Democrats freaking out about church voice regarding abortion

One day I hope the Lord opens your eyes and you let the joy of the gospel of Jesus Christ into your life to overcome your anger and cynicism
Have you any idea the so called ‘gospel of Jesus Christ’ is a mish mash of mistranslations, expurgations and deliberate distortions by the early church?
A passing acquaintance with the last several centuries of biblical studies may assist in your understanding. Thanks for the sermon anyway.

The Lord restored his gospel for a reason
How convenient. You claim to know god's plan, when it suits you. But, when babies are killed? "God works in mysterious ways!"

Babies are killed because God gives us our agency and evil men and women kill children.

Regardless, I’m glad to see that you see how evil abortion is

He may be trying to go with the "Babies die, which means God is killing babies, which means it's okay for ME to do it!" argument. Hard to tell with leftists which boilerplate talking point they're using sometimes.

Anything to justify unbelief eh?

DNC Chairman Tom Perez is very upset that Americans listen to what they hear in church

Apparently there are those in the DNC livid about what is being said about abortion in churches all around the US. I think they would either like to censor the speech or create a voice that is equal or greater to the ones in church.
Not only abortion, but church going suckers need to be educated about LOTS of issues regarding church perversion and stupid claims about history.
Such as?
Such as claiming that Jesus of Nazareth was the “son of God” and “God” himself,
That Eve was the first woman on Earth and God made her from Adam’s rib, etc.

All of which are true. Though I wouldn’t have a problem if the rib was a metaphor

DNC Chairman Tom Perez is very upset that Americans listen to what they hear in church

Apparently there are those in the DNC livid about what is being said about abortion in churches all around the US. I think they would either like to censor the speech or create a voice that is equal or greater to the ones in church.
Not only abortion, but church going suckers need to be educated about LOTS of issues regarding church perversion and stupid claims about history.
Such as?

Yes, what Christians need is religiophobic assholes "educating" them about how their beliefs are wrong, and how much "smarter" they would be if they were just like you. Because I'm sure lots of people look at you and say, "I want to be just like that!"

Why do you people never wonder if maybe YOU are the biggest reason why Christians don't listen to anything you say? Does it ever cross your mind that they look at you and think, "If that's what atheism and hating religion does for you, get me to the church FAST"?
“You people”? I don’t represent anyone else. As Jesus supposedly said, don’t judge others!
:)

So, do YOU believe that Eve was born from Adam’s rib?

Jesus explicitly commanded us to judge

WRT the account of Adam and Eve and the fall from grace... We are so far removed from these events that they have lost original meaning. The first 11 chapters of Genesis is the allegorical account of world history that every nation shares. Sprinkled in were wisdoms. These accounts had been passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years until they were eventually recorded in writing. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. We have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. Suffice it to say, ancient man believed that the material world was created by spirit and that man was a product of that creation. The account of Adam and Eve is the allegorical account of when mankind became conscious of himself, his surrounding and his Creator. Lost in all the critical evaluations is that the fall from grace tells us maybe the single most important thing about man that we should know which is man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong.

WRT to the account of Jesus, if you don't believe it is possible that the material world was created by spirit, then beliefs about Jesus won't make much sense to you. Right?
I understand that stories (myths?) were passed down orally for many generations before writing/publications took over, but why retain ridiculous fairy-tale stories about Eve’s origin and her “original sin” for responding to a talking serpent?
Do you really believe that?
You think they are all myths, right?

Can you tell me what the "myth" of the account of the Tower of Babel is all about?
No, I cannot. I stopped reading the Bible after Genesis.
As is the case in legal matters, once discredited, believing a witness is hard to do.
The account of the Tower of Babel is in Genesis. Chapter 11 to be specific.

So are you saying you haven't read it?
Correct. I lost interest after Chapter 2 or 3.

So you never actually bothered reading it.

Such as?

Yes, what Christians need is religiophobic assholes "educating" them about how their beliefs are wrong, and how much "smarter" they would be if they were just like you. Because I'm sure lots of people look at you and say, "I want to be just like that!"

Why do you people never wonder if maybe YOU are the biggest reason why Christians don't listen to anything you say? Does it ever cross your mind that they look at you and think, "If that's what atheism and hating religion does for you, get me to the church FAST"?
“You people”? I don’t represent anyone else. As Jesus supposedly said, don’t judge others!

Come again?

People aren’t all good or all bad. We shouldn’t treat them as they are. Judging behaviors instead of the person eliminates the potential for that.

Jesus said judge others like you would be judged. I don’t believe he was telling us to judge. I believe he was telling us to judge fairly. To judge the behavior and not the person.

A scientist is one who follows a field-relevant scientific method to produce evidence and propose interpretations based on that data and statistical probabilities.

Then why would you ignorantly claim that an engineer is anything but a scientist?

As for interpretations, these must be driven by data and supported by observable, repeatable, and verifiable facts.

And that's why science can never prove or disprove God's existence, because a sovereign, intelligent being residing outside our time/space continuum who has the ability to enter and leave it at will can never be repeated in a lab. You might as well expect an isolated, stoneage tribesman to repeat his encounter with the one and only time a helicopter flew over his head.

If we could repeat God's works at our command, He wouldn't really be God.

Science is a process, a method. It is not a person, it is certainly not a religion. A scientist is anyone who uses the scientific method.

"Scientific method is an empirical method of knowledge acquisition, which has characterized the development of natural science since at least the 17th century, involving careful observation, which includes rigorous skepticism about what one observes, given that cognitive assumptions about how the world works influence how one interprets a percept; formulating hypotheses, via induction, based on such observations; experimental testing and measurement of deductions drawn from the hypotheses; and refinement of the hypotheses based on the experimental findings. These are principles of the scientific method, as opposed to a definitive series of steps applicable to all scientific enterprises."

Science is a means of discovery in an organized and logical fashion.

Exactly! It's a methodology we use to learn about the world around us. Not a dogma.

I already pointed out they have to pay income taxes like everybody else if they get paid for their work, dumbass
100% Wrong. Generally, clergy do not pay federal income taxes. I ignored the rest, as you are clearly just pulling things out of your ass. You should probably just shut up now.

many churches have clergy that don't get paid

Come again?

People aren’t all good or all bad. We shouldn’t treat them as they are. Judging behaviors instead of the person eliminates the potential for that.

Jesus said judge others like you would be judged. I don’t believe he was telling us to judge. I believe he was telling us to judge fairly. To judge the behavior and not the person.

John 7:24

Magic? I think you're confused
No, you are. You believe a magical paradigm. You just don't like the word "magic", because you feel as though it puts your favorite little nugget of magic on the same shelf as all magic. And you are right, it does.

I understand that stories (myths?) were passed down orally for many generations before writing/publications took over, but why retain ridiculous fairy-tale stories about Eve’s origin and her “original sin” for responding to a talking serpent?
Do you really believe that?
You think they are all myths, right?

Can you tell me what the "myth" of the account of the Tower of Babel is all about?
As is the case in legal matters, once discredited, believing a witness is hard to do.
The account of the Tower of Babel is in Genesis. Chapter 11 to be specific.

So are you saying you haven't read it?
Correct. I lost interest after Chapter 2 or 3.

there is a price to be had without consideration for reading your 4th century book of forgeries, avatar you are a good example of the consequences ...

that is not to say reading excerpts in finding truths is not possible for the discerning.

I stopped reading the Bible after Genesis ....

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

my experience was to read no further than the above quote ...

Forum List

Back