Democrats = failed ideas, still running against bush

And Republicans have what new ideas exactly and are running on what besides opposition to Obama again?

The only thing in this country worse than the miserable, spineless, obsequious to power, conviction-lacking Democratic Party is the nation-sucking vacuum of the GOP.

Voting Republicans back into power because Obama hasn't fixed the problems created by Republicans in the first place would be full-on retarded.

If you want genuine change, third party is your only real option and it would be a viable one if only so many people didn't buy into the false dichotomy of a two-party stranglehold on our democracy.

Last edited:
Perhaps the right should run against Carter? Oh, wait.. we have Obama we can run against.

N E V E R M I N D

And Republicans have what new ideas exactly and are running on what besides opposition to Obama again?

The only thing in this country worse than the miserable, spineless, obsequious to power, conviction-lacking Democratic Party is the nation-sucking vacuum of the GOP.

Voting Republicans back into power because Obama hasn't fixed the problems created by Republicans in the first place would be full-on retarded.

If you want genuine change, third party is your only real option and it would be a viable one if only so many people didn't buy into the false dichotomy of a two-party stranglehold on our democracy.

3rd parties only dilute the vote. That's how we got Clinton.

And this is not an anti-Clinton rant... so don't go there.

Obama attacks Bush policies in Bush's home state

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) – President Barack Obama attacked the economic policies of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush in Bush's home state on Monday as evidence of the way Republicans would operate if given power in November 2 U.S. congressional elections.

At a fund-raising event for Democrats in Dallas, where Bush now lives, Obama said the former president's "disastrous" policies had driven the U.S. economy into the ground and turned budget surpluses into deficits.

Obama defended his repeated references to Bush's policies, saying they were necessary to remind Americans of the weak economy he inherited from Bush in January 2009.

"The policies that crashed the economy, that undercut the middle class, that mortgaged our future, do we really want to go back to that, or do we keep moving our country forward?" Obama said at another fund-raising event in Austin, referring to Bush's eight years as president.

In reminding voters about the policies of the unpopular Bush, Obama is trying to protect his fellow Democrats' majorities in Congress and limit anticipated Republican gains.

Obama attacks Bush policies in Bush's home state - Yahoo! News

does obama need a tissue?

Running against Bush still has plenty of traction because the current members of the GOP still want to keep his tax cuts for the rich.

The question is what is Obama doing that is different than Bush?

1. Taking over the auto industry in the country.

Ok.

2. Health Care--that the majority of Americans DO NOT WANT.

Bush did part D.

3. Growing our government by another .25% or 1/4 since the day he took office.

Bush grew Government too, a lot.

4. Breaking every single promise he made on the campaign trail.

He has not broken every promis, about as many as Bush did.

5. Not extending the Bush tax cuts--that will not only hit the wealthy in this country--but will raise capital gains taxes--which is a middle class tax HIKE--which includes hitting seniors on their dividend checks that depend on those to make ends meet each month.

Ok.

6. Immigration--suinig the state of Arizona.

Yes Obama has taken it a step further, but they both pushed for Amnesty, so they are still the same really.

7. Driving this country into unsustainable debt in his "flood the basement economic policy."

Seriously, Bush ran the country into the ground as well... These are almost the same people bud.

That's just a few items I can think of in a nano-second.

Take your time, it might help next time.

View attachment 11136

Now up to 12.4 TRILLION without the cost of health-care or stimulus bill jr.

And what did Bush push it up to, grandpa?

Bold.

Its easier to blame Bush than it is to explain why your policies ain't workin for shit. LOL

It took Reagan 2 years to straighten out the mess Carter left him. Barry Boy better hurry. That 2 year mark is fast approaching. LOL

Reagan.. he never did sort anything out, he just came up with bigger and more idiotic problems. Everyone knew Nancy was the one running the WH his last two years in office. He was slowly becoming more and more sick and they didn't want anyone to know. He was afterall the best of the worst in a string of Republican mistakes.

You all hate it when we talk about your absolute biggest failure GW Bush, doncha.. :lol:

Its easier to blame Bush than it is to explain why your policies ain't workin for shit. LOL

It took Reagan 2 years to straighten out the mess Carter left him. Barry Boy better hurry. That 2 year mark is fast approaching. LOL

Reagan.. he never did sort anything out, he just came up with bigger and more idiotic problems. Everyone knew Nancy was the one running the WH his last two years in office. He was slowly becoming more and more sick and they didn't want anyone to know. He was afterall the best of the worst in a string of Republican mistakes.

You all hate it when we talk about your absolute biggest failure GW Bush, doncha.. :lol:

Failure? from the party that gave us Jimmy "Desert One" Carter? The only party to produce an impeached president in the last century? The party that has proven itself completely, utterly unable to govern? In all, the Party of Fuck You??

I am just wondering why Bush and Obama get all the blame for everything going on. You do know that they only suggest policy and congress is the group who makes policy. I see all the time where the Republicans are responsible for the 8 years before Obama. So you are telling me that the Republicans voted Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House. No wonder they can not get anything done. The Republicans gave up power in 2006. By the way unemployment was at 4.6% at that time.

I do not profess to know everything about economics. I do know however when you do not have money you do not continue to spend it. You look at what you can live without and you cut it from your budget. I also know playing the blame game does not help anyone. I am personally getting tired of hearing it would have been worse instead of how it is better.

Last question for anyone who would care to answer. If things were going so well why didn't any Democrats greet Obama when he arrived? Link

LMAO

Well for a "mistake" he did pretty damned good. .

As I recall the economy boomed while he was the Prez.

