Democrats Protected AIG Bonuses

Read my new thread titled Fox news lied about Dodd.........

It will explain that Dodd and Co. dealt with this, and someone stripped it out in the weee hours of the night.

You are spreading misinformation. Half the facts. Go to media matters and do some more homework.

BTDT. BTW, go read the links provided in this thread. There are several and not a one is from Fox. BTW, you are getting that Dodd isn't the bad guy here, right? (well, not thee bad guy).

Yesterday, the right wingers here were saying Dodd was the bad guy. The title of this thread even suggests he's the bad guy.

Well as far as we know right now, he isn't.

But he could turn out to be.

I just know Fox, rush, Drudge and the right wingers on this site got it wrong, AGAIN!!!:clap2:

No the thread title says "DEMS . . . " not "DODD . . " READ.

Yes, yesterday people thought it was Dodd; today there is more information and others are coming to the forefront. What's your point?

Uh Sealy? Geithner is a Dem and he knew about the bonuses last fall because he put together the AIG package. He knew that these bonuses were going to be paid out on 3/15 but still said ok to another $30 billion dollar handout two weeks ago. Dems protecting AIG bonuses? Yup. Thread title is accurate.

Read my new thread titled Fox news lied about Dodd.........

It will explain that Dodd and Co. dealt with this, and someone stripped it out in the weee hours of the night.

You are spreading misinformation. Half the facts. Go to media matters and do some more homework.

Mysterious-Congressman.article.jpg

Must have been this guy, he rode in at the weee hours of the morning and stripped it out under everyones nose...... :eusa_whistle:

BTDT. BTW, go read the links provided in this thread. There are several and not a one is from Fox. BTW, you are getting that Dodd isn't the bad guy here, right? (well, not thee bad guy).

Yesterday, the right wingers here were saying Dodd was the bad guy. The title of this thread even suggests he's the bad guy.

Well as far as we know right now, he isn't.

But he could turn out to be.

I just know Fox, rush, Drudge and the right wingers on this site got it wrong, AGAIN!!!:clap2:

No the thread title says "DEMS . . . " not "DODD . . " READ.

Yes, yesterday people thought it was Dodd; today there is more information and others are coming to the forefront. What's your point?

Like I've been saying along...bobo can't let facts get in the way of his story

The AIG plot thickens by the hour!

CNN is now reporting that while Democrat Senator Chris Dodd maintains his original amendment that was added at the 11th hour somehow got changed without his knowledge, and other Democrat leaders are shaking their collective heads stating they don't know how the original Dodd amendment was changed, CNN has discovered that Republicans originally wanted to have an amendment allowing the government to tax bonuses on any company getting federal bailout dollars if those bonuses were not returned. These specific negotiations had bi-partisan support and was primarily authored by Olympia Snow, Republican from Maine. This amendment was stripped from the final bill though behind a closed door session headed by Democrat leadership.

It is at this point things remain murky. The Dodd amendment was added -then, according to Dodd, somehow altered without his knowledge - despite the fact that Dodd is the Chair of the Senate finance committe. It should be noted that few other Democrats are making this same claim as Dodd. Instead, they are remarking that the process was so hurried and rushed that, according to Senate leader Harry Reid, Democrat, "hindsight is 20/20".

Reid refused to answer CNN regarding if a mistake had in fact been made...

Bonuses allowed by stimulus bill - CNN.com

CNN is now reporting that while Democrat Senator Chris Dodd maintains his original amendment that was added at the 11th hour somehow got changed without his knowledge, and other Democrat leaders are shaking their collective heads stating they don't know how the original Dodd amendment was changed, CNN has discovered that Republicans originally wanted to have an amendment allowing the government to tax bonuses on any company getting federal bailout dollars if those bonuses were not returned. These specific negotiations had bi-partisan support and was primarily authored by Olympia Snow, Republican from Maine. This amendment was stripped from the final bill though behind a closed door session headed by Democrat leadership.

It is at this point things remain murky. The Dodd amendment was added -then, according to Dodd, somehow altered without his knowledge - despite the fact that Dodd is the Chair of the Senate finance committe. It should be noted that few other Democrats are making this same claim as Dodd. Instead, they are remarking that the process was so hurried and rushed that, according to Senate leader Harry Reid, Democrat, "hindsight is 20/20".

yeah, looks like maybe bobo will have to apologize to Fox News

;)
fat chance that will happen

Bush screwed up when he ok'd throwing bailout money at the problem without a clear plan. Cart before the horse, so to speak. But wasn't Timmy in charge of the structuring of the bailout to AIG? Isn't that his area of expertise? You mean with all the experience he has in this area, he overlooked the fact that these contracted bonuses would come due? I don't think so, Tim.

