Democrats Are No-shows At Weekend Efforts To Prevent A Shutdown

they want a shutdown so they can try and blame the pubs?

The senate knows they don't have to do a thing, everyone knows the Rs are up to no good yet again. :lol:

It's been clear for 5 years that the Democrat controlled Senate has been up to no good. The House has passed a budget 5 years in a row and the Senate shitcans them and does nothing. Instead it's been one continuing resolution after another just to keep the government working.

I cannot believe you agree with this stupid horseshit. You must enjoy fucking with people's lives.
I thought that by not passing viable budgets, the Democrats were shilling to spend more, and for those first few years, it worked when they had a stranglehold on both houses. Now, with two counts of negligence on that spending that resulted in downgrading the US credit rating with banks, the Democrats still want to borrow and spend another trillion this upcoming year instead of doing the budget within our means.

We're a far cry from Obama's 2009 pledge to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. It never got there, plus the national debt is now at 16.95 trillion, almost 17 trillion. And as hard as Boehner is trying to stop spending, the Democrats go bananas if they can't hear a "yes" to spending another trillion that we don't have. They really need to pay that 5.5 trillion debt they have incurred against foreign countries, too.

USNationalDebtClock

Sunday is the LORDS DAY

The Senate will approve a clean Continuing Resolution tomorrow

Will Republicans shut down the Government?

Well, they SAID they needed Democrats there to prevent that. It didn't happen so they must be going to shut it down on their own tonight.

That would be a neat trick. Shutting it down tonight.

The truth doesn't matter at all here to those on the left.

Obamacare is very unpopular.
Obama is granting delays to thousands of his base voters to avoid the punishing effects of Obamacare.
The Senate hasn't passed a budget since Obama took office.
The minority leader in the House decided not to show during this weekends procedures.
Harry Reid won't even convene the Senate till almost close of business Monday.
Obama says he refuses to sign anything that doesn't give him 100% of what he wants.
Obama called Iran and played golf this weekend.

Yet liberals claim this is all the Republicans' fault.

OB-ZB898_BUDGET_G_20130928115136.jpg

WASHINGTON–House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) issued a statement blasting Democrats for not reconvening the Senate sooner, in the latest round of recriminations over a rapidly approaching government shutdown.
More In Budget Battle

If the Senate reconvenes as planned Monday afternoon, Democrats will be engaging in an act of “breathtaking arrogance,” Mr. Boehner said in a written statement early Sunday afternoon.

“They will be deliberately bringing the nation to the brink of a government shutdown for the sake of raising taxes on seniors’ pacemakers and children’s hearing aids and plowing ahead with the train wreck that is the president’s health care law,” Mr. Boehner said.

The top House Republican urged Senate leaders to pass on Sunday the legislation approved by the GOP-controlled House early Sunday morning that would keep the government running for the first two and a half months of the fiscal year, which begins Tuesday. On Saturday House Republicans added to the stopgap spending bill provisions that would delay the implementation of the federal health-care overhaul by one year and repeal the law’s tax on medical devices.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) has said Senate Democrats will reject both those provisions. The Senate is expected to vote Monday to remove the GOP-backed provisions and send a stripped spending bill back to the House. It remains uncertain whether the two chambers will be able to agree on a stopgap spending measure before the midnight Monday deadline.​

Meanwhile, Obama golfs.........

Barack_Obama_playing_golf.jpg

Boehner Attacks Senate ?Arrogance? as Deadline Approaches - Washington Wire - WSJ

Just heard on the news that the House passed a bill. They want to shove the ACA back for a year.

Harry Reid has already declared the bill DOA. He'll just add it to the other bills gathering dust on his desk.

Gee. Wonder who the obstructionists are?? Wonder who actually wants to shut Govt down??

Just heard on the news that the House passed a bill. They want to shove the ACA back for a year.

Harry Reid has already declared the bill DOA. He'll just add it to the other bills gathering dust on his desk.

Gee. Wonder who the obstructionists are?? Wonder who actually wants to shut Govt down??

One guess......

obama_hope_poster.png

I challenge any nutter here to find a liberal USMB member saying anything in favor of a shutdown.

On the other hand, I have seen dozens of nutter posts saying "shut it down!" On this forum.

Why is that?

Obamacare is the law of the land. It will not be delayed. It will not be defunded. It will not be repealed. It will likely be replaced in time with a single payer system. I'll probably be ashes by then, though.

Democrats are the party of blame. They blame republicans for everything.

It shows a lot about the personalities of those who are part of, and those who support the democrat party cause.

I challenge any nutter here to find a liberal USMB member saying anything in favor of a shutdown.

On the other hand, I have seen dozens of nutter posts saying "shut it down!" On this forum.

Why is that?

Obamacare is the law of the land. It will not be delayed. It will not be defunded. It will not be repealed. It will likely be replaced in time with a single payer system. I'll probably be ashes by then, though.

Sarah G thinks it's funny. She's looking forward to it I believe.

obama2.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday is the LORDS DAY

In other words SOS (Same Old Shit)

This is all just a fucken game. The Senate and Obama do not want a budget. That would mean there would be controls on their spending. This has never been about passing a budget.

GOP whining because in a game of political hot potato they end up with the potato

Ball is in your court Republicans.......

