Democrats Only: Poll Choice Either/Or

If you could only have one, which would you choose?

• Universal Healthcare

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Gay Marriage

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
In view of Ladygunslinger's request that I start my own "damn" poll :eusa_shifty: , I give you the following question:

If you could only have one of the two, but not both, which would you choose? Universal Healthcare or Gay Marriage?

For I can assure you that in reality you will not have both. And in fact, depending on your choice you may have neither..

Discuss.

So, you're for universal healthcare and you hate homos? And you're saying we can't have both universal healthcare and gay marriage - so we need to ban gay marriage so we can have universal healthcare? That's pretty fucked up thinking.

Since I don't live in a stupid, bigoted red state, I already have both. Idiot.

Really? In which of the only 3 states that have legal state-voted gay marriage do you live in? And describe how you pay nothing at all for any and all health procedures.

You're living in fantasy land if you still think Gay Marriage is a decade away.

I'm kinda confused as to what you're getting at with this thread though.

The OP would like to be known as a moderate. Therefore he/she feels compelled to announce support for a liberal policy like universal health care....while still getting to be a bigot when it comes to homosexual people getting married.

Sorry, bigot. We can live without your vote on health care. Stick with your pals on the right.

I've many posts and a thread or three devoted to advocating fiercely for univeral healthcare and the sane economics behind it. Hardly a "pal on the right" position.

I hope you voted in the poll...

And....how does that differ from what I said. You are a bigot who grasps economic reality a bit. Still a bigot. You'll only find friends in other bigots.

The OP would like to be known as a moderate. Therefore he/she feels compelled to announce support for a liberal policy like universal health care....while still getting to be a bigot when it comes to homosexual people getting married.

Sorry, bigot. We can live without your vote on health care. Stick with your pals on the right.

Oh my the irony of those comments from a far left Obama drone...

Okay genius. What's the irony?

WOW the far left bigots really do live in another reality...

In view of Ladygunslinger's request that I start my own "damn" poll :eusa_shifty: , I give you the following question:

If you could only have one of the two, but not both, which would you choose? Universal Healthcare or Gay Marriage?

For I can assure you that in reality you will not have both. And in fact, depending on your choice you may have neither..

Discuss.

So, you're for universal healthcare and you hate homos? And you're saying we can't have both universal healthcare and gay marriage - so we need to ban gay marriage so we can have universal healthcare? That's pretty fucked up thinking.

The OP also fails as a false dilemma fallacy.

NY. And universal doesn't mean free duh...Lot more than 3.

More than 3 states with legal gay marriage? By judicial fiat or retroactive voters' consensus?

I see someone voted for gay marriage over universal healthcare.

The OP also fails as a false dilemma fallacy.

So how far do you think universal healthcare will go when middle dems reject a significant number of democratic candidates because they fear it will mean that it's just a matter of time before the gay agenda forces itself on their church or school or their orphanage?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ed-to-accomodate-for-homosexual-weddings.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-forced-to-adopt-orphans-to-these-people.html

NY. And universal doesn't mean free duh...Lot more than 3.

More than 3 states with legal gay marriage? By judicial fiat or retroactive voters' consensus?

Who cares?

Who cares?:cuckoo:

It's all over except in some misinformed red states run by greedy, idiotic bigots...:badgrin:

Really? Did I miss the US Supreme Court Ruling on states rights vs gays on marriage? Can you send me a link to where more than 3 states with gay marriage are legal according to the SCOTUS finding constitutionally on that question?

Discuss.

i voted for UHC, because that will help more people.

But inevitably, we are going to have both. Probably gay marriage a bit sooner because there's no rational reason to be against it.

Universal Health Care will take longer because too many people are making money on the pain and suffering caused by the current system.

Why shouldn't we have both?

We're the richest nation in the history of the known universe. We can afford universal healthcare.

Gay marriage is already legal because gay marriage is not illegal. Get over it.
Not so. Not any more.

Thank a liberal.

No, we still are.

and here's the thing. We spend 17% of our GDP on health care while most other industrialized countries spend 8-11%. We spend the most and get the worst results?

Why? Maybe because of the big glass buildings owned by Big Pharma, Big Insurance and Big Medical.

Gay Marriage is coming anyway, it's just a matter of time.

Universal Healthcare is probably a decade or so away still.
How nice it would read for the above comment to say:

"Universal healthcare is coming soon. Gay marriage is probably a decade or so away still [if at all]."

Why?

frankly, you are the one who is hung up about gay marriage. I mean, when you aren't drunk dialing Sean Penn for his performance in Milk, you seem obsessed with the thought of two guys having the butt sex.

You're living in fantasy land if you still think Gay Marriage is a decade away.

I'm kinda confused as to what you're getting at with this thread though.

I've many posts and a thread or three devoted to advocating fiercely for univeral healthcare and the sane economics behind it. Hardly a "pal on the right" position.

I hope you voted in the poll...

Yes, you do stand up for the right thing on Health Care, but frankly, most of the posts I see from you are your obsession with gay rights, gay marriage and what a bad guy Harvey Milk was because his boyfriend was a teenager when they started dating.

Who cares?

It's all over except in some misinformed red states run by greedy, idiotic bigots...:badgrin:

Really? Did I miss the US Supreme Court Ruling on states rights vs gays on marriage? Can you send me a link to where more than 3 states with gay marriage are legal according to the SCOTUS finding constitutionally on that question?

Google it, ignorant dingbat hater dupe...:eusa_whistle: Only RWers live in your idiotic echo chamber...

Who cares?

Google it, ignorant dingbat hater dupe...:eusa_whistle: Only RWers live in your idiotic echo chamber...

There has been no constitutional finding on gay marriage to date by the US Supreme Court. And we all know it's heading there. In the mean time all we have to go on at that level is what they said in Windsor. Because what they said in Windsor they most surely will not go against in the Final Ruling. What they said in Windsor was that each state has the "unquestioned authority" to define marriage for itself and that they said the only exception was the 14th amendment protections of which they did not find in that case as applying.

They may find it applies in the next one, but that would turn American law on its head. Because for the first time in our history, an incomplete grouping of behaviors [not race, gender, religion or country of origin] would be gaining special protection. That would of course set a precedent for other incomplete groupings of behaviors, objectionable to the majority, to set their foot down and force the majority to approve of what they're up to.

Polygamy comes to mind but it certainly isn't limited to that, or just to marriage either for that matter.

Forum List

Back