."[28]

[edit] Metabolic syndrome
Several lines of evidence indicate lifestyle-induced hyperinsulinemia and reduced insulin function (i.e. insulin resistance) as a decisive factor in many disease states. For example, hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance are strongly linked to chronic inflammation, which in turn is strongly linked to a variety of adverse developments such as arterial microinjuries and clot formation (i.e. heart disease) and exaggerated cell division (i.e. cancer). Hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance (the so-called metabolic syndrome) are characterized by a combination of abdominal obesity, elevated blood sugar, elevated blood pressure, elevated blood triglycerides, and reduced HDL cholesterol. The negative impact of hyperinsulinemia on prostaglandin PGE1/PGE2 balance may be significant.

The state of obesity clearly contributes to insulin resistance, which in turn can cause type 2 diabetes. Virtually all obese and most type 2 diabetic individuals have marked insulin resistance. Although the association between overweight and insulin resistance is clear, the exact (likely multifarious) causes of insulin resistance remain less clear. Importantly, it has been demonstrated that appropriate exercise, more regular food intake and reducing glycemic load (see below) all can reverse insulin resistance in overweight individuals (and thereby lower blood sugar levels in those who have type 2 diabetes).

Obesity can unfavourably alter hormonal and metabolic status via resistance to the hormone leptin, and a vicious cycle may occur in which insulin/leptin resistance and obesity aggravate one another. The vicious cycle is putatively fuelled by continuously high insulin/leptin stimulation and fat storage, as a result of high intake of strongly insulin/leptin stimulating foods and energy. Both insulin and leptin normally function as satiety signals to the hypothalamus in the brain; however, insulin/leptin resistance may reduce this signal and therefore allow continued overfeeding despite large body fat stores. In addition, reduced leptin signalling to the brain may reduce leptin's normal effect to maintain an appropriately high metabolic rate.

There is a debate about how and to what extent different dietary factors— such as intake of processed carbohydrates, total protein, fat, and carbohydrate intake, intake of saturated and trans fatty acids, and low intake of vitamins/minerals—contribute to the development of insulin and leptin resistance. In any case, analogous to the way modern man-made pollution may potentially overwhelm the environment's ability to maintain homeostasis, the recent explosive introduction of high glycemic index and processed foods into the human diet may potentially overwhelm the body's ability to maintain homeostasis and health (as evidenced by the metabolic syndrome epidemic).

[edit] Hyponatremia
Excess water intake, without replenishment of sodium and potassium salts, leads to hyponatremia, which can further lead to water intoxication at more dangerous levels. A well-publicized case occurred in 2007, when Jennifer Strange died while participating in a water-drinking contest.[29] More usually, the condition occurs in long-distance endurance events (such as marathon or triathlon competition and training) and causes gradual mental dulling, headache, drowsiness, weakness, and confusion; extreme cases may result in coma, convulsions, and death. The primary damage comes from swelling of the brain, caused by increased osmosis as blood salinity decreases. Effective fluid replacement techniques include Water aid stations during running/cycling races, trainers providing water during team games such as Soccer and devices such as Camel Baks which can provide water for a person without making it too hard to drink the water.

That's a lot.

Where does it say; "In America the death rate for malnurishment is......."?

Fact: Government intervention was requested, nay demanded by the individual states and the people of America. Please brush up on your history.

Exactly where did I say that was not the case? Government represents the people...so if you prefer, next time I can say it this way....

"before the American People asked that the government intervene, and the government followed by doing so, Americans always helped Americans. It is the American Way"....

But it sort of seems a little silly and verbose.....

I am actually well versed in history, but I appreciate your opinion.

Just not sure what I said that warranted your little "dig"

Uh...TM.....I watch the news. I am a business owner. I know there are many people unemployed and I know there are many people that do not have an income.

My point is, with or without government intervention, people do not starve in the US. They may have food "insecurity" but they always have access to food...via kitcvhens, churches, temples, etc.....

Mine was a statement about starvation and malnutrition...they do not exist in the US due to lack of food....people always have access to food if they need.

Your "proof" talks about those that have "food insecirty" which is a fancy name for "not being able to provide food on ones own"....

I will contend that thgere is by no means a malnutrition problkem in the US based on lack of funds for food.

Yes, there is malnutrition based on poor eating habits.....but no, there are not children out there becomeing malnourished becuase they do not have access to food.

imho, almost every case of malnutrition in the US can be traced not to a lack of food, but to an obscene overabundance of certain foods - foods produced with the ingredients the government most heavily subsidizes and promotes with awful agricultural policies.

There is a reason that we are one of the few nations on earth where weight is negatively correlated to income. Our poorest also tend to be our heaviest because our least expensive foods are manufactured, fat-and-corn laden nutritionless pre-wrapped bundles of crap. The healthiest foods, on the other hand, are far out of reach for most lower-middle income Americans short of planting their own garden or participating in a CSA-type arrangement. We pay for all that cheap food with expensive medical bills.

It's really a bit of sick irony.

Last edited:
Zero Hedge reported:
Tonight’s stunning financial piece de resistance comes from Wyatt Emerich of The Cleveland Current. In what is sure to inspire some serious ire among all those who once believed Ronald Reagan that it was the USSR that was the “Evil Empire”, Emmerich analyzes disposable income and economic benefits among several key income classes and comes to the stunning (and verifiable) conclusion that “a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year.” And that excludes benefits from Supplemental Security Income disability checks. America is now a country which punishes those middle-class people who not only try to work hard, but avoid scamming the system. Not surprisingly, it is not only the richest and most audacious thieves that prosper – it is also the penny scammers at the very bottom of the economic ladder that rip off the middle class each and every day, courtesy of the world’s most generous entitlement system. Perhaps if Reagan were alive today, he would wish to modify the object of his once legendary remark.
From Emmerich:
You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.
My chart tells the story.

The Republican goals have been met for the last 30 years..........look at what it got us

winners2.jpg

Last edited:

Joe Biden's $10,000 dinner or The Democratic pot calling the Republican kettle black

“Biden made the remarks at the Georgetown home of Senator John Kerry, where some 87 guests paid a minimum of $10,000 per couple to dine on char-grilled grass-fed New York strip steaks and white truffle mashed potatoes beneath a tent basked in soft pink lighting.”

“These guys (meaning Rebublican candidates) don’t have a sense of the average folks out there,” he said. “They don’t know what it means to be middle class.” (Politico)

CHICAGO, March 13, 2012— Being in the middle class, I went to check my pantry and refrigerator. There were no grass-fed New York Strip steaks. There were no truffles. And, I realized I was out of potatoes. I also do not own a tent basked in soft pink lighting. I don’t even own pink light bulbs.

By Peter Bella

Joe Biden's $10,000 dinner or The Democratic pot calling the Republican kettle black | Washington Times Communities

Forum List

Back