I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong??? LOL

I am just wondering why Bush and Obama get all the blame for everything going on. You do know that they only suggest policy and congress is the group who makes policy. I see all the time where the Republicans are responsible for the 8 years before Obama. So you are telling me that the Republicans voted Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House. No wonder they can not get anything done. The Republicans gave up power in 2006. By the way unemployment was at 4.6% at that time.

I do not profess to know everything about economics. I do know however when you do not have money you do not continue to spend it. You look at what you can live without and you cut it from your budget. I also know playing the blame game does not help anyone. I am personally getting tired of hearing it would have been worse instead of how it is better.

Last question for anyone who would care to answer. If things were going so well why didn't any Democrats greet Obama when he arrived? Link

As I said. Its much easier to blame the other guy especially when what your doing ain't accomplishing shit. LOL

Failure? from the party that gave us Jimmy "Desert One" Carter? The only party to produce an impeached president in the last century? The party that has proven itself completely, utterly unable to govern? In all, the Party of Fuck You??

You don't think Nixon wasn't a c-hair away from being impeached?

This is how they differ...

graph.jpg

dogshit.jpg

Looks like your chart is saying Republicans suck.

We know that Bush left out the cost of two wars, the cost of his expensive drug bill and the cost of the tax cuts for the rich. Add those into the Bush column and take them away from the Obama column and you have an accurate chart.

Is it impossible for the right to be honest? Ever?

how does that show how obama has differed from bush? so obama hasn't increased spending? engaged in bailouts? enacted a stimulus bill? create a huge new entitlement program? cut taxes?

So, you admit that Bush was a failure? It's a start.

Too bad Republicans haven't come up with any "new" ideas. Just cut taxes for big corporations. Let big corporations strip mine America. Deregulate for big corporations.

Is there a "pattern" here?

That's because he resigned to keep away from the "f" word - Felony.

Bill lied about getting BJs cause he didn't want to admit it to his wife. How many on the right get BJs and won't tell their wives. Or GIVE them for that matter.

The only reason the right is so angry is because Monica wasn't a "dude".

He absolutely was. If he hadn't resigned, he would have been impeached. And it would have been legitimate, based on real illegal activities from the president on down, not because of some affair that he had.

As it was, Nixon was run out of town on a rail. Lucky he wasn't tarred and feathered.

I dont know.
But he wasn't. And Clinton was. And both on the same charges, I might add.

Looks like your chart is saying Republicans suck.

We know that Bush left out the cost of two wars, the cost of his expensive drug bill and the cost of the tax cuts for the rich. Add those into the Bush column and take them away from the Obama column and you have an accurate chart.

Is it impossible for the right to be honest? Ever?

how does that show how obama has differed from bush? so obama hasn't increased spending? engaged in bailouts? enacted a stimulus bill? create a huge new entitlement program? cut taxes?

So, you admit that Bush was a failure? It's a start.

Too bad Republicans haven't come up with any "new" ideas. Just cut taxes for big corporations. Let big corporations strip mine America. Deregulate for big corporations.

Is there a "pattern" here?

great non-answer.

so you want to label bush's policies as a failure, yet you don't deny that obama is continuing them.

when barry says, "they're policies drove us in to the ditch, and mine are getting us out"

what does he mean by that?

which obama policy is getting us out? i assume he means the stimulus (tried by bush) so what obama is really saying is, bush's policy's weren't as extreme as mine were? his stimulus was small, mine was big. his deficits were large, mine are huge. his entitlment was 1/2 trillion, mine is a trillion.

rdean, what point are you making? WHERE DOES OBAMA DIFFER FROM BUSH?

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) – President Barack Obama attacked the economic policies of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush in Bush's home state on Monday as evidence of the way Republicans would operate if given power in November 2 U.S. congressional elections.

At a fund-raising event for Democrats in Dallas, where Bush now lives, Obama said the former president's "disastrous" policies had driven the U.S. economy into the ground and turned budget surpluses into deficits.

Obama defended his repeated references to Bush's policies, saying they were necessary to remind Americans of the weak economy he inherited from Bush in January 2009.

"The policies that crashed the economy, that undercut the middle class, that mortgaged our future, do we really want to go back to that, or do we keep moving our country forward?" Obama said at another fund-raising event in Austin, referring to Bush's eight years as president.

In reminding voters about the policies of the unpopular Bush, Obama is trying to protect his fellow Democrats' majorities in Congress and limit anticipated Republican gains.

you're kidding right?

reagan was still running against carter in his convention speech in 1984...

and why would we not remind people that the rightwingnuts wouldn't change a single thing that bush did?

just wondering.

and while we're at it, let me know when the rightwingnuts stop talking about bill clinton. :thup:

yes, because they past 8 years fr gop ideas and policy lead us to be so properous...let's give the republicans a:clap2: For their great ideas.

so why is obama continuing those failed policies??????

That's a good question and one that I don't know the answer to. If I was a mind reader I would nt be doing what I do for a livng that's for sure.

great way to avoid the question.

so you are not denying that obama is continuing bush's failed policies? you just don't know why he's continuing them.

which policies is obama referring to when he says, "they drove us into the ditch, and I'm getting us out"

even bush knows that he was a failure and that he's still the gift that keeps on giving...

hence them putting off his book release so he doesn't remind people even further what a fail he was.

:lol:

you're kidding right?

reagan was still running against carter in his convention speech in 1984...

and why would we not remind people that the rightwingnuts wouldn't change a single thing that bush did?

just wondering.

and while we're at it, let me know when the rightwingnuts stop talking about bill clinton. :thup:

how does obama differ from bush?
stimulus? tax cuts? bailouts? increased spending? entitlements?

Forum List

Back