Democrat says stupid things

Good luck with that. Why not just say you want government to run everyone's life? Some youths just don't want to learn, some aren't bright enough to go onto advanced education. In the OLD DAYS, we had Commercial High Schools that taught a job skill instead of trying to send everyone onto college. Worked fairly well until education became a place to indoctrinate young heads full of mush.

Some kids don't want to learn, but often it isn't they don't want to learn, it's that they don't want to learn the rubbish that is put in front of them, or they don't learn well in the teaching style given, and then get labelled stupid and that sticks.

There's a thread on whether stupid people should vote. Is it they are stupid, or is it that they just haven't be taught how to do things properly.

But this is one of the BIGGEST issues in the US right now, and hardly anyone bothers to take notice.

There are issues of govt control, I'm not saying it needs to be the govt that is the body that actually implements this. I would much rather there be a body of those in education who are making and producing courses that are based on what is needed, after heavy consultation. However it seems that education is about "this is what we do" and change is very hard, aims for education seem to be non-existent in many areas, and especially over the whole system from the age of 4 to 18.

What is indoctrination? Should we tell kids how to live in society? Should we tell them about rights and responsibilities? Should we give them the skills to think for themselves? Should we tell them stuff in a manner that is nationalistic?

I'd much prefer everything that is fact based, like history, to be done on an evidence based system, so kids write what they think, and not what is expected, I've seen it happen too. But it doesn't seem to happen a lot.

Kids need to have choices of different types of education that suit their needs and desires. Instead of a one size fits all type that can happen in a lot of places.

Most of what you asked was TRADITIONALLY the jobs of the parents! What does that have to say about conditions in our country when 40% or thereabouts of all couples get divorced?

Most of what you asked was TRADITIONALLY the jobs of the parents! What does that have to say about conditions in our country when 40% or thereabouts of all couples get divorced?

Society has changed. Yes, there are problems with divorce. You can look back to things like the promotion of the "perfect" family in the 1950s as a problem which leads people to have the wrong expectations for their relationship.

Education of this sort of thing could have a profound effect.

It's like with sex education when places like Texas and the South are teaching things that are simply not valid in the modern society, they cause more problems than they solve.

Parents roles as workers have changed to a certain degree, and entertainment and so on has changed, technology has changed massively and adults are struggling to deal with this because no one is actually helping them to figure things out.

That's where education comes in.

I know some pretty conservative people who just want to get married, they're desperate and they really don't care, and they'll end up with someone who treats them badly because they're not looking for the right things. no one told them what the right things were, and they haven't figured them out.

Education is the issue in family issues, from abortion, the spread of Sexually transmitted Diseases, crime, voting, and just about everything else.

And yet, how much time does it get even on a board like this?

I've seen tons of posts about this sort of thing and education really doesn't get a mention.

Changing the way people vote, which would make the US far more democratic, and get rid of the big two controlling everything is also a big issue i feel.

. Now being that the supposed unemployment is 6.7% how few LESS full time workers are there now compared to Jan. 20, 2009 when Obuma took office?...

Usually work full time Jan 2009: 115,818,000
Feb 2014: 117,819,000
Change: +2 million

Usually work part time Jan 2009: 26,377,000
Feb 2014: 27,330,000
Change: +953,000

frigidweirdo said:
kaz said:
frigidweirdo said:
Ah, pigeonhole me before you even know me.

Clearly I love Obama and want his children, and I want to move to Kenya, Yesssss?

Actually I waited to comment until I read your next post, which was alibing Obama. Nice try though. Not really, I was just being nice...

So, I make a comment which is not so negative towards Obama. Shock horror, must mean I support Obama. Maybe if I make a comment which is not so negative towards Reagan, does that mean I also support Reagan?

Or could it just be I have opinions on things, and they probably aren't going to be exactly in the middle so people who read one or two lines of what I've written think I'm totally unbiased?

Liberals constantly make the point you did, only not to liberals to everyone else. They also always make this argument. Are you denying you're a liberal? I admit when I hear quaking, I do start thinking duck pretty quickly. Though I'm always open to change based on content.

Last edited:
Education is the issue in family issues, from abortion, the spread of Sexually transmitted Diseases, crime, voting, and just about everything else.

And yet, how much time does it get even on a board like this?

I've seen tons of posts about this sort of thing and education really doesn't get a mention.

So why don't you change that by starting good threads on education rather than complaining about it? There are a lot of bright people on the board. There are also a lot of liberals. And we both like to argue.

Liberals constantly make the point you did, only not to liberals to everyone else. They also always make this argument. Are you denying you're a liberal? I admit when I hear quaking, I do start thinking duck pretty quickly. Though I'm always open to change based on content.

Just sounds like you need to put me in a little box with a nice little label on it so then you can kick it around if it doesn't have the right label on it.

I'm what I am. You can figure that out if you wish, but then again if you're one of those people who wants to know stuff like this just to bash people, i'm not interested.

But like I've said, I don't support either party, I don't like the monopoly they have, I don't like the system they control and I don't think it's good for the country. I also don't like either side using the terms "you're a liberal" "you're a conservative" as insults or maybe even going much further and using communist or nazi when it's just there for the purpose of playing the politics team game.

So why don't you change that by starting good threads on education rather than complaining about it? There are a lot of bright people on the board. There are also a lot of liberals. And we both like to argue.

I'm actually making a point here. That education isn't seen as a very high priority and using this board as evidence.

Starting a topic might not change anything, it might possibly just get ignored, it might not attract the interest of many, and it probably won't change a single thing.

