Democratic Civil war reaches new Heights!

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
This is awesome watching these idiots yell and scream at each other, it really sheds light on what a spoiled brat AOC really is.

With any luck at all, NONE of the democrat bullshit bills gets passed and both chambers of Congress lose the asses in the midterms. You have to wonder when those stupid fuckwad far left lunatics ever got the idea that they can do whatever they please. Hopefully the rest of us will realize th3 disaster that awaits if those clowns ever manage to take full control with enough votes to abolish the filibuster in the Senate. Cuz if that ever happens, we are FUCKED.

Crazy to see a political party that is not 100% in lockstep with each other.

There was a time when nobody wanted to buck Nancy Pelosi. But nowadays, people are more afraid of the Far Left Progressives and getting primaried next year than they are of Nancy. Never thought I'd see that day.

Seems to be happening in both parties.

Seems to be happening in both parties.
Yes, but the GOP has always had RINOs like that fucking McCain. And now it's Trump, that stupid bastard created a division within his own party that I don't think will heal until he's out of the picture. But the Dems with their Far Left Wing so out of whack with the rest of the country are trying to literally change America completely, and I don't see them going away any time soon. It's one thing to raise taxes or lower them, spend money on X or Y, but it's another to abolish the filibuster and pack the Supreme Court, and then control the elections from Washington. It's scary how close we are to that, and once done I don't think we can go back to the way things were.

Yes, but the GOP has always had RINOs like that fucking McCain. And now it's Trump, that stupid bastard created a division within his own party that I don't think will heal until he's out of the picture. But the Dems with their Far Left Wing so out of whack with the rest of the country are trying to literally change America completely, and I don't see them going away any time soon. It's one thing to raise taxes or lower them, spend money on X or Y, but it's another to abolish the filibuster and pack the Supreme Court, and then control the elections from Washington. It's scary how close we are to that, and once done I don't think we can go back to the way things were.

TRUMP didn't create the division within the republican party, he exposed the rinos and how controlled opposition works.

but it's another to abolish the filibuster

It needs to go, or at least be fixed. Keep in mind the filibuster was not part of the original plan for the Senate.

As it stands the filibuster gives the minority party wayyyyy too much power and control.

At a minimum it needs to go back to what it once was, an event with a duration and an end.

It needs to go, or at least be fixed. Keep in mind the filibuster was not part of the original plan for the Senate.

As it stands the filibuster gives the minority party wayyyyy too much power and control.

At a minimum it needs to go back to what it once was, an event with a duration and an end.

"As it stands the filibuster gives the minority party wayyyyy too much power and control."

And you'd rather have the minority party with no power at all? Ever hear of the 'tyranny of the majority'? Or do you discard it, except when your party is the one in the minority? Both parties have 50 seats but the one that the VP belongs gets to decide to do whatever they want? That's not really democracy, that's mob rule, like it is in the House. The original idea was that anything important ought to be passed by 60 votes, not 50; when you go to only 50, any chance at all of bipartisanship is out the window and it'll never come back. Right now there is at least an attempt to sway people from the minority; but going to 50 means that attempt is gone. Removing the incentive to cooperate and compromise is not something to casually discard just because you want to get your way today.

Okay, so let's talk about how it used to be, the the minority party had to keep talking right? To stall the vote, right? Not one guy, but one guy after another, for days and maybe weeks on end. You realize that under that scenario, no other business gets done in the Senate, right? That's why they went to the current filibuster, so they could move on to other stuff. Do you still want to go back to that? Remember this: however you change the rules, your party is going to be in the minority sooner or later and then your party will have to live with their own rules. Think about that.

The original idea was that anything important ought to be passed by 60 votes, not 50; when you go to only 50, any chance at all of bipartisanship is out the window and it'll never come back. Right now there is at least an attempt to sway people from the minority; but going to 50 means that attempt is gone. Removing the incentive to cooperate and compromise is not something to casually discard just because you want to get your way today.

But the minority right now has no incentive to cooperate and compromise, in fact both parties when in the minority have said they will do everything they can to make sure the other side does not succeed.

ou realize that under that scenario, no other business gets done in the Senate, right? That's why they went to the current filibuster, so they could move on to other stuff. Do you still want to go back to that?

This is why I want to go back to it.

Remember this: however you change the rules, your party is going to be in the minority sooner or later and then your party will have to live with their own rules. Think about that.

My party does not hold a single seat in the Senate. One of the major benefits of not being tied to the duopoly is that I do not have to change my views based upon election, I can be consistent year in and year out.

