Democrats = failed ideas, still running against bush

Failure? from the party that gave us Jimmy "Desert One" Carter? The only party to produce an impeached president in the last century? The party that has proven itself completely, utterly unable to govern? In all, the Party of Fuck You??

You don't think Nixon wasn't a c-hair away from being impeached?

I dont know.
But he wasn't. And Clinton was. And both on the same charges, I might add.

High crimes and misdemeanors vs. perjury and obstruction of justice.

Who cares about Nixon and Clinton?? It is bad enough I hear Bush's name every other day. Nixon died over 16 years ago and Clinton has not been president for 10 years. I was 2 years old when Nixon resigned. What do either one of the them have to do with anything now?

I edit this to add Carter who has not been president for 30 years. Yet another person who has absolutely nothing to do with now.

Heck, if Taft would not been such a muckraker we would not be where we are now. Wilson was not much better getting us involved in that freaking War.

Last edited:
Obama attacks Bush policies in Bush's home state

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) – President Barack Obama attacked the economic policies of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush in Bush's home state on Monday as evidence of the way Republicans would operate if given power in November 2 U.S. congressional elections.

At a fund-raising event for Democrats in Dallas, where Bush now lives, Obama said the former president's "disastrous" policies had driven the U.S. economy into the ground and turned budget surpluses into deficits.

Obama defended his repeated references to Bush's policies, saying they were necessary to remind Americans of the weak economy he inherited from Bush in January 2009.

"The policies that crashed the economy, that undercut the middle class, that mortgaged our future, do we really want to go back to that, or do we keep moving our country forward?" Obama said at another fund-raising event in Austin, referring to Bush's eight years as president.

In reminding voters about the policies of the unpopular Bush, Obama is trying to protect his fellow Democrats' majorities in Congress and limit anticipated Republican gains.

Obama attacks Bush policies in Bush's home state - Yahoo! News

does obama need a tissue?

you're kidding right?

reagan was still running against carter in his convention speech in 1984...

and why would we not remind people that the rightwingnuts wouldn't change a single thing that bush did?

just wondering.

and while we're at it, let me know when the rightwingnuts stop talking about bill clinton. :thup:

how does obama differ from bush?
stimulus? tax cuts? bailouts? increased spending? entitlements?

if they're the same, then why are the rightwingnuts insane?

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) – President Barack Obama attacked the economic policies of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush in Bush's home state on Monday as evidence of the way Republicans would operate if given power in November 2 U.S. congressional elections.

At a fund-raising event for Democrats in Dallas, where Bush now lives, Obama said the former president's "disastrous" policies had driven the U.S. economy into the ground and turned budget surpluses into deficits.

Obama defended his repeated references to Bush's policies, saying they were necessary to remind Americans of the weak economy he inherited from Bush in January 2009.

"The policies that crashed the economy, that undercut the middle class, that mortgaged our future, do we really want to go back to that, or do we keep moving our country forward?" Obama said at another fund-raising event in Austin, referring to Bush's eight years as president.

In reminding voters about the policies of the unpopular Bush, Obama is trying to protect his fellow Democrats' majorities in Congress and limit anticipated Republican gains.

you're kidding right?

and why would we not remind people that the rightwingnuts wouldn't change a single thing that bush did?

just wondering.

and while we're at it, let me know when the rightwingnuts stop talking about bill clinton. :thup:

so republicans and democrats are the same....its always someone else's fault and obama's campaign on a platform of change was pure meadowmuffins

got it

you're kidding right?

just wondering.

how are they insane? HOW CAN THE PRESIDENT SAY "BUSH'S POLLICIES DROVE US IN TO THE DITCH AND MINE ARE GETTING US OUT!" if his policies aren't any different than bush's.

please tell me, other than financial reform (which adds more regulation which i don't believe any economist would say is a great way to stimulus job growth) how does obama differ from bush? HOW

you're kidding right?

just wondering.

