Democracy and Majority Rule

"Implied" is how you made your assertion. I clearly demonstrated the problems with your post. Correct them.

You don't get to change the goal posts, son.

Is the American way of government bad?
The assertion is implied that democracy and majority rule are somehow bad.

They aren't as long as we have a constitution with minority rights.

OK, you can apologize now and step off, son.

Conveniently didn't use "quote" to post that way you still have hope that no one will see the challenge I gave you to back up what I said. YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T. I think you're the one that needs to step oh mighty OBTUSE father.

What don't you comprehend? If I made an assertion, like you claimed, it would have a post number and it would be clear that it was written directly by me...not your spin on what you thought I meant by posting an article for discussion. That is not an assertion.

Which is it? Can't be both and proof requires you pointing out my actual quote if you're going to accuse.

Now are we done?

Last edited:
Want to know who else had a low opinion of democracy? Every dictator who ever ruled. Democracy is not so much a form of government but an activity and a quality of a society that goes into the overall level of freedom. Mass protest is the most basic form of democracy, where voices are joined in an unmistakable message to the powers that be.

No if bubba boy. One, anybody can go back and read your post.

Two, you left out Jefferson and the democratic points of the Constitution.

Three, you won't answer if the American way of government is bad.

You are running, podjo, but ain't going no where.

"Implied" is how you made your assertion. I clearly demonstrated the problems with your post. Correct them.

Conveniently didn't use "quote" to post that way you still have hope that no one will see the challenge I gave you to back up what I said. YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T. I think you're the one that needs to step oh mighty OBTUSE father.

What don't you comprehend? If I made an assertion, like you claimed, it would have a post number and it would be clear that it was written directly by me...not your spin on what you thought I meant by posting an article for discussion. That is not an assertion.

Which is it? Can't be bothand proof requires you pointing out my actual quote if you're going to accuse.

Now are we done?

People can be oppressed, not governments.

According to you, the right to freedom of speech "oppresses" many states that want to censor television and newspapers.

You're an idiot, NYBeaner.

Governments are of the people. If governments can't be oppressed why are conservatives constantly harping on 'state's rights'?

One straw man point after another, with you.

Do you deny that conservatives are always advocating for state's rights? Why do they want more state's rights?

No if bubba boy. One, anybody can go back and read your post.

Two, you left out Jefferson and the democratic points of the Constitution.

Three, you won't answer if the American way of government is bad.

You are running, podjo, but ain't going no where.

Which is it? Can't be bothand proof requires you pointing out my actual quote if you're going to accuse.

Now are we done?

Listen BUSTED and FAILED. What you're miserably trying and failing to do is transfer your dislike of this partcular article onto me by LYING and making FALSE ASSERTIONS as to what I might have meant if I actually said something in response to YOUR collateral questions.

I didn't write the article so therefore "I" didn't leave anything out. Second, you want to take in the direction you want and that's acceptable. What is DISHONEST is that you attribute assertions to people that they never made or posted. They call you out and you dance the two-step trying to wiggle out of your own self created lies.

Now you may not be done but I am with you, Gonzo.

What's so good about democracy and majority rule?

The founders of our nation held a deep abhorrence for democracy and majority rule. The word democracy appears in neither of our founding documents: our Declaration of Independence and Constitution. In Federalist Paper No. 10, James Madison wrote, "Measures are too often decided, not according to the rules of justice and the rights of the minor party, but by the superior force of an interested and overbearing majority."

John Adams predicted, "Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There was never a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."

Edmund Randolph said, "... that in tracing these evils to their origin every man had found it in the turbulence and follies of democracy."

Chief Justice John Marshall observed, "Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos."

In a word or two, the founders knew that a democracy would lead to the same kind of tyranny the colonies suffered under King George III. Our founders intended for us to have a republican form of limited government where political decision-making is kept to the minimum.

Democracy and Majority Rule by Walter E. Williams

This is so far over the heads of the Libtards that it might as well be in orbit.

Anyone else notice that as far as this thread has gone, and despite all his posts, beretta hasn't actually expressed one opinion or argument of his own,

save to say that the US isn't a democracy. Which is wrong.

All of his other posts are just substanceless sniping at the people in the thread willing to argue the point.

Explains why he didn't put this in the clean debate zone.

8 Stages of democracy....

From Bondage to Spiritual Faith
From Spiritual Faith to Great Courage
From Courage to Liberty
From Liberty to Abundance
From Abundance to Complacency
From Complacency to Apathy
From Apathy to Dependence
From Dependence to back into Bondage

And in our country... the way the welfare state does with the entitlement junkies, and the way those who support the government redistribution to make it happen... we are dab smack in stage 7

Alexander Tyler was about spot on

Anyone else notice that as far as this thread has gone, and despite all his posts, beretta hasn't actually expressed one opinion or argument of his own,

All of his other posts are just substanceless sniping at the people in the thread willing to argue the point.

