Democrats and ATF Want to Stop 5.56 Ammo

5.56, such puny round.

Nah...308 bolt gun for me.

I'd be happy with an m1 or m14.

Those are very pricey these days.

and bullshit like this is why we cant have common sense laws.

armor piercing my ass.
Unfortunately, agreed. The anti-gun Left has long proven 1) give them an inch on gun control and they'll reach for a mile and 2) what is "common sense" to the anti-gun Left is not "common sense" to the rest of American voters.

On the other hand- the pro-gun Right has long proven that they will oppose any common sense gun control- of any sort- regardless of how much sense it makes- because it is 'gun control'- and of course Americans have the right to own any firearm that exists in the world- along with any ammo that exists.....

And that isn't true......you post that and refuse to list those things you say we oppose...because you know that when we explain why we oppose the different gun control laws you want.....our explanations point out they are useless for stopping any crime and they do not stop mass shooters. We have shown you this over and over, so you have stopped putting out the exact laws you want.....in order to hide from the truth that your "common sense" gun control is only common sense if you don't care about stopping criminals or mass shooters...but really want to attack law abiding gun owners with nuisance taxes, fees and paperwork that put them in legal jeopardy if they make the slightest mistake......

Nice try......how about listing your "common sense" gun control so we can all see it, and then explain exactly how it stops crimnals from getting illegal guns and stops mass shooters, who can get legal guns....from committing gun crime.

And then...explain to us why the best solution that actually stops gun criminals......but doesn't impact law abiding gun owners, is ignored by you guys and in many cases fought against by left wing, anti gun politicians....

The only gun control that actually works...if you use a gun to commit a crime, you get arrested and locked up......for 30 years. And that is an actual crime with a gun......rape, robbery, murder...not a made up crime where a Nurse from Pennsylvania takes her legal gun in New Jersey, not realizing that the gun transport law in Penn. is different from New Jersey and is facing a felony, a prison sentence, the loss of her 2nd Amendment rights forever and the loss of her nursing job.......when she never used her gun to commit any crime.........

That nurse is who you target your gun control laws at.....not the rapist, the murderer or the robber........and that is why we don't trust you or consider your "common sense" gun control common sense...since they don't work, and only effect law abiding gun owners.

armor piercing my ass.
Unfortunately, agreed. The anti-gun Left has long proven 1) give them an inch on gun control and they'll reach for a mile and 2) what is "common sense" to the anti-gun Left is not "common sense" to the rest of American voters.

On the other hand- the pro-gun Right has long proven that they will oppose any common sense gun control- of any sort- regardless of how much sense it makes- because it is 'gun control'- and of course Americans have the right to own any firearm that exists in the world- along with any ammo that exists.....
you tell me -

is it common sense to outlaw bullets for being what they are not? should i trust your motives if i happen to know and understand what all this means and then *this* is pulled?

you tell me how you get trust back from the gun community when you blatantly lie about what *you* want?

armor piercing my ass.

you tell me -

is it common sense to outlaw bullets for being what they are not? should i trust your motives if i happen to know and understand what all this means and then *this* is pulled?

you tell me how you get trust back from the gun community when you blatantly lie about what *you* want?

They don't care about trust...they just care about the raw power needed to push their gun control through state legislatures.......

Never, ever, trust or give quarter to left wing anti gunners. They do not want "common sense" gun control, they want to ban guns.

5.56, such puny round.

That's the beauty of having a great selection of firearms to choose from... what works for one guy does not necessarily work for the next.

armor piercing my ass.

you tell me -

They don't care about trust...they just care about the raw power needed to push their gun control through state legislatures.......

Never, ever, trust or give quarter to left wing anti gunners. They do not want "common sense" gun control, they want to ban guns.
maybe - but i still would like him to answer the question -

when you flat out lie about the power of a bullet, how can you take anything that admin would as fact/true again?

The incestuous nature of anti-gun nutters has bred all commonsense right out of their gene pool.... fact
Funny. I presume you mean politically incestuous, not genetically incestuous. If so, I agree. Their movement does breed with itself.

The main problem, IMO, is that Democrats tend to like "one-size fits all" solutions; they want simple, all-encompassing solutions and don't have the will and/or capacity to realize that the United States is a lot bigger than their own neighborhoods. Gun violence is a problem of urban centers, which are also bastions of Democrats. I live in rural Texas. We don't have a "gun violence" problem like the inner cities have, so why impose laws upon us that only restrict rights and do not solve anything?
Election2012tippedmore.jpg

Another major problem is that "gun violence" is easily divided into the greater issue of race in America. Most murders are black men murdering black men in the cities. Most "gun violence" suicides are white men. Banning guns won't solve the suicide problem much less cure depression, but it would certainly cut down on the number of black-on-black murders.

Guns and race: The different worlds of black and white Americans | Brookings Institution
Gun deaths also vary dramatically by type. The vast majority (77 percent) of white gun deaths are suicides; less than one in five (19 percent) is a homicide. These figures are nearly opposite in the black population, where only 14 percent of gun deaths are suicides but 82 percent are homicides:

Reeves-1215002.png

Reeves-1215003.png
Proof that more firearms do not equal more deaths from violence… Opposite is true
More frivolous gun laws equals more violent crime… Fact
Agreed. Does anyone here think the nutjob in Oregon would have been able to murder two men if there was one good man with a gun?