As for voting and PR, well there are threads about voting, and bring up PR and it's as if you're not even talking. Voter ID seemed to be the only thing people were interested in.

. Now being that the supposed unemployment is 6.7% how few LESS full time workers are there now compared to Jan. 20, 2009 when Obuma took office?...

Usually work full time Jan 2009: 115,818,000
Feb 2014: 117,819,000
Change: +2 million

Usually work part time Jan 2009: 26,377,000
Feb 2014: 27,330,000
Change: +953,000

Thank you but perhaps I should have stated long term job loss as of Jan. 2009 2.6 million people had been out of work for more than six months.

January job loss: Worst in 34 years - Feb. 6, 2009

Total missing workers, February 2014: 5,660,000

Missing Workers: The Missing Part of the Unemployment Story | Economic Policy Institute

I'm actually making a point here. That education isn't seen as a very high priority and using this board as evidence.

Starting a topic might not change anything, it might possibly just get ignored, it might not attract the interest of many, and it probably won't change a single thing.

As for voting and PR, well there are threads about voting, and bring up PR and it's as if you're not even talking. Voter ID seemed to be the only thing people were interested in.
What does taht even mean? Who doesnt see education as a high priority? I want names.

Just sounds like you need to put me in a little box with a nice little label on it so then you can kick it around if it doesn't have the right label on it.

I'm what I am. You can figure that out if you wish, but then again if you're one of those people who wants to know stuff like this just to bash people, i'm not interested.

But like I've said, I don't support either party, I don't like the monopoly they have, I don't like the system they control and I don't think it's good for the country. I also don't like either side using the terms "you're a liberal" "you're a conservative" as insults or maybe even going much further and using communist or nazi when it's just there for the purpose of playing the politics team game.

I like labels, they save time. So far, you've done nothing but quack. I look forward to some other sounds from you in the future. And you're backwards, I label based on what I read, I don't read what I label.

It sounded a lot more like lecturing than commenting. What do you think are important points to debate in education? I'd like to start with ending the government monopoly which they use to create an indoctrination program. No Child Gets Ahead is a disaster, and Common Core is an abomination to a free country which further erodes parental involvement to turn our kids into Marxist automatons.

Democrats like it, of course, but they say stupid things as we know. Unfortunately, they think them too...

OK, not just any Democrat. But Charlie "Tax Cheat" Rangel, sounding off about his displeasure with Obama. Why? Seems Obama thought he could work with Republicans and the Tea Party. The Tea Party has the Confederate flag. So they're racists. And of course "mean". No, I'm not making that up.
Democrat Says Republicans Oppose Obama Because They’re Part of the Confederacy …Or Something

Wait, what?

A true AMERICAN HERO says the Tea Party are a bunch of CONFEDERATE TRAITORS?

What the fuck took him so long!

:eusa_clap:

Thank you but perhaps I should have stated long term job loss as of Jan. 2009 2.6 million people had been out of work for more than six months.

January job loss: Worst in 34 years - Feb. 6, 2009

Total missing workers, February 2014: 5,660,000

Missing Workers: The Missing Part of the Unemployment Story | Economic Policy Institute

So, to clarify. You mean the number of people who had been out of work for more than 6 months has risen from 2009 to 2014?

That's what the stats show!

I like labels, they save time. So far, you've done nothing but quack. I look forward to some other sounds from you in the future. And you're backwards, I label based on what I read, I don't read what I label.

I guess this sums up US politics, most people want the simple, they don't want to have to bother to actually see what things are, they don't want the patience.

You base on what you read, yet a few posts don't tell you why I said something, and certainly don't tell you enough about me for you to make a judgement.

It sounded a lot more like lecturing than commenting. What do you think are important points to debate in education? I'd like to start with ending the government monopoly which they use to create an indoctrination program. No Child Gets Ahead is a disaster, and Common Core is an abomination to a free country which further erodes parental involvement to turn our kids into Marxist automatons.

Democrats like it, of course, but they say stupid things as we know. Unfortunately, they think them too...

What do you mean by "indoctrination"? Sometimes people use this because they teach stuff they don't like.

However I think that educational aims need to be clear, and skills need to be taught. I'm not really interested so much in the content of what is taught if it doesn't mean anything. History, for example, doesn't matter what gets taught, it's how it is taught that matters.

Politicians when they use education to try and further their careers will often not put the best interests of the kids at heart, which is why schools should be in charge of schools and making sure the real aims are met, and that any targets are not ones of school league tables and the like that has happened, but ones that actually have an impact on society and can often not be quantified.

As for what democrats or others do or do not say, I think a lot of people simply underestimate education. Too many times I've heard people complain about teachers and how it's an easy job etc etc. But it's not, and it's vitally important to any nation.

Democrat says stupid things
The irony of this, of course, is that the conservative OP of this thread says the states have the ‘authority’ to violate the civil liberties of American citizens who happen to reside within the states.

Now that's stupid.

Please post where I said any such thing.
Anyway, the 10th Amendment and history clearly give the states the power to regulate marriage. Not the judiciary.
And here you are, a Democrat, saying stupid things, just like Charlie Rangel. What is it with these guys?

I guess this sums up US politics, most people want the simple, they don't want to have to bother to actually see what things are, they don't want the patience.

You base on what you read, yet a few posts don't tell you why I said something, and certainly don't tell you enough about me for you to make a judgement.

Obama has painted himself in the corner and you're letting him off the hook. I do like how you say I can't assume what you think based on a few posts, yet you freely do that to me. LOL.

Forum List

Back