He didn't OVERLOOK them.

That's exactly what this flap is all about.

Bush II's administration apparently didn't notice them, but as I already acknowledged, given the huge problems they were seeking to avoid, one can easily see how this minor issue (in terms of scale, I mean) would have been put on the back burner.

We;ll NOW it's on the FRONT burner.

Thanks to what administration?

OBAMA's admoinistration.

It astounds me, that the partisans here are so willing to prove to us that their are either liars or idiots by making such assinine accusations as they do.

Zoom, you're not stupid.

Don't you cringe in embarrassment for your fellow conservative chums when they miss (or pretend to miss, one never knows) something so fucking obvious as this?

Geithner was one of those in charge of structuring the AIG bailout. Of course he didn't overlook the bonuses (which is what I posted) - he just kept mum about them. He didn't act alone; several are to blame. But I find it hypocritical that all the players are crying 'shock!' when some of them clearly knew - and knew from the get go. This administration has no choice but to bring it to the front burner cause those bonuses came due.

I'm outraged that Bush and Obama keep putting the cart before the horse. Both administrations rushed into this whole bailout/stimulus scenario without much thought. They throw money at problems without having a plan, without having something in place. What ever happened to plan your work and work your plan? Hell, Timmy is practically all alone in his job. Don't you think getting the guy hired for his expertise in financial crisis management should have a staff in place at this point?

Oh please...under which administration were the first and second rounds of money given to AIG?

Bush's or Obama's?

Now, remember what the TITLE OF THIS THREAD is, please

" DEMOCRATS PROTECTED AIG"

Rather a misleading and historically inaccurate title given the history of the AIG bailout, don't you think?​

And the thread's title is what this partian blathing nonsense is all based on.

The title is attempting to mislead the reader by suggesting that Obama missed what BUSH II's administration actually missed TWICE.​

And under which administration is this issue finally being dealt with?​

Obama's.​

Democrats protected AIG?​

One must be an imbecile to believe such rot.​

Last edited:

yeah, looks like maybe bobo will have to apologize to Fox News

;)
fat chance that will happen

As pertains to this specific topic, Bobo lost all credibility when he ignored the fact various other sources were circulating the same story as Fox News, and that Dodd has hardly been vindicated in this mess - far from it.

Some Democrat wagons are circling, and that is alwasy an indicator that someone messed up.

For now it appears Obama believes by him saying "My bad", and that he still supports Geithner, that this mess will fade quickly into the background.

I am not so sure about that though - the story has some legs, and it appears enough reporters smell some blood and are willing to do some poking around...

He didn't OVERLOOK them.

Bush II's administration apparently didn't notice them, but as I already acknowledged, given the huge problems they were seeking to avoid, one can easily see how this minor issue (in terms of scale, I mean) would have been put on the back burner.

OBAMA's admoinistration.

It astounds me, that the partisans here are so willing to prove to us that their are either liars or idiots by making such assinine accusations as they do.

Zoom, you're not stupid.

Don't you cringe in embarrassment for your fellow conservative chums when they miss (or pretend to miss, one never knows) something so fucking obvious as this?

Geithner was one of those in charge of structuring the AIG bailout. Of course he didn't overlook the bonuses (which is what I posted) - he just kept mum about them. He didn't act alone; several are to blame. But I find it hypocritical that all the players are crying 'shock!' when some of them clearly knew - and knew from the get go. This administration has no choice but to bring it to the front burner cause those bonuses came due.

I'm outraged that Bush and Obama keep putting the cart before the horse. Both administrations rushed into this whole bailout/stimulus scenario without much thought. They throw money at problems without having a plan, without having something in place. What ever happened to plan your work and work your plan? Hell, Timmy is practically all alone in his job. Don't you think getting the guy hired for his expertise in financial crisis management should have a staff in place at this point?

Oh please...under which administration were the first and second rounds of money given to AIG?

Buysh's or Obamas?

Now remember what the TITLE OF THIS THREAD is, please

Rather a mistleading and hitorically inaccurate title given the history of the AIG bailout, don't you think?

And the thread's title is what this partians blathing nonsense is all based on.

Guess you missed my post blasting Bush and Paulson. And who's still giving money to them? Obama. Go read the links posted throughout this thread.

Last edited:
He didn't OVERLOOK them.

OBAMA's admoinistration.

Zoom, you're not stupid.

Bush's or Obama's?

