Democrats introduce bill to curb Trump's ability to launch a nuclear strike

Yeah it's funny how many liberals have lost their minds this election. I guess that's what happens when a population dependent upon others comes face to face with the reality that they're in serious danger of actually having to support themselves for the first time in their lives. Back when I was a kid, that was an exciting point in my life; I got to decide where I'd live, how I'd spend my money, and a host of other things - however these liberals are terrified of the idea, they're so clueless about how to stand upon their own two feet that they're lashing out like cornered animals. It's rather pathetic if you ask me.

Rep. Ted W. Lieu and Sen. Edward J. Markey, both Democrats, introduced legislation on Tuesday that would forbid the president from launching a nuclear strike without first having Congress declare war. The bill expresses clear doubts in President Donald Trump’s judgment, with the lawmakers saying in a joint release “the crucial issue of nuclear ‘first use’ is
View attachment 108760

Democrats introduce bill to curb Trump’s ability to launch a nuclear strike
--------------------------------

Anyone who isn't a zombie realizes why we need the ability to do a nuke strike. Hopefully mentalcrats can't win this one.

Two codes and at least two to three keys. Trump does not have a button on his desk to launch a nuclear bomb

>>
Should the president decide to order the launch of nuclear weapons, he or she would be taken aside by the "carrier" of the nuclear football and the briefcase opened.[3] Once opened, the president would decide which "Attack Options" (specific orders for attacks on specific targets) to use. The Attack Options are preset war plans developed under OPLAN 8010, and include Major Attack Options (MAOs), Selected Attack Options (SAOs), and Limited Attack Options (LAOs). The chosen attack option and the Gold Codes would then be transmitted to the NMCC via a special, secure channel. As commander-in-chief, the president is the only individual with the authority to order the use of nuclear weapons.[11] A two-man rule applies, however: the National Command Authority comprising the president and Secretary of Defense must jointly authenticate the order to use nuclear weapons to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.[6] The order would then be transmitted over a tan-yellow phone, the Joint Chiefs of Staff Alerting Network, otherwise known as the "Gold Phone", that directly links the NMCC with United States Strategic Command Headquarters at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska.[citation needed] It is argued by Franklin Miller that the President has almost single authority to initiate a nuclear attack since the Secretary of Defense is required to verify the order, but cannot legally veto it.[12][13] However, Section 4 of the 25th Amendment of the Constitution allows for the vice president, together with a majority of cabinet heads or Congress, to declare the President disabled or unfit to execute the duties of the office.[14]

Other items in the football include plans for continuity of government. The satchel also includes a secure satellite phone and is always near the president, carried by a uniformed, armed military officer of the O-4 pay grade or above (Major in the Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps or Lieutenant Commander in the Navy or Coast Guard). All American nuclear weapons are subject to the same protocols, including land-based Minuteman IIIICBMs, nuclear weapons carried by B-52 and B-2 aircraft, and Trident missiles carried by U.S. Navy submarines.[citation needed]<<

Forum List

Back