Democrats Talking Like Republicans To Get Elected

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Democrats want to fool everyone into thinking they aren't Democrats anymore. Trust me; A vote for a Democrat is a vote for Obama.

If you're happy with Obama and love the direction he's taking this country then you'll vote for a Democrat. You can't trust a word they're saying. They all stand for the following:

1. Taking our guns
  2. Killing the coal industry
  3. Passing Climate-change legislation
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution
  8. Attacking religions (other than Islam)
This is your average Democrat. Put money on it.​

Dems promise to be an "independent voice" for wheverer. But once in Washington they toe Harry Reid's and Nancy Pelosi's line or else.
Never believe a Democrat.

Democrats want to fool everyone into thinking they aren't Democrats anymore. Trust me; A vote for a Democrat is a vote for Obama.

If you're happy with Obama and love the direction he's taking this country then you'll vote for a Democrat. You can't trust a word they're saying. They all stand for the following:

1. Taking our guns
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution
you forgot promoting the rampant rabid gay agenda

I used to embrace the concept of voting for the man/woman and not the party. I don't feel that way anymore. Nobody can accomplish much, if anything, in Washington without the party behind him/her. So I now vote for the person who represents and depends on the constituency I most identify with.

Obama ran as mostly a common sense, right of center, moderate reformer to get elected the first time and the media so wanted to elect him that they absolutely abdicated their role as the media and became his surrogate campaign organization and have mostly remained in that role. They refused to vet him, expose him for who and what he is. So instead of that common sense moderate reformer, we got the guy who has supported all those things on the list in the OP. And anybody on the Democratic ticket going to Washington is also going to support those things no matter what he says during the campaign. Otherwise he will be marginalized, demonized, refused any attractive appointments, and will not receive any help in his re-election campaign.

The only thing that makes Republicans in Congress better than Democrats in office is that the Republicans represent Republicans, libertarians (little "L"), and right-of-center independents and have to conduct themselves more responsibly and vote at least some of the time for what represent the values of their base which are mostly the opposite of that list in the OP plus more fiscal responsibility.

Vote for the people whose life has demonstrated that they embrace your values. It is the only way to get good people into office.

1. Taking our guns
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution

:uhh: You do realize that Common Core was supported and asked for, from it's inception, by Republican governors, yes?

1. Taking our guns
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution

:uhh: You do realize that Common Core was supported and asked for, from it's inception, by Republican governors, yes?

Yeah, and so was Obamacare. Ref. Romneycare.

1. Taking our guns
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution

So, basically this is a lot of sha-na-na for football teams.

1. Taking our guns
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution

The concept and beginnings of Common Core was actually initiated and implemented in the 1990's during the Clinton Administration and was far more a cooperative effort by the Governors' Assoc. and corporate America than it was a congressional initiative. And Romneycare was never intended to be a one-size fits all concept but was designed and implemented in one small state with the full consent of the state legislature and approved by the people.

The others guys did it first argument simply doesn't hold up in those two examples, and even if it did, how about we look at what has and has not worked and how things should be instead of trying to justify what government does by trying to make it the other guys' fault?

1. Taking our guns
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution

The concept and beginnings of Common Core was actually initiated and implemented in the 1990's during the Clinton Administration and was far more a cooperative effort by the Governors' Assoc. and corporate America than it was a congressional initiative. And Romneycare was never intended to be a one-size fits all concept but was designed and implemented in one small state with the full consent of the state legislature and approved by the people.

The others guys did it first argument simply doesn't hold up in those two examples, and even if it did, how about we look at what has and has not worked and how things should be instead of trying to justify what government does by trying to make it the other guys' fault?

Everything bad that Democrats do is said to be a Republican idea.....or the results of funding cuts by Republicans.

1. Taking our guns
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution

Everything bad that Democrats do is said to be a Republican idea.....or the results of funding cuts by Republicans.

1. Taking our guns
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution

If I was a huggy person (and I'm not), I could almost just hug you right now.

1. Taking our guns
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution

1. Taking our guns
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution

Thanks

I'm more a Depends man myself.

1. Taking our guns
  4. Passing common-core
  5. Not banning flights
  6. Open borders
  7. Income-redistribution

Thanks

Hmmmm..........list of words that I should have thought a little more about before posting.

Seriously though, the public discourse has become more and more ideologically driven and less and less practically driven. Yes, Republicans in government, at least those who have been there awhile, are just as much a part of the permanent political class as are the Democrats in government. And they are all self-serving first. But when we justify our side doing something because somebody else started it, we are giving consent to what our side does no matter how self serving or destructive or evil it might be.

The only difference between Democrats and Republicans are the people that make up their base. The Republicans in Congress represent those of us who don't support that list in the OP, who want balanced budgets, who want big government reined in and who want to stop the steady erosion of our rights, liberties, choices, and opportunities. Those making the laws, rules, and regs may not be at all noble, but they will govern more to the convictions of their base than will those who favor big government and trust government to be the source of all solutions and outcomes.

So those of us who don't support the list in Mudwhistle's OP should vote Republican in this election no matter how much we have to hold our noses to do it.

Thanks

Hmmmm..........list of words that I should have thought a little more about before posting.

I was just messing with you.

:muahaha:

Forum List

Back