Now, remember what the TITLE OF THIS THREAD is, please

Rather a misleading and historically inaccurate title given the history of the AIG bailout, don't you think?​

And the thread's title is what this partian blathing nonsense is all based on.

The title is attempting to mislead the reader by suggesting that Obama missed what BUSH II's administration actually missed TWICE.​

And under which administration is this issue finally being dealt with?​

Obama's.​

Democrats protected AIG?​

One must be an imbecile to believe such rot.​
no, its not ed, if you could get over your blind partisanship you would know they are ALL involved in this fuck up

the difference is CONSERVATIVES were against BOTH of them doing this shit

no, its not ed, if you could get over your blind partisanship you would know they are ALL involved in this fuck up

Is that why they blocked efforts to limit the salaries of CEOs that took bailout money? Or were those just the phony conservatives? I certainly am no longer able to tell the difference.

Is that why they blocked efforts to limit the salaries of CEOs that took bailout money? Or were those just the phony conservatives? I certainly am no longer able to tell the difference.
conservatives were and have been against the whole fucking package, MORON

It is true that conservatives were up in arms at both the Republicans and Democrats regarding the orginal bailout packages last year.

Since that time, the Republican Party has clearly "come back to the fold" as it were regarding further bailouts, as noted by the almost total lack of Republican support for the trillions more spent in just the past couple months.

As to the AIG fiasco, this appears to be laying at the feet of the Democrats, namely Chris Dodd, the Obama White House, Geithner, and the House and Senate leadership.

It is beginning to now appear as if the cover up could be outpace the actual political "crime" - a clear mistake by Democrats, for if anything can awaken the media from its years-long Obama induced slumber, it is the potential for scandal - and this AIG mess has all the makings of a good old fashioned DC scandal.

Will it actually have legs and evolve into an all out Democrat Party crisis?

Far too soon to tell, but the potential is certainly there...

You're the moron, dcon. Remember this little gem and how you peed your pants over limiting CEOs pay and bonuses? A bill the Dems came up with and the Republicans had a hissy fit over?

Angry senator wants pay cap on Wall Street 'idiots' - CNN.com

You're not just a moron, dcon. You're a proven partisan HACK.

You're the moron, dcon. Remember this little gem and how you peed your pants over limiting CEOs pay and bonuses? A bill the Dems came up with and the Republicans had a hissy fit over?

fuck off bitch
how would they need to limit them if they didnt pass this bullshit in the first place
you call ME partisan, how is my blaming both partys partisan?
you are the fucking moron

Last edited:

fuck off bitch
how would they need to limit them if they didnt pass this bullshit in the first place
you call ME poartisan
heh heh heh...your spittle is getting all over the monitor, idiot. This was a separate bill...and your FAUX cons reacted exactly like the fuckwads they are....consistently.

This op-ed is running a scenario for Geithner's resignation/firing that appears to be catching favor with both conservatives and liberals. (and this from a self-described liberal website no less)

It proposes that Geithner clearly knew of the bonuses, as did White House economic advisor to Obama Larry Summers. Now while this particular column stopped short of then implicating the President himself, such an implication is a logical conclusion.

If Obama did know of this, and is now feigning phony outrage - the political cost to Obama will be significant.

If Obama did not know of this, then why not? How can his Treasury Secretary know, as well as his personal economic advisor - and not the President? If this scenario proves true, it too will damage Obama, though likely somewhat less than the latter.

Either way, when a "progressive-liberal" website is calling for Obama administration heads to roll, all is not well in the White House, or the Democrat Party...

OpEdNews » Lying Or Incompetent - Either Way, Geithner Needs to Be Fired

Last edited:

fuck off bitch
you call ME poartisan
heh heh heh...your spittle is getting all over the monitor, idiot. This was a separate bill...and your FAUX cons reacted exactly like the fuckwads they are....consistently.
no moron, i dont spit on my monitor
thats what you do
and again, i KNOW it was a seperate bill, but that bill would not have been NEEDED if they didnt start handing out tax payer money to corps in the first place
and all the republicans but 3 were voting against it

fuck off bitch
you call ME poartisan
no moron, i dont spit on my monitor
thats what you do
and again, i KNOW it was a seperate bill, but that bill would not have been NEEDED if they didnt start handing out tax payer money to corps in the first place
and all the republicans but 3 were voting against it
Yeah, sure...Republicans are idiots that won't do what they cry about because they are...ohh...morons. So they all voted against limiting executive pay so they could come back later and pretend they all gave a shit? Ass.

i mean the man lied knowly and cnn exposed him, no way he will be back in 2010

and ya know if he was a rep it woud be over

Forum List

Back