I have been against the current filibuster for more than 20 years. It is too much of a crutch, the majority when they get nothing done they said they would just blame the minority and their voters give them a free pass.

But the minority right now has no incentive to cooperate and compromise, in fact both parties when in the minority have said they will do everything they can to make sure the other side does not succeed.

My party does not hold a single seat in the Senate. One of the major benefits of not being tied to the duopoly is that I do not have to change my views based upon election, I can be consistent year in and year out.

I have been against the current filibuster for more than 20 years. It is too much of a crutch, the majority when they get nothing done they said they would just blame the minority and their voters give them a free pass.

Right now, yes. But in the future? It may not always be this way, with almost no chance to work together. I don't want to make that possibility all but impossible.

You want to have the Senate grind to standstill while the minority party talks and talks and talks and nothing gets done? I think that's foolish, those guys have a lot to do as it is, without sitting there unable to work on anything else.

One of the major benefits of not being tied to the duopoly is that I do not have to change my views based upon election, I can be consistent year in and year out.

For a lot of other people, this is or should be a big deal. Whatever you did during the previous period when you were the majority gets wiped out, so what's good about that?

It is too much of a crutch, the majority when they get nothing done they said they would just blame the minority and their voters give them a free pass.

To a point, but I don't think in today's world you get to keep your majority for very long if you're not getting something done. What you're really saying is that the tyranny of the majority, even a 51-50 majority is just fine with you. Fuck the other guys, ignore the bastards. Used to be not such a big deal, these guys raise taxes and those guys cut taxes; these guys spend money on this and those guys spend money on that, and life goes on. But now there's more at stake IMHO, the Far Left wants to push through highly radical changes that can't be undone. Once you start giving away free stuff like healthcare and education, you can't take it back. And the debt skyrockets.

Right now, yes. But in the future? It may not always be this way, with almost no chance to work together. I don't want to make that possibility all but impossible.

What reason is there to think it will ever get better? Both parties care about the party before the country, if that were to ever change then the filibuster being the way it once was would not be a problem.

You want to have the Senate grind to standstill while the minority party talks and talks and talks and nothing gets done? I think that's foolish, those guys have a lot to do as it is, without sitting there unable to work on anything else.

Most of what they do just fucks up the country worse.

To a point, but I don't think in today's world you get to keep your majority for very long if you're not getting something done. What you're really saying is that the tyranny of the majority, even a 51-50 majority is just fine with you. Fuck the other guys, ignore the bastards. Used to be not such a big deal, these guys raise taxes and those guys cut taxes; these guys spend money on this and those guys spend money on that, and life goes on. But now there's more at stake IMHO, the Far Left wants to push through highly radical changes that can't be undone. Once you start giving away free stuff like healthcare and education, you can't take it back.

I want the voters to be able to vote on actions, not on empty words hidden behind the filibuster. If the party in power does things most do not like, they will get voted out and the other side can try. As it is now all you hear is "they would not let us"....I am sick and tired of it.

And the debt skyrockets.

Where the hell have you been the last 40 years? That ship has done sailed.

What reason is there to think it will ever get better? Both parties care about the party before the country, if that were to ever change then the filibuster being the way it once was would not be a problem.

I want the voters to be able to vote on actions, not on empty words hidden behind the filibuster. If the party in power does things most do not like, they will get voted out and the other side can try. As it is now all you hear is "they would not let us"....I am sick and tired of it.

Maybe it will get better down the road, maybe it won't. But it's less likely IMHO if the filibuster is abolished. I do not want to destroy that option for the sake of present day politics.

True, but irrelevant. There's a reason why the Senate went to the current form of the filibuster. They did it so they could get more done.

1. So am I.
2. Don't listen.
3. The Senate recently passed a bipartisan infrastructure bill. Whether you like the bill or not, that does not happen if the filibuster is gone. No bipartisanship at all, it would entirely be brute force. Forever. And I don't see that as a positive for our country.

Don't get snide on me. Yes, the debt has gone up big time over 40 years, maybe 50. But have you seen the grotesque amount of spending the Left wants to do? And all the gov't control they want over every part of our lives? You want them to have the ability to do whatever they want, as much as they want, with no brakes whatsoever? Fuck that.

Last edited:
The good news is that an all Republican majority Congress voted into power in the mid-terms, will be able to roll back trillions of dollars of potential Dimm lunacy in 2022, as their economic craziness of any amount voted in, cannot occur until 2022!!
Popcorn tastes good.....:popcorn:!

Forum List

Back