Democrats Always Say They'll Leave

Wow, if 5 democrats say it, that must mean that all democrats believe it.

Mods; move this thread into the shit-bucket where it belongs.

Democrats who say they'll leave kind of looks pussy compared to Republicans (Ted Nugent), who said he would be dead. But then he didn't die, so I guess Republicans are the real pussies.

Who cares. I'm more interested in who's going to leave USMB if Trump is President.

Aren't you? :dunno:
If Trump becomes President I hereby promise to become a warmongering neocon. Because it will have proven that life is all fun and games and nothing matters anyways.

Go Trump!
There is no "s" in anyway. :slap:

Why don't you just leave now and save the rest of us a fuck-ton of grief. :dunno:

Who cares. I'm more interested in who's going to leave USMB if Trump is President.

If Trump becomes President I hereby promise to become a warmongering neocon. Because it will have proven that life is all fun and games and nothing matters anyways.

Go Trump!

Why don't you just leave now and save the rest of us a fuck-ton of grief. :dunno:
You bastard!

Anyway vs. anyways
Anyways is a colloquial variant of the adverb anyway. It has a casual tone and may be considered out of place in formal or serious writing. In such contexts, anyway is safer.

Although considered informal, anyways is not wrong. In fact, there is much precedent in English for the adverbial -s suffix, which was common in Old and Middle English and survives today in words such as towards, once, always, and unawares. But while these words survive from a period of English in which the adverbial -s was common, anyways is a modern construction (though it is now several centuries old).

Anyways is sometimes useful for creating an informal or colloquial tone, which may be what these writers have in mind:

Anyways, it’s time to move on. [NY Times]

Whatever. Home Improvement sucked anyways. [Bleacher Report]

But in writing that is not intended to have a colloquial tone, anyway works in its place—for example:

Why is Google building a Google phone, anyway? [The Atlantic]

It can be nearly impossible to see from publicly available data which banks are extending or restructuring loans they believe will one day fail anyway. [Wall Street Journal]

Anyway, I think it’s pretty hard to make a bad Hurley episode. [Chicago Tribune]

Anyway vs. anyways - Grammarist

Go Trump!

You bastard!

Anyway vs. anyways
Anyways is a colloquial variant of the adverb anyway. It has a casual tone and may be considered out of place in formal or serious writing. In such contexts, anyway is safer.

Although considered informal, anyways is not wrong. In fact, there is much precedent in English for the adverbial -s suffix, which was common in Old and Middle English and survives today in words such as towards, once, always, and unawares. But while these words survive from a period of English in which the adverbial -s was common, anyways is a modern construction (though it is now several centuries old).

Anyways is sometimes useful for creating an informal or colloquial tone, which may be what these writers have in mind:

But in writing that is not intended to have a colloquial tone, anyway works in its place—for example:

It can be nearly impossible to see from publicly available data which banks are extending or restructuring loans they believe will one day fail anyway. [Wall Street Journal]

Anyway, I think it’s pretty hard to make a bad Hurley episode. [Chicago Tribune]

...says the bastardized rumanent of standardized colloquialism. :slap:

Go Trump!

You bastard!

Anyway vs. anyways

I'll rumanent all over your floor motherfucker :mad:

Go Trump!

You bastard!

Anyway vs. anyways

I've got laser beams for that shit.

Dude - you lost this war before it ever started.

Go Trump!

You bastard!

Anyway vs. anyways

I've got laser beams for that shit.

Dude - you lost this war before it ever started.
If that were true, I'd just start another, even better war!

But this war was lame. Tha fuck was it about anyway(s)...

Forum List

Back