Right wingnuts were insane over Bush's policies as well. As a matter of fact, not only the wing nuts, but us conservatives as well.

how are they insane? HOW CAN THE PRESIDENT SAY "BUSH'S POLLICIES DROVE US IN TO THE DITCH AND MINE ARE GETTING US OUT!" if his policies aren't any different than bush's.

please tell me, other than financial reform (which adds more regulation which i don't believe any economist would say is a great way to stimulus job growth) how does obama differ from bush? HOW

Bush was a little more concerned with national security than Obama. Bush was a little more open to bipartisanship than Obama. Bush was MUCH MORE thick skinned as it peretained to criticism. Bush did not feel the need to alienate any group be them business owners, radicals like the far left, demonstrators like Sheehan and her crowd...

Right wingnuts were insane over Bush's policies as well. As a matter of fact, not only the wing nuts, but us conservatives as well.

no they weren't. and if they were then bohner and his buddies would be out... yet they're talking about him being speaker of the house if the repubs get power....and the psychotic darryl issa handling the subpoenas so the rightwingnuts can try to undo a lawful election yet again?

issa shouldn't be within a thousand miles of that kind of power.

i'm still waiting to see the right whine when they waste another 70 million dollars of our money on pointless investigations...

jillian.

HOW DO OBAMA'S POLICIES DIFFER FROM BUSH'S?
OMAR DA GREAT?
RDEAN?

you're kidding right?

just wondering.

so republicans and democrats are the same....its always someone else's fault and obama's campaign on a platform of change was pure meadowmuffins

got it

Do not allow the rhetoric coming out of the WH fool you.
As for his platform for change....

It began when he said he was going to

"CHANGE THE WAY THINGS ARE DONE IN WASHINGTON"

Now that he is playing every dam game that washington can play and even ytaking it to another level ALL together, the WH is saying his idea of change was to change America.

No...he was elected on his promise to change the way things are done in washington. No more back room deals. No more manipulating the system....

Sure.....now all I keep on hearing is "Bush did the same thing"

Bush was a little more concerned with national security than Obama. Bush was a little more open to bipartisanship than Obama. Bush was MUCH MORE thick skinned as it peretained to criticism. Bush did not feel the need to alienate any group be them business owners, radicals like the far left, demonstrators like Sheehan and her crowd...

bush was more concerned with military AGGRESSION than obama... not security.

bush was never for bi-partisanship as you'd perhaps understand if you were on my side of the aisle. bush gave the finger to the left side of the aisle the day he took office because he was obsessessed with furthering the objectives of the radical religious right.

obama tried to be bi-partisan and got the finger for it from the 'ihopehefails' loons.

otherwise, there would be a public option....

otherwise, we'd be out of iraq ....

otherwise, we'd be out of afghanistan....

otherwise, there would have been a real jobs bill when he came into office and not the watered down trash that came out of congress and which the rightwingnuts promptly gave the finger to after getting concessions....

otherwise, DADT would be GONE.

Bush left crawford in the middle of the night to sign a bill to make the rightwingnuts happy on the schiavo issue... interestingly the only thing he ever left crawford for during his 8 years.

bush appointed rightwingnuts to the court... obama put moderates on the court... really stupid imo.

Texas is doing economically better than most every other state. Good thing Texans are smarter than liberals. Obama has increased the size of Govt. by 25 percent since he's been in office and added 50 percent more to the deficit. Obama is an idiot as is all that support him.

Jill.. hate to tell you but Bush was not radical right.. nor did he pander to the radical right... in fact many of his economic policies were far from radical right and even pissed off moderates within his party

Obama has not tried to work in a bi-partisan manner.. he has tried to force those on the other side to take his way, the highway, or be labeled as a roadblock to his radical agenda

you're kidding right?

just wondering.

got it

Now that he is playing every dam game that washington can play and even ytaking it to another level ALL together, the WH is saying his idea of change was to change America.

No...he was elected on his promise to change the way things are done in washington. No more back room deals. No more manipulating the system....

like i said, if it's the same thing, the rightwingnuts wouldn't have obama derangement syndrome, would they?

btw, he DID change things... Bush/Cheney is gone.

