Democrats Are Killing America

Since when does craziness = facts?

are you claiming that it is a "fact" that the Democrats have tripled spending since gaining control? If so, could you source that for the class? I'm looking at the CBO and CEA data and it shows no such thing.

Yea that's exactly what I'm claiming. Remember the Democrats took control of the purse strings in '06, but let's put that aside and concentrate on Obama.
Then you are staggeringly, unquestionably and without doubt very, very wrong.

The last Budget with Republicans in charge equaled 2.8 Trillion dollars.
Triple that budget would be federal spending equal to 8.4 Trillion dollars.

The proposed 2011 budget is 3.69 Trillion dollars. For those keeping score at home, that's an increase since the last Republican congress of about 1/3rd, not 3. Perhaps you got numerator and denominator upside down.

Democrats are Killing America...

After the big spending of the Bush administration, the Obama-Pelosi-Reid Democrat Party tripled that spending, with little to no results to show for it.

America is in trouble.

Big trouble.

Trillions in additional future debt have been placed upon the shoulders of this country’s children and grandchildren – and their children and grandchildren. Just this week the Mortgage Bankers Association indicated one in ten mortgages are in default. Jobless claims rose for three straight weeks, with unemployment hovering near 10 percent – and real unemployment likely far higher than that as many Americans have simply given up trying to find work. Currently 10.1 million people are receiving unemployment checks. GDP growth is now being estimated to be below 2% – far below what is required for a growing economy and much-needed job creation.
____

Full article here:

Democrats are Killing America.. | Newsflavor

True. Big government doesn't work. Only people do when they can find jobs and when employers and banks aren't afaid to hire and lend, because of government regulations, increased taxes and high and fast spending.

After the big spending of the Bush administration, the Obama-Pelosi-Reid Democrat Party tripled that spending, with little to no results to show for it.

America is in trouble.

Big trouble.

I agree that we are in big trouble. It's not democrats and it's not republicans, it's a refusal to understand and accept reality. The reality is that we refuse to live by the laws of nature, and instead try to defy them. We reward the weak and unproductive, and we punish those who are working hard to pay the bills. We elect politicians because we want something from them personally, be it favors in the form of personal welfare, corporate welfare, or a personal ideology to be legislated. We don't live within our means, and we have become collectively spoiled, fat, and lazy.

The Obama White House and Democrat Congress have done nothing but worsen an already difficult economic situation. Whether out of ignorance, willful neglect, or outright stupidity – Americans have had it with this crop of Big Government anti-business Democrats. Voters are both angry and frightened heading into the November midterm elections, and for very good reason.

As millions are unemployed, as small business buckles under the weight of threatened tax and health care cost increases and regulation, the Obama family flies off to a $50,000 per week Martha’s Vineyard vacation home. This vacation follows numerous others the First Family has taken in the past year. Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi calls for investigations against those opposed to the Ground Zero Mosque. Democrat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid states disbelief than any Hispanic would vote Republican – indicating a clear bias against the notion that Hispanics have the ability to think for themselves.

And all the while, Americans are suffering, and the threats of a double-dip recession now loom, with more jobs lost, more homes foreclosed upon, more families facing increasingly desperate times.

The Obama-Pelosi-Reid Democrats are killing America…

___

Full article here:

Last edited:
are you claiming that it is a "fact" that the Democrats have tripled spending since gaining control? If so, could you source that for the class? I'm looking at the CBO and CEA data and it shows no such thing.

Yea that's exactly what I'm claiming. Remember the Democrats took control of the purse strings in '06, but let's put that aside and concentrate on Obama.

The proposed 2011 budget is 3.69 Trillion dollars. For those keeping score at home, that's an increase since the last Republican congress of about 1/3rd, not 3. Perhaps you got numerator and denominator upside down.

Where are you getting your numbers from? You notice I provided links to prove my claim yet you dismiss them and just throw out numbers. And I guess I'm supposed to ignore everything else I've read and believe you.

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/02/outrage-obama-tripled-budget-deficit-in-2009-today-he-blamed-it-all-on-bush-video/

obama-deficit-bush.jpg

Federal deficit triples from year ago - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

In 2008, the nation's yearly deficit was $459 billion. In 2009, the deficit is estimated to run $1.7 trillion.