NYCarbonbutt's last line of defense...the personal attack. He posts half a dozen straw man diversions and I'm supposed to jump on cue for him and Jake who makes up assertions as to what I said.

The fact that Jake can't post one assertion and NYCarbuncle can't draw me into one of his now infamous, "So you're sayng..." straw man arguments has frustrated him to the point of now launching ad hominem attacks.

Then in closing NYCan'tGetIt now wants to dictate where I'm supposed to put threads to please him. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

The founders of our nation held a deep abhorrence for democracy and majority rule. The word democracy appears in neither of our founding documents: our Declaration of Independence and Constitution. In Federalist Paper No. 10, James Madison wrote, "Measures are too often decided, not according to the rules of justice and the rights of the minor party, but by the superior force of an interested and overbearing majority."

John Adams predicted, "Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There was never a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."

Edmund Randolph said, "... that in tracing these evils to their origin every man had found it in the turbulence and follies of democracy."

Chief Justice John Marshall observed, "Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos."

In a word or two, the founders knew that a democracy would lead to the same kind of tyranny the colonies suffered under King George III. Our founders intended for us to have a republican form of limited government where political decision-making is kept to the minimum.

This is so far over the heads of the Libtards that it might as well be in orbit.

Hard to orbit in the confined space of their own rectums.

Last edited:
beretta304 is jumping through his own ass now.

beretta still ignores Jefferson, ignores minority protections, and the Constitution's democratic practices.

He is as bad as a communist, anarchist, or a libertarian.

NYCarbonbutt's last line of defense...the personal attack. He posts half a dozen straw man diversions and I'm supposed to jump on cue for him and Jake who makes up assertions as to what I said.

The fact that Jake can't post one assertion and NYCarbuncle can't draw me into one of his now infamous, "So you're sayng..." straw man arguments has frustrated him to the point of now launching ad hominem attacks.

Then in closing NYCan'tGetIt now wants to dictate where I'm supposed to put threads to please him. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm curious as to what suddenly prompted this topic?

Did your side lose an election recently, by any chance?

Do you repeat yourself willfully or is it dementia?

No. I took a guess. Before I read the article. Then I read the article.

First paragraph:

President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?

lol, good guess eh? Just another glorified whinefest over the election.

And yet,

given another shoe, on a different foot, these same beretta types and his allies here will scream bloody murder if an 'unelected' tiny group of Supreme Court justices decide a case that goes against the 'majority',

the 'will of the people'.

beretta304 is jumping through his own ass now.

beretta still ignores Jefferson, ignores minority protections, and the Constitution's democratic practices.

He is as bad as a communist, anarchist, or a libertarian.

Which is worse than being you... a liar and deceiver? Still waiting for those assertions I called you out on an hour ago.

But "keep on keeping "and showing everyone how you make accusations and then can't prove them. It's all good with me. :clap2:

When the people find they can vote themselves funds from the public treasury, thereafter the majority votes only for the candidate promising the most benefit from the public funds. The democracy falls apart over such loose fiscal policy and becomes a dictatorship.

You haven't made one post on your own topic in which you take a position of any substance.

8 Stages of democracy....

From Bondage to Spiritual Faith
From Spiritual Faith to Great Courage
From Courage to Liberty
From Liberty to Abundance
From Abundance to Complacency
From Complacency to Apathy
From Apathy to Dependence
From Dependence to back into Bondage

And in our country... the way the welfare state does with the entitlement junkies, and the way those who support the government redistribution to make it happen... we are dab smack in stage 7

Alexander Tyler was about spot on

But,

are we there (according to you or whoever wrote that for you) because we are a democracy,

or because we are not a democracy?

When the people find they can vote themselves funds from the public treasury, thereafter the majority votes only for the candidate promising the most benefit from the public funds. The democracy falls apart over such loose fiscal policy and becomes a dictatorship.

Way to take credit for Benjamin Franklin's words you fucking plagiarist.

The founders of our nation held a deep abhorrence for democracy and majority rule.

No shit they hated democracy. That's why in most states black, women, and even most men were excluded from voting. Thanks for the fucking history lesson, and welcome to the future.

I. Our founders intended for us to have a republican form of limited government where political decision-making is kept to the minimum.
Our Founders intended that government be run by wealthy white males to the exclusion of everyone else and it appears you would like the same.

Listen "AutOhI PoopedMyself, don't put words in my mouth and tell me what I would like.

So you're against the Founders ideas of who should run our country?

Forum List

Back