Shutting down the government because you didn't get your way?
Not too popular with the public

Well gee. How bout that bill that the House passed.

You know, the one Reid declared DOA. He doesn't want to debate the bill. Hell. If it were debated then the House and Senate could reach agreement.

I guess that should show one and all who wants to shut down Govt and blame it on the other guy.

Stop Playing the Blame Game | Psychology Today

The Irrationality of the Four Blame Game Claims

Someone Else Must Always Be to Blame

Clearly, the first of these beliefs is false because in many cases a negative situation is not really the fault of anyone, or anyone in particular. For example, traffic accidents can be “true accidents”; people sometimes don’t get along or like each other because of personality conflicts; sometimes people come in contact with a virus and catch it to no fault of anyone. People can suffer heart attacks or get cancer without it being someone else’s false.

Indeed, when people play the blame game, they often engage in further irrational thinking in order to justify blaming others. For example, a client once exclaimed, “It’s my wife's fault I caught that nasty bug because the night before I got sick, she made me stay up to the wee hours watching that dumb video she rented." But how could someone possibly ever prove that he wouldn’t have gotten sick had he gotten more sleep? Post hoc ergo propter hoc: Just because one event followed the other doesn’t mean the first caused the second. The fallacy is classic but it’s a lot easier to cast blame than to be scientific. The blame game is a breeding ground for unscientific, unsupportable blame claims!

Losing Respect for the Blameworthy

The second belief of the blame game is also irrational because it confuses the deed with the doer. Here it is not simply “what you did was wrong.” Rather, it is that you as a person have fallen from good graces. You are less of a person for your failing and hence less worthy of respect; it is personal; you are stigmatized for it; looked down upon; you are less than you were before you faltered. If you are blameworthy then you are less worthy of respect. It’s a cardinal rule of playing the game.

But, as we know, games are not always realistic. Even if someone does something wrong, this doesn’t mean that the person himself is bad or deserves less respect as a person. If this were the case, then we would all shed our respectability because we all exercise indiscretion and make some poor choices in the course of life. So we really oughtn’t to damn the doer just because we are inclined to damn the deed. What’s true of the part is not necessarily true of the whole. It’s a simple rule of reality—and life.

Treating them with Disrespect

The use of the silent treatment, personal attacks, and the use of force are all classic ways to alienate people and to shut down the avenue for meaningful interpersonal communication whereby disagreements can be rationally addressed. The blame game, however, does not aim at constructive resolution of disagreements; instead it aims at some vague, unrealistic, and negativistic goal of making sure that people get what they deserve. This game plan get us nowhere in building fulfilling interpersonal relationships. Instead it tends to perpetuate malcontent among all concerned.

No Flies on Me

Much of this malcontent has to do with the refusal to take personal responsibility. People make mistakes and engage in regrettable actions. But by failing to take personal responsibility the road to constructive change is blocked. This refusal is piloted by the belief that somehow it is not okay to make mistakes. Better to blame others than to admit culpability. For, making mistakes means being flawed and being flawed means being unworthy of respect.

But what is really flawed is this unrealistic demand for perfection. While people are not perfect they can learn from their mistakes—but only if they admit them and change their behavior in the future. Unfortunately, the blame game looks outside oneself to cast blame. It is never me in any significant way; it is rather the other guy who is to blame. Blame me? Hell no! No flies on me!

Democrats have been running the blame game on republicans for 13 years straight now. Even when they hold a majority and could change so many of the things they blame republicans for and look like the adults. They dont. They just continue to blame republicans for every situation that is undesirable. Dont be surprised when Obama Tax consequences also become the fault of republicans.

I wonder why.....

Sunday is the LORDS DAY

This is all just a fucken game. The Senate and Obama do not want a budget. That would mean there would be controls on their spending. This has never been about passing a budget.

GOP whining because in a game of political hot potato they end up with the potato

The House did their jobs hack.

They showed up, did their jobs, and sent it back to Harry Reid and he wasn't even there to take the ball.

I still haven't gotten an answer to this...imagine it is 2007 and Nancy Pelosi sends to the Senate a budget that funds everything, but ends the Bush tax cuts for the top 2%. She says she will allow the government to shut down if the budget isn't passed with an expiration of those tax cuts.

Who would be "shutting down the government" in the above scenario?

Sunday is the LORDS DAY

Seems the only balls they have are the ones in their court.

I still haven't gotten an answer to this...imagine it is 2007 and Nancy Pelosi sends to the Senate a budget that funds everything, but ends the Bush tax cuts for the top 2%. She says she will allow the government to shut down if the budget isn't passed with an expiration of those tax cuts.

Seriously? Not a single Republican on this board is willing to admit they'd blame Nancy?

:eusa_liar:

The House did their jobs hack.

They showed up, did their jobs, and sent it back to Harry Reid and he wasn't even there to take the ball.

Harry Reid made a big speech about how time is running out.
Then he dismisses the Senate on Friday and tells them to start business on Monday at 2:00p.m.
What?
Why not at 8:00 a.m.?
Because he is letting time run out, how childish and deceitful.

Seriously? Not a single Republican on this board is willing to admit they'd blame Nancy?

:eusa_liar:

They can't...it would be counter to their ridiculous "it's Obama's fault" meme.

Forum List

Back