That was a pretty good start.

what did you think he was going to do? get rid of lobbyists?

oh right... corporations are 'people' now for purposes of the first amendment courtesy of the rightwing court.

bush was never for bi-partisanship as you'd perhaps understand if you were on my side of the aisle. bush gave the finger to the left side of the aisle the day he took office because he was obsessessed with furthering the objectives of the radical religious right.

obama tried to be bi-partisan and got the finger for it from the 'ihopehefails' loons.

otherwise, there would have been a real jobs bill when he came into office and not the watered down trash that came out of congress and which the rightwingnuts promptly gave the finger to after getting concessions....

Bush left crawford in the middle of the night to sign a bill to make the rightwingnuts happy on the schiavo issue... interestingly the only thing he ever left crawford for during his 8 years.

bush appointed rightwingnuts to the court... obama put moderates on the court... really stupid imo.

Sorry Jillian.

Your opinion...and certainly directly contrasting of mine.

As I see it, you partisan hatred for Bush seems to be allowing you to express opinion as fact.

Me? I did not like Bush at all, but I also recognized what he did and what he tried to do. But he never tried to manipulate the thinking of the peop[le in my eyes.

Obama? The man is an outright liar. No ifs and or buts about it. He has you believing he tried to be bi-partisan...and all he has are words....but no proof that the GOP would not work with him. He uses his gift of gab to fool people into thinking he says one thing when in fact he is saying another. Thay is why Gibbs is continually saying "look at the record, he never said that"

And you are a birght woamn...and you fell for it.

Obama is good...real good at fooling people and one day you will wake up and say "what the fu@#"

bush appointed rightwingnuts to the court... obama put moderates on the court... really stupid imo.[/QUOTE

that is absurd.
how has obama tried to be bi-partisan? he's spent most of his time insulting republicans, kind of like how he's insulted bankers, doctors, insurance companies, oil companies, etc...
so republicans are keeping us in iraq?
how are republicans keeping us in afghanistan? obama campaigned on afghanistan as the good war. he suggested a surge.
so the problem with the stimulus was it wasn't big enough?
time will tell whether the wise latina and lesbo softball player are moderates. somehow i think we all have a pretty good idea how they'll rule on most decisions.

jillian - how have obama's economic policies differed from bush's? please, tell me.

This current President does come off as a bit of a whiny baby. Bush definitely didn't whine this much. He took the hits like a man and didn't sit around whining all the time. This excessive whining stuff must be in Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" handbook or something. Blame BOOOOOOOOOSH is getting pretty old as well. I think voters are much more savvy than the Democrats think. That and repeatedly calling good Americans "Stupid" and "Racist" might not be the winners they think they are in these coming elections. I guess we'll see though. Make 2010 count people.

got it

like i said, if it's the same thing, the rightwingnuts wouldn't have obama derangement syndrome, would they?

btw, he DID change things... Bush/Cheney is gone.

That was a pretty good start.

what did you think he was going to do? get rid of lobbyists?

oh right... corporations are 'people' now for purposes of the first amendment courtesy of the rightwing court.

First of all...

HE did not get rid of Bush and Cheney.
The law did.

Secondly,...

he was the one who said no more lobbyists. Not me.
He siad no more back room deals. Not me.
He said bi partisanship. Not me.

He has mocked people expressing their right to free speach....childish
He has mocked a news agency that reports on his mistakes.....childish
He has criticized a police department on INTERNATIonal TV.....childish
He knocked a state for their own legislation.....chjildish
He mocked a SCOTUS decisoion on INTERNATIONAL TV.......plain old STUPID!

The man is a lying child and I have no tolerance for his games anymore.

Bush behaved like a man and took all the vile insults from the Left. Even when they called his daughters "Drunken Whores",he took it in stride and dealt with it like a big boy. This current President behaves like a spoiled little brat who can't deal with even a little legitimate criticism. I'm actually pretty sick of all his whining. I think many Americans agree with me on that. He should probably consider quitting. He's clearly not up for the job.

has it been discussed here on anywhwere that obama is a classic example of someone who suffers from narcissistic personality disorder?

Forum List

Back