Jesus is a Child of Rape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think it makes sense to try to analyze the story with regard to consent unless you're going to accept (for the sake of the analysis) the internal view of the story, and within the story it would seem that Mary consented (e.g. Luke 1)

I mean I think it's clear that norms regarding sexual morality among Judeans at the time the N.T. was written are much different from modern norms, and far more patriarchal, so if the professor wants to make a more general point about that history of patriarchy and women's sexual agency then I think that's not hard to do. But I don't think this particular story makes a great example of it. It's basically just provocative for the sake of provocation.

Here's a point.

This dipshit claims to be an atheist . So explain to me why an atheist would accuse a God he doesn't believe in of anything?

Here's a point.

This dipshit claims to be an atheist . So explain to me why an atheist would accuse a God he doesn't believe in of anything?
He's analyzing a character in an old story. It's okay to accuse characters of stuff.

Here's a point.

He's analyzing a character in an old story. It's okay to accuse characters of stuff.

You mean he's trolling Christians just to be an asshole.

Yes, we were saying the same thing.
There's lots of "trolling" around here, if you mean folks putting up outrageous stuff said and done by fringe lunatics that gets a reaction from us. That's not what I consider trolling, though

There's lots of "trolling" around here, if you mean folks putting up outrageous stuff said and done by fringe lunatics that gets a reaction from us.

That's like the original definition of trolling, although I think in popular usage it's expanded to encompass just about anything taken to be Bad Posting Which Ought Not To Be Allowed. :p

Here's a point.

You mean he's trolling Christians just to be an asshole.

Yes, we were saying the same thing.
There's lots of "trolling" around here, if you mean folks putting up outrageous stuff said and done by fringe lunatics that gets a reaction from us. That's not what I consider trolling, though

You really just can't say what's obvious? That this guy made that tweet to be an asshole to Christians, and no other reason?

By the way, how come these liberal professors don't ever tweet out shit like "Mohammed was a pedophile?" Probably because they know some crazy Muslim would kill them.

Mary said she was a handmaid of the Lord. A female servant. She really had no choice.

I have been saying this for years.
In the OT, god was a murderous, tyrannical, selfish madman. Then he raped a woman and went to rehab.
He is all loving now.

I think most of us rational people know she just cheated on her man and got pregnant. She didnt want to be stoned to death and shit.

I think most of us rational people know she just cheated on her man and got pregnant. She didnt want to be stoned to death and shit.

I imagine this is where the first blow job came into play. Mary was like "Seriously Joseph, the Lord did it" and he was "suck my dick" LOL

Hopefully, brawls on something this "important" start with more than a drunken tweet. If that tweet was a USMB "religion forum OP" -- it would be moved to the Flame Zone where it belongs.. One thread on this is all that's required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back