Why not spent uranium?

Got any?

Do you know how long 'spent uranium' is radioactive for?
depleted uranium is used in ammo and it is not very radioactive at all
Uranium and Depleted Uranium - World Nuclear Association

Depleted uranium is not classified as a dangerous substance radiologically, though it is a potential hazard in large quantities, beyond what could conceivably be breathed. Its emissions are very low, since the half-life of U-238 is the same as the age of the Earth (4.5 billion years). There are no reputable reports of cancer or other negative health effects from radiation exposure to ingested or inhaled natural or depleted uranium, despite much study

5.56, such puny round.

I'd love to have either a M1 or SA M1A, but you are correct, too pricey. Maybe for my retirement present in a couple years.

In the meantime, I've settled on both a DPMS Oracle AR-10 and a couple of Mosin-Nagants for long range rifles.

308 ORACLE
2wdzeo7.jpg

zknyxk.jpg

Military is moving on from 5.56......because it lacks punching power
They'd like too, but there are both practical and political reasons stopping them. The number one reason is cost. The number two reason is fucking over our allies. After WWII, the US pushed for both NATO and common ammunition. Due to our power, we refused to go to the 9mm even though it was the most common ammunition of our allies, but succeeded in battle rifle ammunition using the NATO 7.62X51MM......then we became involved in the Southeast Asian Wargames (Thank you, Democrats!) and decided to switch from the NATO round to our own 5.56MM. Later, as a consolation, we switched to the NATO 9mm pistol ammo. Now, if we want to switch again, we need to consider our allies in the process.

5.56, such puny round.

I'd love to have either a M1 or SA M1A, but you are correct, too pricey. Maybe for my retirement present in a couple years.

In the meantime, I've settled on both a DPMS Oracle AR-10 and a couple of Mosin-Nagants for long range rifles.

308 ORACLE
2wdzeo7.jpg

zknyxk.jpg

And those guns from Springfield suck ass to. CMP is gone now I think, but if you save your pesos and hide your time you can get either rifle from that program or whatever it is now at a decent price without all the Springfield hype.

They'd like too, but there are both practical and political reasons stopping them. The number one reason is cost. The number two reason is fucking over our allies. After WWII, the US pushed for both NATO and common ammunition. Due to our power, we refused to go to the 9mm even though it was the most common ammunition of our allies, but succeeded in battle rifle ammunition using the NATO 7.62X51MM......then we became involved in the Southeast Asian Wargames (Thank you, Democrats!) and decided to switch from the NATO round to our own 5.56MM. Later, as a consolation, we switched to the NATO 9mm pistol ammo. Now, if we want to switch again, we need to consider our allies in the process.
No they need to find a penetrating round......Nato wont follow......screw em

5.56, such puny round.

Maybe for an elk, but I have seen them as well as caribou dropped on the regular with them. As for people, you can bust out the googlefoo
and find plenty of photos of folks who would disagree if they survived their ordeal. You will miss the smell of human flesh ripped to shreds by a 556 round, but you will get the idea. No, it won't bust an engine block, but then neither will a 7.62. .308 is nice in anbolt gun and killing people, but there are way better rounds then he 308 that cost half as much for decent ammo.

Cheaper and effective to just switch to 7.62X39mm....that way our troops can load up ammo off the bodies of dead Russians and North Koreans.

Cheaper and effective to just switch to 7.62X39mm....that way our troops can load up ammo off the bodies of dead Russians and North Koreans.

Mm, 7.62 ain't to much better. Bout the same as .223/55.6 or whatever it's popular to call it now. But where the 7.62 commie round shines in in small Jamey bolt guns. With 16" barrels and well thought out and developed handloads it's a fine round in the nasty brambles where deer and hogs live here. And Hornady makes nice hunting ammo last I heard.

5.56, such puny round.

Maybe for an elk, but I have seen them as well as caribou dropped on the regular with them. As for people, you can bust out the googlefoo
and find plenty of photos of folks who would disagree if they survived their ordeal. You will miss the smell of human flesh ripped to shreds by a 556 round, but you will get the idea. No, it won't bust an engine block, but then neither will a 7.62. .308 is nice in anbolt gun and killing people, but there are way better rounds then he 308 that cost half as much for decent ammo.
In my opinion the .308 Winchester is the best do all cartridge there is…
Good ballistic coefficient, very affordable, very Readily available, very accurate, little recoil, short action, all kinds of bullets available because it's a 30 caliber...

5.56, such puny round.

In my opinion the .308 Winchester is the best do all cartridge there is…
Good ballistic coefficient, very affordable, very Readily available, very accurate, little recoil, short action, all kinds of bullets available because it's a 30 caliber...

Mm, tell you what, take a person who has never shot a gun and have them shoot yours. Allot of people just cant take the recoil and in full auto in say, an AR 10 it can be an beast. As far as hunting a rounds go, there are a ton of rounds that recommended l less and perform better. Gotta remember, animals aren't people so it's apples and mangos really. As a person thumper no argument. It's a bad ass.

Forum List

Back