Democrats... Rejecting John F. Kennedy

Nowadays the Democratic Party would consider Kennedy a homophobic, right wing, bible thumping moron.

View attachment 40362
What is the relevance, if any, to the political scene of today?
That's where the rejection come in. You would agree that the Democrat Party of today is nothing like the Democratic Party of the Kennedy era. Tell your fellow Democrats, they don't seem to know.
Nope, I would not agree. And, I have NO fellow Democrats. I'm NOT a Democrat, nor a Republican.

Nowadays the Democratic Party would consider Kennedy a homophobic, right wing, bible thumping moron.

View attachment 40362
That's where the rejection come in. You would agree that the Democrat Party of today is nothing like the Democratic Party of the Kennedy era. Tell your fellow Democrats, they don't seem to know.
Nope, I would not agree. And, I have NO fellow Democrats. I'm NOT a Democrat, nor a Republican.

Gee I wonder why you don't agree .. mmm

(Pick a side, you need to spice it up a bit..sheesh..)

Kennedy and the 'welfare state':

Welfare
  • Unemployment and welfare benefits were expanded.[27]
  • In 1961, Social Security benefits were increased by 20% and provision for early retirement was introduced, enabling workers to retire at the age of sixty-two while receiving partial benefits.[28]
  • The Social Security Amendments of 1961 permitted male workers to elect early retirement age 62, increased minimum benefits, liberalized the benefit payments to aged widow, widower, or surviving dependent parent, and also liberalized eligibility requirements and the retirement test.[29]
  • The 1962 amendments to the Social Security Act authorized the federal government to reimburse states for the provision of social services.[30]
  • The School Lunch Act was amended for authority to begin providing free meals in poverty-stricken areas.[5]
  • A pilot food stamp program was launched (1961), covering six areas in the United States. In 1962, the program was extended to eighteen areas, feeding 240,000 people.[31]
  • Various school lunch and school milk programs were extended, “enabling 700,000 more children to enjoy a hot school lunch and eighty-five thousand more schools, child care centers, and camps to receive fresh milk”.[31]
  • ADC was extended to whole families (1961).[32]
  • Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) replaced the Aid to Dependent Children (ADC) program, as coverage was extended to adults caring for dependent children.[31]
  • A major revision of the public welfare laws was carried out, with a $300 million modernisation which emphasised rehabilitation instead of relief”.[6]
  • A temporary antirecession supplement to unemployment compensation was introduced.[6]
  • Food distribution to needy Americans was increased.[6] In January 1961, the first executive order issued by Kennedy mandated that the Department of Agriculture increase the quantity and variety of foods donated for needy households. This executive order represented a shift in the Commodity Distribution Programs’ primary purpose, from surplus disposal to that of providing nutritious foods to low-income households.[33]
  • Social Security benefits were extended to an additional five million Americans.[27]
  • The Self-Employed Individuals Tax Retirement Act (1962) provided self-employed people with a tax postponement for income set aside in qualified pension plans.[29]
  • The Public Welfare Amendments of 1962 provided for greater Federal sharing in the cost of rehabilitative services to applicants, recipients, and persons likely to become applicants for public assistance. It increased the Federal share in the cost of public assistance payments, and permitted the States to combine the various categories into one category. The amendments also made permanent the 1961 amendment which extended aid to dependent children to cover children removed from unsuitable homes.[29]
  • Federal funds were made available for the payment of foster care costs for AFDC-eligible children who had come into state custody.[34]
  • An act was approved (1963) which extended for one year the period during which responsibility for the placement and foster care of dependent children, under the program of aid to families with dependent children under Title IV of the Social Security Act.[29]
  • Federal civil service retirement benefits were index-linked to changes in the Consumer Price Index (1962).
Any conservatives here on board that agenda?

You operate under the false assumption that the right isn't willing to help the poor. Could not be further from the truth. Notice that he wanted the welfare program geared toward rehabilitation (welfare to work) and tax postponement for self-employed.

There is no argument when it comes to helping the poor. Biggest difference between the parties is that one wants to actually get people out of poverty instead of keeping them there to ensure votes.

There is no problem using federal funds for necessities. The important thing is that we are actually solving the problems instead of throwing more and more money at it in a way that makes it bigger.

Too many people now ask what their country can do for them. They think they are entitled to receive without ever having to give back. That mentality is dangerous and the left loves it because people are addicted to government.

Please stop. Your bullshit is bad enough in it's normal phase.
"Please Stop?" That's a good sign. Go ahead and feel free to turn and run. It means conservatives TOOK this ground {thread} and that's good.

WE expect to take a LOT more in the future so go ahead turn and run. We ARE still coming.

I proved you wrong. You don't agree with Kennedy's New Frontier program.

One day the RWnuts are blathering about the failure of the War on Poverty.

The next day they're claiming that JFK was a conservative.

...The War on Poverty passed during the Johnson administration was effectively Kennedy's program.

lol, goddam you people are funny.

Dems today do not reject JFK, but their platform today is considerably to the left of JFK...but that is true of the R party too.

View attachment 40362

There's no side to pick. There's no difference between the two parties. Both Republicans and Democrats are self-serving, egotistical, greedy, dishonest power hungry crooks. The evidence to support that statement is on Main Street America, all across this once great nation. Also, the past 50 plus years of "The Selling of America" is a testament to what I have just said. Over the past 50 plus years, we've had both Democrats and Republicans in power, through many administrations, and look at where we are today. Professional politicians all play the same game, they just wear different jerseys at game time, that's it. Professional politicians are nothing more than puppets for the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential. We have a Lobbyist controlled U.S. Congress, and an oval office bought and paid for. Corporate America, Wall Street, the financial institutions, and special interests dictate legislation and policy.