According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office the national debt will grow by $9.3 trillion between 2010 and 2019 under Obama's budget plans. At this rate, the nation's publicly held debt would rise from 41 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2008 to 57 percent in 2009 and then to 82 percent of GDP by 2019.

...President Obama almost tripled deficit spending before his 100th day in office?

Really? How many US service men and women have lost their lives fighting Bush's pointless "wars" in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Only very desperately pathetic people use the bodies of our dead service men and women to score cheap partisan points. Shame on you - though I doubt you are courageous enough to feel it.

Versus using the bodies of our LIVE US service men and women to do what, exactly? What was the purpose of the mission?

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Really? How many US service men and women have lost their lives fighting Bush's pointless "wars" in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Only very desperately pathetic people use the bodies of our dead service men and women to score cheap partisan points. Shame on you - though I doubt you are courageous enough to feel it.

Versus using the bodies of our LIVE US service men and women to do what, exactly? What was the purpose of the mission?

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Priorities change, but I gues you wouldn't know since you obviously have never been in an executive position.

- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Priorities change, but I gues you wouldn't know since you obviously have never been in an executive position.

What a dipshit you are. I have personally hired 6 additional people since Obama took office, and our company is growing. In my location, we have grown 45% this year alone. Why the rest of the "executives" can't figure out how to make money and expand is beyond me, but you are definitely barkinng up the wrong tree, disphit.

Where are you getting your numbers from

CBO and OMB

You notice I provided links to prove my claim yet you dismiss them and just throw out numbers. And I guess I'm supposed to ignore everything else I've read and believe you.

your problem isn't your links, it's your misunderstanding of them. The deficit is not the budget. The budget for fiscal year 2011 is estimated to be 31% larger than the 2007 budget year. That's not three times, that's an increase of just under 1/3rd.

Deficit spending has increased approximately 300%.

Yeah, that makes Obama sound soooo much better!!!! :)

America is in trouble.

Big trouble.

Trillions in additional future debt have been placed upon the shoulders of this country’s children and grandchildren – and their children and grandchildren.

America is in trouble.

Big trouble.

Trillions in additional future debt have been placed upon the shoulders of this country’s children and grandchildren – and their children and grandchildren. Just this week the Mortgage Bankers Association indicated one in ten mortgages are in default. Jobless claims rose for three straight weeks, with unemployment hovering near 10 percent – and real unemployment likely far higher than that as many Americans have simply given up trying to find work. Currently 10.1 million people are receiving unemployment checks. GDP growth is now being estimated to be below 2% – far below what is required for a growing economy and much-needed job creation.
____

Full article here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcRA2AZsR2Q]YouTube - Signs of Hope & Change[/ame]
____

Quite remarkable isn't it?

The all encompassing emptiness of that campaign?

Oh what fools so many who participated now realize...

America is in trouble.

Big trouble.

____

Full article here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcRA2AZsR2Q]YouTube - Signs of Hope & Change[/ame]
____

Quite remarkable isn't it?

The all encompassing emptiness of that campaign?

Oh what fools so many who participated now realize...

Yes we can change you can believe in <sigh>

Yea it's pretty depressing. Things are actually even worse than what they're telling the people. Their 9.5% Unemployment number is absolutely bogus. The real Unemployment rate is much higher. This Administration is well known for cooking the books. Just look around your own community. Lay offs are continuing at an alarming rate. Many businesses also continue to close their doors. There is no way the Unemployment rate has stayed at 9.5%. All those Thousands of Census Workers being let go yet they claim the Unemployment rate has stayed at 9.5%. Their numbers just don't add up. Unfortunately things really are worse than what they're telling the people. You do have a voice though. Make 2010 count America.

Last edited:
Yea it's pretty depressing. Things are actually even worse than what they're telling the people. Their 9.5% Unemployment number is absolutely bogus. The real Unemployment rate is much higher.

The methodology for calculating the unemployment hasn't changed since 1997, and the 1990's change was a simple technical reform. The U3 in 2010 is directly comparable to the U3 in 1998.

This Administration is well known for cooking the books. Just look around your own community. Lay offs are continuing at an alarming rate. Many businesses also continue to close their doors. There is no way the Unemployment rate has stayed at 9.5%.

Libocalypsenow vs. a 60,000 person, monthly study? Yeah, the observations in your (apparently depressed) town are far more compelling.

Forum List

Back