So, there's no side to pick. I'd rather stay an American for America, than to play the game and be one of the sheep in the flock. I'm old enough ( 67 ), wise and smart enough, and have seen and experienced enough to know better. I have been following the game for many years, and have witnessed the decline and fall of this once great nation. We'll never establish anything of value for future generations, as long as we remain sheep in the flock, and allow the shepherds to lead us astray.

...The War on Poverty passed during the Johnson administration was effectively Kennedy's program.

Yes, you should try to be multi-faceted instead of a two faced Democrat.

How did it work out in the Democratic Parties inner city slums?

View attachment 40362

There's no side to pick. There's no difference between the two parties. Both Republicans and Democrats are self-serving, egotistical, greedy, dishonest power hungry crooks. The evidence to support that statement is on Main Street America, all across this once great nation. Also, the past 50 plus years of "The Selling of America" is a testament to what I have just said. Over the past 50 plus years, we've had both Democrats and Republicans in power, through many administrations, and look at where we are today. Professional politicians all play the same game, they just wear different jerseys at game time, that's it. Professional politicians are nothing more than puppets for the wealthy, the powerful, and the influential. We have a Lobbyist controlled U.S. Congress, and an oval office bought and paid for. Corporate America, Wall Street, the financial institutions, and special interests dictate legislation and policy.

So, there's no side to pick. I'd rather stay an American for America, than to play the game and be one of the sheep in the flock. I'm old enough ( 67 ), wise and smart enough, and have seen and experienced enough to know better. I have been following the game for many years, and have witnessed the decline and fall of this once great nation. We'll never establish anything of value for future generations, as long as we remain sheep in the flock, and allow the shepherds to lead us astray.

I'd place myself in the conservative column but from there it goes to establishment Republicans (middle) to left wing to Obama/Hillary extreme leftists.From my perspective there is quite a difference. Government needs a whole lot less power.

I can't say I've given up like you have, I still have some hope but the path the countries on now could only lead to more disasters.

Dems today do not reject JFK, but their platform today is considerably to the left of JFK...but that is true of the R party too.

Yup, the whole country has moved left (big leftist government) and Kennedy has been left at the center right.

Ah see, you don't agree with Kennedy's programs.

I'd place myself in the conservative column but from there it goes to establishment Republicans (middle) to left wing to Obama/Hillary extreme leftists.From my perspective there is quite a difference. Government needs a whole lot less power.

I can't say I've given up like you have, I still have some hope but the path the countries on now could only lead to more disasters.
In NO way have I given up, and never ever will. I don't quit, don't run, and I always stand for what I believe is right. I have a strong belief in right and wrong, and I am constantly trying to make others aware of what's going on. Giving up is not the answer, fighting for what's right is the answer. We have a responsibility to ourselves, and to each other, to do whatever we can to make this a better nation and a better world. We also have a responsibility to future generations, to establish a solid foundation for them to build on. No, I would never give up, never. I have been trying for many years now to wake folks up to what's going on in this once great nation, and I will continue to do so as long as I live.

Liberals own JFK, and you RWnuts can't have him. Sorry.
Quit being dishonest you would crucify a liberal today if they said this

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country~JFK

View attachment 40362

The idea of Inherent Rights (or God Given) was one of the major principles of the Age of Enlightenment that was fundamental to the thinking of the Founders.

The modern liberal has moved backwards to before that to when rights were granted by the State (or Kings).

This completely reverses the relationship between Man and State.

Ah see, you don't agree with Kennedy's programs.

It seems they failed or weren't fully implemented so there you are.

I know your trained to be all in.. Obama can do no wrong and never fails or lies.

But for me it's just not realistic, it's government, they make huge mistakes.

Last edited:

In NO way have I given up, and never ever will. I don't quit, don't run, and I always stand for what I believe is right. I have a strong belief in right and wrong, and I am constantly trying to make others aware of what's going on. Giving up is not the answer, fighting for what's right is the answer. We have a responsibility to ourselves, and to each other, to do whatever we can to make this a better nation and a better world. We also have a responsibility to future generations, to establish a solid foundation for them to build on. No, I would never give up, never. I have been trying for many years now to wake folks up to what's going on in this once great nation, and I will continue to do so as long as I live.

I thought that might spark a great post ... Thanks

View attachment 40362

The idea of Inherent Rights (or God Given) was one of the major principles of the Age of Enlightenment that was fundamental to the thinking of the Founders.

The modern liberal has moved backwards to before that to when rights were granted by the State (or Kings).

But, Liberals are not the final word, nor are they the controlling authority. We have Moderates, Conservatives, and both the Left and the Right that have input. There's more than one stance on issues, and many voices are heard on each issue.

View attachment 40362

But, Liberals are not the final word, nor are they the controlling authority. We have Moderates, Conservatives, and both the Left and the Right that have input. There's more than one stance on issues, and many voices are heard on each issue.

Liberals dominate the Dems, the same way the Country Club Republicans dominate the GOP.

They do have the final word.

Do you believe that Rights are God Given or granted by the State?

Forum List

Back